Rate this topic

Not sure what I have so I can't tell you but I get night sweats and migraines in the morning along with weakness in my legs and overall tired / weak feeling. I tend to stay up till 12am-1am (insomnia since stomach is bloated / grumbling) and wake up tired and weak (not getting good sleep, walking up in the middle of the night due to sweats). 

My eyes burn like fire and water like a faucet in the AM I also have 0 energy in the AM. I think it is getting better but so S l o w l y !

Not sure what I have so I can't tell you but I get night sweats and migraines in the morning along with weakness in my legs and overall tired / weak feeling. I tend to stay up till 12am-1am (insomnia since stomach is bloated / grumbling) and wake up tired and weak (not getting good sleep, walking up in the middle of the night due to sweats). 

i had the worst night sweats from withdrawal - like, change clothes several times per night and sometimes soaked through, so, change sheets....  alien, are you on gluten or off gluten at this point?  

i still feel my 'ickiest' in the morning but it's nothing compared to how icky i used to feel!  hang in there, it gets better :)  i have been stretching in the mornings to get everything moving and it seems to help.  if i want to do any kind of strenuous stuff, i'm better off waiting until afternoon.  

So can the not so good feeling first thing be a symptom of  celiac

Not necessarily.  It can be sign of another illness.  Everyone's celiac disease symptoms vary (there's over 300 hundred of them!) and not everyone gets symptoms!

Have you asked your doctor for celiac disease blood testing?  Other blood work to rule out anemia, vitamin deficiencies? Tracked your food to determine what may set off your GERD symptoms (e.g. citrus, tomato, chocolate, fatty foods, garlic and onions)?  If you're on the gluten-free diet it can take months to years to feel better.  

Remember, you have to be eating gluten for months in order to do a celiac disease test.  

Good luck!  Hope you're feeling better soon.

i had the worst night sweats from withdrawal - like, change clothes several times per night and sometimes soaked through, so, change sheets....  alien, are you on gluten or off gluten at this point?  

i still feel my 'ickiest' in the morning but it's nothing compared to how icky i used to feel!  hang in there, it gets better :)  i have been stretching in the mornings to get everything moving and it seems to help.  if i want to do any kind of strenuous stuff, i'm better off waiting until afternoon.  

I am still on gluten and very heavy at that. I don't diet per say or restrict myself. I have slowly been cutting back on gluten last 3-4 days but these symptoms have been going on for atleast 3-4 months like sweating, weakness and stuff. I try to stay away from gluten in the morning these last few days but after exposing my self to gluten in the lunch time I can tell a difference like bloating, grumbling, brain fog, nerves tingling and gas. Dinner I am typically exposed as well and have a hard time staying away from gluten. Either my thyroid is on the fritz or I have food allergy to something.

We had a discussion some years ago abut night sweats.

Night sweats
http://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/topic/7242-night-sweats/?hl=%20night%20%20sweat

You can find more threads on the subject by searching for "low level fever".

The immune system is supposed to be more active at night, which could explain the night sweats in celiacs.  Celiac disease is an auto-immune disease.

So can the not so good feeling first thing be a symptom of  celiac

Not feeling well in the morning in itself is not a symptom of celiac disease.  If for additional reasons you suspect you might have Celiac Disease you should pursue testing with a doctor. 

All the best.

Colleen