This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Kids Snacks, Candy, Treats

Mom-of-Two

Mom-of-Two Contributor

I am compiling a list of safe snacks and treats that my child can have at school or school parties- I will be giving her teacher a baggie of these things to keep on hand. Also, the room coordinator is a friend of mine and said that most of the parents are very accomodating of kids with food allergies and she can add on to the letters about upcoming parties, to request particular chips, snacks, etc that would be safe for everyone. We are not expecting gluten free dessert obviously, I would be sending in a cupcake of her own. Just to make it easier, she suggested providing her a list of safe chips, snacks, and candy. They always seem to do pretzels so I suppose sending her own baggie of gluten-free pretzels would be easier than paying for 15 kids to eat my gluten-free pretzels :)

I have been researching a lot and have a list going, but thought you would have some suggestions. Is there a list out there someplace with info on candy that is gluten free? I thought I saw one out there for Halloween time, etc.

Thanks a bunch!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Mom2J112903 Newbie

I know Brach's Candies used to have a list on their website.

Lisa Mentor

This might be helpful:

Open Original Shared Link

1974girl Enthusiast

The only thing I would add is that some "mini" versions are NOT gluten free. For example the butterfinger minis (unwrapped) are not. Reeces says that the ones in holiday shapes are NOT gluten free although I didn't find it on the label at Easter. I wonder if they flour the molds or belt. Not sure. So you have to check every size! We have VBS this week and I am sending in her snacks every day. She knows that she can have individual bags of certain chips but I don't want her eating out of the big bags where the kids jam their grimmy sandwich hands down in it. She was diagnosed at the end of December and the Red doritos were off limits. Then they have taken out the wheat earlier this year and I just found out! So red (Original) and blue bagged (Cool Ranch) Doritos are now ok.

Lfrost Explorer

Then they have taken out the wheat earlier this year and I just found out! So red (Original) and blue bagged (Cool Ranch) Doritos are now ok.

Is this only on new bigger bags? I buy the 50 ct. chip bags at Costco and on the ingredients it still says the Nacho flavored Doritos (red bag) contains wheat. I haven't checked the bigger bags recently.

kb27 Apprentice

Is this only on new bigger bags? I buy the 50 ct. chip bags at Costco and on the ingredients it still says the Nacho flavored Doritos (red bag) contains wheat. I haven't checked the bigger bags recently.

I got excited about the possibility of nacho cheese Doritos in our family's future, but the Frito-lay site still says that Nacho cheese (in all sizes) are not gluten-free. Bummer. The baked nacho cheese Doritos are gluten-free, as are many other flavors. Maybe they are transitioning over - ?

Archived