RNEN80

A Variety Of Symptoms. Can Anyone Relate?

Rate this topic

Hi everyone. I am new to the community and to going gluten free. I have not been diagnosed, but as a nurse, I find the weird symptoms over the years leading me to my own diagnoses. Symptoms include fatigue, throat congestion, eye twitching, alternating constipation/diarrhea, cluster headaches ( behind one eye), bloating, gas, nausea, joint and muscle pain and adult acne, easy bruising and panic attack and anxiety. I feel like I am going insane somedays when the anxiety and digestion gets too bad. I have had these for years, and some are getting worse. I went gluten free about 3 days ago and have already felt a difference digestion wise. Any feedback about your experience would be great. I feel so lost. Thank you.

Hi RNEN80,

Believe me, MANY here can relate to those symptoms!

...I feel so lost.

I bet there are loads of threads on this forum that can make you feel less lost in a hurry.

I think you're in the right place.

Good luck :)

Hi everyone. I am new to the community and to going gluten free. I have not been diagnosed, but as a nurse, I find the weird symptoms over the years leading me to my own diagnoses. Symptoms include fatigue, throat congestion, eye twitching, alternating constipation/diarrhea, cluster headaches ( behind one eye), bloating, gas, nausea, joint and muscle pain and adult acne, easy bruising and panic attack and anxiety. I feel like I am going insane somedays when the anxiety and digestion gets too bad. I have had these for years, and some are getting worse. I went gluten free about 3 days ago and have already felt a difference digestion wise. Any feedback about your experience would be great. I feel so lost. Thank you.

Welcome!! I can relate to a lot of those symptoms, and to the medical worker aspect as well. I am a CT tech and found myself, the same as you, noticing the odd sequence of events. I'm very thankful for my GI doc who knew just what to do with me! I was a mess, lost is a good way to describe it. I wasn't sure of where to start, or how for that matter, luckily I came across this site. There's lots of great threads to check out and people to bounce questions off. I've been diagnosed and gluten-free for over a year now, and I feel so much better, it's awesome! Good luck to you!! :)

Thank you for your reply's! I have done a little researching on others symptoms and find myself relating to almost 95% of them. I always thought it was just because as someone in health care, you are more in tuned to symptoms and could have been overreacting. However, I don' t think I am. Too many weird symptoms; too long; too similar to celiacs. I am looking into the blood tests and or biopsy if necessary. In the mean time, going to stick to gluten free. Thank you again. I feel less lost.

Thank you for your reply's! I have done a little researching on others symptoms and find myself relating to almost 95% of them. I always thought it was just because as someone in health care, you are more in tuned to symptoms and could have been overreacting. However, I don' t think I am. Too many weird symptoms; too long; too similar to celiacs. I am looking into the blood tests and or biopsy if necessary. In the mean time, going to stick to gluten free. Thank you again. I feel less lost.

If you are planning to seek testing, you must be eating gluten. Even a short time (a couple of weeks) gluten free can skew your blood tests. It's already too easy to get false negatives, you don't want to sabotage yourself! :)

Of course, the gluten-free trial can tell you a lot too. You may find you don't want to do testing if the diet has awesome results for you.

Welcome to the forum!

Hey just started a post that sounds the exact same, I feel lost too, just looking for some guidance, starting my diet today, hopefully we both start feeling better :D