Georgia_guy

I Think I Made The Watch List...

Rate this topic

So I went to Kroger to do some grocery shopping, and saw they had their store brand Gluten Free pasta in sale (only 20 cents off, but it adds up!). I grabbed 15 of them, finished shopping, and when I paid, I still had more money left in my grocery budget....so I bought the last 7 on the shelf. And since I'm a cheap person would do, I went back inside to customer service and got a rain check for the sale price since they were out on the shelf.

Thanks a lot....... I promised my baby boy pasta for dinner and the Kroger was all out. :(

Lol - just joking with you! But... You know the pasta sauce for all those will cost you $44?

LOL!  That was sneaky to go back and get a rain check.  However, I would do the same thing.  gluten-free stuff on sale?  Heck yeah!

One of the best sauces is a pat of butter, some starchy pasta water, garlic, and some Parmesan.  Especially good on flavorful veggies.

Melt some butter. Squeeze a bunch of fresh garlic into it. Saute some mushrooms into it. Put a bunch of shredded cheese on your pasta and then pour the butter/garlic/mushrooms on top. WAY better than spaghetti sauce.