Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

GFAnnie

Chili Powder? Mccormick, Yes Or No

Rate this topic

I was hoping to make chili this weekend and it suddenly hit me that I have no idea if my chili powder is safe or not.  I keep hearing that McCormick is okay but then it's not a "single ingredient" spice.  So I googled it and found this:

http://glutenfreegirl.com/2011/07/why-we-have-been-using-mccormick-gourmet-spices/

I guess this means McCormick Chili Powder is out?  Any suggestions for alternatives?

I use this brand all the time! I guess I am wondering why you think the Chili powder is out? The link you supplied also supports it as safe.... 

Its different types of chili but if you go for the gourmet brand.. chilis is all you are getting.

Yup it took me a while to figure out the spices were not gluten-free , I thought if it was no fillers it was gluten free, not the case! It can be made in a glutenised factory or packaged and CC'd ... I use McCormics now :) Or I buy fresh and dehydrate myself some onion powder some Garlic powder , some basil You can make your own Chili powder also It's fun to do and very rewarding.