Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I remember at one point I remember searching on this site urticaria as a reaction to cold and seeing that a few celiac patients seemed to be experiencing this.

I was just curious who deals with urticaria here and what seems to trigger it for you...cold? Heat? Stress? A certain food? Did it start for you before or after your celiac disease diagnosis?

Just thought it would be interesting to see what others experience.

~Julie

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I had cold urticaria, at least for the first 50 years of my life.  I would get swelling, hives, big/huge wheals on my skin from exposure to cold water, air, snow, etc.  Had it since I was a kid.  Had issues with skiing.  My feet would swell and I would be stuck in my boots for at least a half hour.  Touch snow and my hands would instantly swell, then get hives and itch.   Itchy wheals across my stomach when I swam in the ocean.  They were actually everywhere and it was embarrassing!  All would resolve when I warmed up.  I live in a warm climate, so I have managed.  

I used to entertain family by rubbing an ice cube on my leg.  Sure enough, the swelling, wheals and hives would appear.  But I tried it a few months ago and nothing!  I know my other allergies have greatly been reduced.  I have survived an early pollen season and still doing well.  Just have taken a few antihistamines everyone once in a while (it is windy and hot today, so I took one during to itchy eyes, mouth, etc. from being outside.  Mold typically gets me and the hot winds scatter mold spores everywhere.)

Bottom line is that I my allergies have greatly diminished.  I think it's from healing from celiac disease!  

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter