JohanJohan

Cross Reactivity Test In Europe?

Rate this topic

What.. Everyone was talking so good about them last year including Robb wolf. And now everyone seems to say its s$#&.

Ok, for someone that seems to be feeling crushed by everything they eat and can't find any patterns with an elimination diet - what tests do you recommend?

We do not really recommend tests on here. Well, some people do, but you should be made aware that the celiac panel is the only diagnostic tool for celiac, according to the celiac research centers.

It is my understanding that there are no valid tests for gluten sensitivity (yet) or IgG4 food intolerances.

A monitored elimination diet is the only way to figure out food intolerances. Even allergy testing (totally different from food intolerances)

are notoriously unreliable.

As much as I like some of the the things Robb Wolf has written, I do not know why he would recommend tests that have not been validated.

Sorry.  :(

screening tests:

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/69/3/354.full

What.. Everyone was talking so good about them last year including Robb wolf. And now everyone seems to say its s$#&.

Ok, for someone that seems to be feeling crushed by everything they eat and can't find any patterns with an elimination diet - what tests do you recommend?

I would start with the basics. Double and triple check that you are not getting CC'd. Reread the Newbie 101 thread, including all of the links provided. Then, once you are sure there is no gluten sneaking into your diet, strip down your diet to a few essentials - meat, rice, a few veggies. Once you are feeling OK eating this very limited diet, try adding something like nuts. If those work try adding potatoes. Then maybe a different veggie. Keep adding things one week at a time. If something makes you sick, take a couple of weeks off from adding things until you're feeling better.

It seems to take forever, but it's the only truly reliable way to figure it out.

Thanks for the advice bartfull. I have tried that. Been on the paleo autoimmune protocol for 10 months now. Strict. Eating out less than ten times. Only whole foods. Live alone. There is no way I'm getting cc except maybe from toothpaste, Colgate, or body wash, axe.

There's a a chronic inflammation in my stomach that seems to go down temporarily only when I:

1. Fast for 24 h

Or

2. Drink a bucketload of anti inflammatory liquid like homemade ginger or turmeric tea. Fish soup from small fat fish helped too but then my stomach seemed to decide I was intolerant to that too hehe

But I'm getting better slowly so hope is there for sure. I was a mess ten months ago..

I've read soo much. And it's just an overload. Igg, ige, igff, intolerant, allergic, test works, test is bulls$#&, false positive, positive false.. :)

What I would do is eat only very simple diet of a few produce items and one kind of unprocessed meat with no added spices, alcohol, juices supplements etc.  Keep track of everything in a food/symptom journal.  Keep track of not only the items eaten, but where they were purchased in case that might make a difference in terms of cross contamination.  Hopefully that will allow you to figure out what is going on and then you can add things to the diet gradually at the rate of around one per week.

I am highly reactive and that is how I managed to find a diet that works for me.