Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keshavdas

3 Years Gluten Free - Constipation Returns. What Am I Missing Here?

Thought I was done with this nonsense. I don't eat much dairy and try to limit my use of stuff like Rudi's gluten free products. I eat brown rice pasta once a week. So... I know others must have experienced this. Any and all suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Keshav

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Yep, thyroid issues definitely need to be ruled out.  Other things that can add up to that are dehydration (try to drink more water) and medications (OTC and RX).  Either way, if you can't figure out what is causing it, and diet tweaks don't help, it is a good idea to go get checked out by a doctor for things they can detect like the thyroid stuff.

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)

I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

Think about ANYTHING that isn't gluten-free certified that you are eating.  I had something similar happen to me recently, and it manifested as joint stiffness. After scratching my head because I didn't think there was any hidden gluten on a whim I decided to stop using some spices I had for about a week, and the stiffness went away, and hasn't returned.  They are simple single ingredient spices like garlic, cumin, onion powder, etc. But they were obviously cross contaminated.

Hope you figure it out.  Look at everything, even if you think it's safe!

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter