Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pikkulintu

Finally, A Doc Who Is Willing To Test!

Had an appointment with my doc this morning for an unrelated issue. Mentioned to her that the rash that I've had for approx 2 months and had shown her a week prior (which I believe is DH) has spread and gotten worse. I wanted to ask for a celiac blood panel test and was fully prepared to fight for it as from what I've read, doctors can be somewhat reluctant to test.

To my suprise, after asking me a few questions, she recommended I be screened for celiac without me even asking! Finally! This was the third doctor I had showed this rash to and the first who asked if I had ever been diagnosed with a wheat allergy after looking at it. She's given me a referral for a dermatologist who she said would take a biopsy and hopefully provide some answers. Find out the blood test results in a few days or so and dermo appointment is in a week.

First hurdle in getting a blood test is done! Now to tackle the biopsy and hope it's done correctly.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Yippee!   :D

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

GREAT......  just make  sure  they understand  how  to do  the  correct   biopsy.....clean  skin next to a  fresh lesion.....Glad  things  are  brighter  with  finding  a  doc....

Join eNewsletter

Do NOT stop eating gluten until ALL testing is done & you have the results in your hot little hands okay? That includes the dh biopsy. Find out if the GI will want to do an endoscopy -- if they will want to do that then you have to STAY ON gluten until that's done.

Just FYI, 60% of those with dh test negative on the blood panel & have fewer positives on the endoscopy. Make SURE the GI takes 6 biopsies on an endoscopy not just 2 or 3 or 4.

Gluten free Dec. 2011
Dermatitis Herpetiformis

Reynaud's October 2018

Rheumatoid Arthritis October 2018

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter

• Popular Now

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17-m):