Adalaide

Awesome Service Experience

Rate this topic

Yesterday was a day from hell for me. I spent hours on the phone dealing with insurance and social security disability crap. Plus I got stepped on, on my bad foot, by a kid in the social security office and spent the rest of the day feeling like my foot was broken and a step away from tears. And yet, the errands needed to be done, scripts picked up, etc... so I did what needed to be done before going home and collapsing into a useless heap in bed. 

But I made my last stop on the way home the grocery store for some things for dinner and necessities. I was making chili last night and was out of corn meal and wanted corn bread. The store didn't have any Bob's (or any other gluten-free brand) so I checked the regular brands on the shelf out of desperation/curiosity and none were labeled gluten-free. I was about to walk away but thought hell, I'll call on the store brand one because WHY NOT! It was late in the day so I wasn't even sure I'd get a person on the phone but I did. He was super friendly, mentioned someone had asked earlier about the white corn meal and it listed gluten but checked on the yellow and it did too. Then he was all, but it shouldn't, that's stupid, it has no ingredients that should have gluten. I told him that maybe it's a manufacturing thing. He said that when that's the case it almost always said "may contain" not that it does have it. Then he shocked me right down to my toes. He said, maybe it has corn gluten and that wouldn't be a problem would it? He could check with their nutritionist on what's up with the product to see if it's safe and what's up with why it's labeled like that.  :blink:

I couldn't believe some random dude on the phone just said that to me! I waited patiently, but their nutritionists had all gone home for the day. I'll get an email or a call back about it soon. I told him I couldn't believe how helpful he was and how amazing he was. I was so grateful. He told me he has a friend who has RA whose doctor told them to try being gluten-free and it changed their life so knowing all about it is super important to him. I actually teared up a little. 

More of us need friends like him. And more customer service people need to be as knowledgeable as him. He really made my day from hell just a little better, even if I didn't end up with cornbread with my dinner.  :wub:

that is really awesome, addy :)  it's funny, how having somebody understand what you're talking about, can really make your day!  most of the time, when someone asks me to go into details about what i'm looking for, i just say "forget it"