Rate this topic

Has anyone experienced this? I was diagnosed GI so far and I have had left side pain for about 2 months. It gets worse and better some days. It radiates to my back too. It's only on left side and pain is generally located just below left rib cage. Any ideas??? I have had multiple tests and no answers why. I have a friend who is also GI and she said she had this but hers went away. I have only been gluten-free for about a month. Started dairy free late last week. Thanks!

Hard to say for sure. What sort of testing did you have? 

Did you have an ultrasoud, CT...ect?

The reason why I ask is because there are a lot of different things that can cause abdominal pain. Sometimes the issue is on the right but you have pain on the left. Sometimes pain on the left can be colon issues, pancreatic issues or any number of other issues. 

If you are having persistent pain you probably need to have an ultrasound/CT done to rule out somethings. 

I have had a CT done, all normal. Only revealed diverticulosis. (Not diverticulitis). I had a pelvic exam, all normal. I had a colonoscopy, all normal. I even had a scan done of my ureters, bladder and kidneys... All normal!! I am at a loss and the doctors tell me they are too!

Were you tested for parasites?  Otherwise there is really no way to tell whats wrong.  I would go back to the Doctor.

Colleen

Based on your previous posts, You were just tested for celiac disease in the middle of March. It was positive, right? Now, you are waiting for the endoscopy, etc.? You have been gluten-free for four weeks? Dairy free for one week? If all this is true, it will takes months or years to heal.

Based on your previous posts, You were just tested for celiac disease in the middle of March. It was positive, right? Now, you are waiting for the endoscopy, etc.? You have been gluten-free for four weeks? Dairy free for one week? If all this is true, it will takes months or years to heal.

thanks so much.

Left side pain or a rock feeling (even swelling) occurred and still occurs if I accidentally eat gluten. My only symptom was anemia, but I had to wait seven weeks for my endoscopy. I ate a loaf of bread a day, along with cakes and cookies until then, and then I got that "rock like" feeling, pain that felt like pinching, etc. I felt better six weeks into the gluten-free diet, but everyone heals at a different rate. Total recovery about a year.

I would not recommend binging on gluten between tests. But I believe you should continue to eat moderate amounts until all testing is complete.

Lay off all dairy for six months until you are healed.