guest134

Endoscopy Set For The 21St Of December!

Rate this topic

Great news, not going to have to wait until April to find out what the heck is going on with me. Kind of sucks that it is so close to Christmas and during the holidays but I will take that over waiting.

Looking for a bit a comfort to make me feel it won't be so bad :(. My friend made it sound to be awful, saying you will just be choking on vomit as your body tries to reject the foreign object during the entire procedure.

Um, what? lol

I have no memory of mine. They knocked me out completely. I remember being rolled in there, getting the bit thing put in my mouth, being dizzy, then i was out like a light. A small sore throat but nothing more than that.

• Upvote 1

Try not to worry about the test. Most just go to sleep and wake up and don't remember a thing. There are even folks on the board who have had the procedure done with no sedation and were fine. Make sure if the test is to diagnose celiac that you continue to eat gluten until the test is done.

I had no sedation and was fine :)

The event was far less scary than the wait.

You may be a bit spacy after, take someone to bring you home.

I've never had one but was there for my husband's and daughter's . . . neither remember anything and both were pretty loopy for a bit afterwards. No problems with eating afterwards. If I remember correctly, both of them just came home and napped. Next day was totally back to normal.

I'm glad you don't have to wait until April.