Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest myjade_84

Is Celiac The Same As Candidiasis?

Guest myjade_84

I think i have candidiasis but at the same time, i think this is celiac disease. I have been to a lot of doctors and they all say i am fine but i know im not okay. There are times when i eat bread, i get stomach ache and then i get itchy. I went to an allergologist and he said it can be an allergy. But i am doubting his diagnosis since i also have other symptoms like body tingling, frequent urination and i even have a cyst on my right ovary. I don't want to go to doctors anymore since they are just wasting my money. So i'm doing research on my own and i found this forum. I hope i can find some answers here and i also want to help out to those who have this illness.

Some of the symptoms are similar...if you suspect....get tested and that does involve a doctor.  You want a full celiac antibody test:

Total Serum IgA

tTG - both IgA and IgG

EMA - IgA

DGP - both IgA and IgG

Good Luck to you :)

Actually, in the US (I assume other countries, too) you can order labs directly from a lab, online. Google it for a lab company near you. LabCorp is available from online labs. No doctor required.

True...should have said "that generally involves a doctor" -- if using medical insurance.  You can indeed order them directly from the lab -- we have done this to obtain follow up blood work on my sons.