Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SeekingSarah

Lab Results Back But I Can Barely Read Them =(

The results are scanned into the patient portal but the type is so small and opening up in a new page and zooming is just blurry.

I can read Results do not support a dx of Celiac.

I think these are the readings:

0.4 IgG

1.3 IgA

1.0 TTG IGA

Negative EMA

Total Serum IgG 470

Thats the best I can make out....I can't see the ranges worth a crap...frustrating.

I still have the skin issue I can go see if a dermatologist can do a correct biopsy of....

GI said he'd be willing to do an endo but not sure he will if the blood work says no Celiac. Doesn't mean I won't go off to Glueten to see how I do knowing it could still be intolerance. 

Hmmm, yeah you need to see the ranges to know what those numbers mean. I hope you get some answers soon!

My strongest, best answers came from going gluten free, so as you say, that may be your best option if you can't get the endo.

Having the results and not being able to read them WOULD be frustrating! Hmmm, ttg tests usually have a range of 0-20 (but not always) so i would guess that one is negative. EMA is a titre, meaning they keep diluting it until they can't find the autoantibodies. I think a positive is 1:10 or 1:20, but I'm not sure... These are all just my guesses. I have no idea what the IgA or IgG is referring too.

Good luck. I hope you find out what it all means soon.

I even tried to pull up on my boyfriends huge screen but its same resolution, once I'm home I will try to print it and see if its more legible. It's a can into their system since they sent the blood out for the celiac panel. If I'm making it out verses the ranges two are borderline. Like the 1.0 is where the reference starts...so I'm right there.

Can't you call them and ask them to send them to you?  I can't help you with interpretation of what you've written, but I'd be going cuckoo if there were results and I couldn't read them! Aaaack!

GRRRRRRRRRRRrr....printing the page just prints it out in same 1/4 page scanned image. Going to call and ask for them, I'm sure they'll just say "oh the results state result not indicative of Celiac diagnosis"...that's it. 

Questions: Should I push for endoscopy biopsy next or see a dermatologist for skin biopsy of rash for possible DH...or both?

I would insist on readable lab results!  Whether positive or not.

People with DH often don't have a positive blood test.

http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/archives/faq/what-is-dermatitis-herpetiformis-dh

If you continue to eat gluten, you could have the DH biopsied and that would be your confirmation of Celiac.  Just make sure the Derm knows to biopsy mext to the active "spot".  

http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/archives/faq/can-a-skin-biopsy-for-dermatitis-herpetiformis-dh-confirm-celiac-disease-or-is-an-endoscopy-still-needed

Ok had the idea to look up testing lab and compare the ranges there...and from I can make out on the scan this is it.

Deamidated gliadin peptide antibody IgG ELISA: <4.9 EU/mL Mine: 0.6
Deamidated gliadin peptide antibody IgA ELISA: <6.1 EU/mL  Mine: 1.3
Anti-human tTG IgA ELISA: <10.3 U/mL Mine : 1.0
Anti-endomysial IgA IFA: Negative Negative 
Total serum IgA: < 3 years: 8-220 mg/dL; 3-13 years: 41-395 mg/dL; >13 years: 44-441 mg/dL Mine: 470 (or 410 ugh can't make it out clear enough to be confident)

Hospital said I need to go in person and get results with ID, and they are 45 min away so haven't made a special trip. See GI again on 29th.

So from what I read the Total Serum number doesn't really matter if it's 410 or 470, as either would just indicate there was enough of it in my system to make the other tests accurate. Did I get that correct?