123glldd

Candles, Scents, Incense Etc

Rate this topic

Do I have to worry about anything like this around the house? scented candles, oils, incense? Incense sticks especially worry me but they turn to ash so...and our family loves Yankee candle. I don't seem to be allergic to the smells or anything I don't have issue with that i'm simply talking GLUTEN in these things. Thanks.

If you are wondering, you may want to put them away for a while and then bring them back out. An air tight bin perhaps could contain their smells. As for me I stay away from the candle aisle at stores. I however, do tolerate essential oils. I do not tolerate perfume oils. I hope this will help and that you can enjoy your pretty smells.

Diana

Eh, i'm pretty much allergic to all things smelly (chemical wise so candles would be in this) so i avoid them at all costs.

I hope not! I use candles and incense from time to time. But I'm not healing very well either. Never thought that could be a concern.

If you react to them, don't use them. But there is no evidence that I have ever seen that vapor (the gaseous state of matter) can ever contain gluten. The molecules are too large and heavy to vaporize at temperatures that we can survive.

Gluten in charcoal briquettes is a concern, since smoke is particulate (solid) matter. That said, if you see "smoke" in an ingredient list, it is from burning wood, not wheat.

Thank you for your replies. no i'm not having any reactions but I was just curious as we have them. Don't seem to bother me. Was curious if these things would contain gluten though.