stefb

Eye Lid Swelling And Bad Skin

Rate this topic

Hello,

I am new to the site and have recently been diag as gluten intolerant/ or allergic. I have many questions but would like to know if anyone has these symptoms and when the went away after they went gluten free.

I get terrible eyelid upper and lower swelling after consuming gluten when I wake up . There is also this stringy goop that comes out of them constantly. The swelling will subside somewhat but never fully. Does anyone have this or had it happen to them and if so, how long does it take to go away once gluten is omitted from diet.

Second is constant bad skin. I'm 40 and I have constant clogged pores/ acne on face chest and back. Is this also a reaction to the gluten? Just seems like no matter what I do to keep the skin clean, its always like that.

I have just started to be gluten free and I hope these two things will go away once and for all!

Thanks so much

Just to let you know - gluten intolerant, wheat allergy and Celiac are 3 different things. Celiac disease does have a skin manifestation called DH b-Dermatitis Herpetiformis.

It could be that you're suffering from nutritional deficiencies (if you, in fact, have celiac disease). Also, swelling of the eyelids and skin problems can be due to a staph infection. You might ask your doctor to test you for staph, just in cace.

another thing to check on is eye rosacea & skin rosacea.... Something we have found to help with acne is a skin cleasner from Nutribiotic, it has helped many with acne (Original formula.)..We buy through the Vitamin Shoppe....

Your eyes & skin may clear up once you have detoxed your body by getting rid of the gluten. This is a process & does take time .....

Have you checked your thyroid? Not just a TSH a total thyroid panel ie: total T-3

Free T-3 FreeT-4, reverse T-3, TSH & a glucose, A1C, metabiolic panel , B-12 & vit D3 for starters...

Remember to check for cross contact with gluten. ie : toaster, wooden & plastic utensils, colander, hand mixer,scratched pots & pans...these are just a few items that can harbor gluten....

Digestive enzymes & probiotics .are very helpful with digestion....