RonSchon

Pain That Coincided With My Diagnosis

Rate this topic

A fairly new pain to me, it came in at the very tail end of my undiagnosed life.

This is in my side/back. Low down, where I'm assuming my kidney on that side would be. The pain resembles the pain in a pulled muscle. I'm positive it isn't a pulled muscle.

Sometimes the pain (or pressure) reduces when I have a bowel movement. The pain seems greater when I've had a poisoning - whether it was from gluten or peanuts or something else that is poisoning me.

When my symptoms clear after 2 days, the pain lessens.

It's not at all on the other side - so just on my right hand side.

I know, I know - go to the doctor. My experience with Doctor's has made me very skeptical, as it seems that I have to tell them very specifically what needs to be done or they will tell me to get more sleep, drink more water, exercise... etc. Seriously, not exaggerating.

So... I was just looking for help with different things to research, and was wondering if anybody else had a similar type pain symptom.

I see this when I am glutened or corned. It's common to get pains like that with celiac. When I am glutened or corned, I feel that way for days.

If you have been glutened or "blank" recently, you may need to up your water intake. I tend to get dehydrated easily. Do you think you may have a problem with corn? Corn tends to make me feel like i have been kicked by a horse in that area.

I hope you feel better soon. I wouldn't worry about it.

MO,

I'm not sure about corn, but definitely rice in some forms gives me all of the gluten symptoms - not necessarily pure rice always - and not necessarily corn, but sometimes yes to both of them. And virtually always to nuts, even though nuts were fine at first.

Thanks for the feedback. Trying to stay clear of rice and corn makes a gluten-free life really strict. It's worth it though, because when I am clean for a week, I feel 20 years younger. That is something I thought was gone forever.

Ron

Ron,

Same for me. I can't tolerate rice either. The enrichment is adhered to the rice with a spray of corn starch. Corn is everywhere.

I agree, it is harder and takes a lot of planning. I have been at this 3 years. At first, I could eat all of the gluten free packaged foods. Now, I have to stick with meat, fruit and veg only or I get sick. I have become a super sensitive.

I am glad that you are feeling better!

Hi Ron,

I usually get pain on my left side, lower left of the belly button. other people get it on the right side though, and it may be related to the gall bladder. Take a look at the linked page it has a picture of people guts and stuff (illustration, not a photo). There are quite a few threads on here about people having gall bladder problems. Anyway, I don''t know what it is is, but the picture may help localize it. Just because it might be a gallbladder issue don't mean your gall bladder should come out though. It could get better all by itself on a gluten-free diet.

Kimball's Biology Pages - The Human Gastrointestinal (GI) Tract

• Upvote 1