31third

Celiac Or Something Else?

Rate this topic

I'm 28 and my health has been rough over the last eight months. I've had my thyroid tested, been to the allergy doctor, and have had a stress test. According to the doctors everything is normal. Over the last months my symptoms have worsened.

the biggest issue I am having is that my body does not want me to have a bowel moment. I can feel it in my upper abdomen and my food takes forever to digest.

all of a sudden wheat based products make me more bloated than normal. Dairy products do this as well.

I have some sort of reflux and heartburn now.

dizziness, and energy no matter how much I sleep has been an issue.

I'm sure I'm missing things and I will be seeing a gastrointestinal doctor soon but life has been somewhat miserable with everything that is going on health wise. Im not sure if I have celiac disease but do any of these symptoms sound familiar or am I possibly looking at some other ailment?

thanks

Here is a link to the. University of Chicago's celiac website. It contains the blood test requirements and a list of symptoms that you can share with your doctors. Do not stop eating gluten until all testing is complete.

http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/medical-professionals/guide/factsheets

I hope this helps!

Here is a link to the. University of Chicago's celiac website. It contains the blood test requirements and a list of symptoms that you can share with your doctors. Do not stop eating gluten until all testing is complete.

http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/medical-professionals/guide/factsheets

I hope this helps!

thanks. I haven't stopped eating gluten completely but I only eat it in small portions a few days a week probably.

I wanted to add something else as the gluten testing thing is up in the air and I may not get it done.

When I get hungry my vision gets a little blurry. I may get a little dizzy sometimes and my energy level drops down considerably where I feel like I should sit down. I have to get more often now as well.

My legs feel like they want to get charlie horses at night and have different pains that radiant from the thigh to the foot. I just feel weak more often in general. My arms feel like they can not lift small things and my grip is not as tight .

I have been the ER and have had thyroid tests done, (which hasn't been completely ruled out) stress test, and all my supposed blood work comes back normal. Even my gums feel soft at times!

My anxiety level has skyrocketed and I think I've become a hypocondriac as each time I get symptoms I just think the worse. Even my sternum is sensitive to the touch and is sore half the day.

I wanted to add something else as the gluten testing thing is up in the air and I may not get it done.

When I get hungry my vision gets a little blurry. I may get a little dizzy sometimes and my energy level drops down considerably where I feel like I should sit down. I have to get more often now as well.

My legs feel like they want to get charlie horses at night and have different pains that radiant from the thigh to the foot. I just feel weak more often in general. My arms feel like they can not lift small things and my grip is not as tight .

I have been the ER and have had thyroid tests done, (which hasn't been completely ruled out) stress test, and all my supposed blood work comes back normal. Even my gums feel soft at times!

My anxiety level has skyrocketed and I think I've become a hypocondriac as each time I get symptoms I just think the worse. Even my sternum is sensitive to the touch and is sore half the day.

These are all symptoms many of us have experienced.

Just get the testing done that cycling lady has linked to for you...and see what's going on.