This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

1 Month :)

w8in4dave

w8in4dave Community Regular

One month yesterday!! (I just looked it up!) And I feel so much better!! Not 100% but so much better!! I still wake up with leg cramps, but I am NOT running to the restroom all the time and I have more energy, altho I do feel really tired during the middle of the day, like I want to take a nap. In fact I did the other day!! I have NEVER been a napper before.I feel better after the nap. Other than that and a lil constipation I am doing great!! I want to get on some Probiotics , still am going to see the Gastro guy on the 6th. Not sure why at this point but will talk to him. Thank you all for the great support!! I love this place!! :) I am amazed at myself!! I also will go back to the Dr, Because I still have a rash on my back, losing hair and my toe nails and also the white tongue thing. But feeling better is wonderful!! :) 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GottaSki Mentor

Party?

Hell Yes!

One Month with all that improvement....NICE :)

I am so pleased you are improving quickly....you are awesome...hang tough!

shadowicewolf Proficient

Yay!

dani nero Community Regular

Congratulations. Keep up with the high spirit, and don't get discouraged if some days feel harder again. Healing is through a curve just like learning.

Thanks !! Yes I am amazed I feel so much better!!! It is such a load off me knowing what my problem is. Now I can go out and eat and not have horrible pains and stuff , I am amazed!! Now I will get to my other issues when I see the Dr. Next week. At least I feel better! I may not be 100% healthy but I feel soooooo much better!! Even my friends can tell the difference! I cannot w8 to talk to my Dr. I have not seen him since I was Dx'd ... His office called and told me, so I have not talked to him about it as of yet .... 

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

This is fantastic news:)

Great to hear you are getting improvement so quickly.

Your positive attitude on the board in the last few weeks has been lovely, I am sure you will continue to improve

Mw x

BZBee Apprentice

Woo Hoo!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Thanks everyone! I am so very happy to be here!! I have learned so very much!! Thanks!!

cyclinglady Grand Master

Congrats!  It is great to be feeling better!

GottaSki Mentor

skidding in late.............been a zombie for a bit there.............congratulations on your one month!  Also add you have been a wonderful fun additional to the board and I am glad you are here and beyond happy to know you are improving quickly!

Hip Hip Hooray for You :)

MissyBB Explorer

I am so glad you are feeling better. Isn't it wonderful to feel GREAT?!  :D

notme Experienced

great news!  congratulations!  :D

Well Thanks e1 :) But sadly now I think I am having a set back! I have had some big "D" problems the last few days!! Like horrible! I am trying to figure out what the problem is!! I am thinking it may be Dairy ??? I just don't know... I have an appt with the GI Dr. The 6th. Hoping to get to a nutritionist , or dietitian or someone to help me.... I have lost 25 lbs in the last month ... But I am still feeling better, I am hoping I get more answers from Dr's ... But until then I will be very careful of what I eat. To tell you the truth, I am afraid to eat anything when I am out. I go to restaurants with my friends and don't order anything. Came home from a Vaca 9 1/2 hr drive and didn't eat anything . This is the same thing I was doing before I was DX'd ... when I am out I won't eat anything. I am supposed to go to  Mackinac Island with a couple of friends for 3 days. I am going to be afraid to eat anything... Not really sure If I should go or not. It is payed for. Maybe talking to the Doc will help. Here I was doing so well!! Just don't know!! I did buy some probiotics today from The Whole Food Store .... :) Trying everything I can :) Thanks for all the support!! :) 

• 4 weeks later...

Well It has been 2 months :) Yay for me!! My set back was from a restaurant I ate from  :( , But I went to Mackinac Island and there was a Pizza place that had Gluten Free pizza!! It was my first time with Gluten free Pizza!! I loved it!! They said they were very careful about how they cooked it and utensils they used. I had no problem!! :) We went back the next night I had a burger with no bun and a salad. I was going to see if the cook could microwave me a tater but all their potatoes came in frozen. I wasn't going to risk that contamination so I got a side salad. So 2 months in I am doing pretty good!! 

I am still suffering from exhaustion tho, I feel like I have worked for a week straight! Hard labor and I am exhausted! Altho I don't work! I hope that gets better soon. Seems I have my good days and bad days. Just try and plug along!! Maby it is from my trip?

Archived