Celiac Disease FAQ | This site uses cookies GDPR notice. Read more... ×
1 1
Rosemilyd

Help reading blood work celiac panel!!!

Rate this topic

Could someone please help interpret my husbands bloodwork the doctor says it suggests celiac. And the doc thinks he does have celiac deliseas. He also has the symptoms! I believe he has celiac, we have just been told wrong in the past that we are kind uneasy when it comes to doctors... He's been gluten  free since having the test done. It's been 2 weeks and he's feeling some better! Thanks!

Ttg iga- 1 -normal equal or more than 4

Ttg igg- 8 -normal less than 6 they said 

Immunoglobulin- 50 normal 80 

greater or equal to 4 anti bodies  

* sorry I know it's kinda scattered I was jotting down quickly as the nurse was talking over the phone and I'm having trouble putting it together thank u!! *

1 hour ago, Rosemilyd said:

Could someone please help interpret my husbands bloodwork the doctor says it suggests celiac. And the doc thinks he does have celiac deliseas. He also has the symptoms! I believe he has celiac, we have just been told wrong in the past that we are kind uneasy when it comes to doctors... He's been gluten  free since having the test done. It's been 2 weeks and he's feeling some better! Thanks!

iga- 1

igg- 8 normal less than 6 they said 

Immunoglobulin- 50 normal 80 

greater or equal to 4 anti bodies  

* sorry I know it's kinda scattered I was jotting down quickly as the nurse was talking over the phone and I'm having trouble putting it together thank u!! *

Welcome to the forum.  Well, you really need to get a hold of the test results.  I can not tell which celiac test was given (TTG or DGP) and the lab ranges are not clear.  What I can tell you that if he has a positive on any of the celiac tests, he should be referred to a Gastroenterologist and he should be on a gluten diet.  All celiac testing (blood and intestinal biopsies) require a patient to be on a daily diet of gluten.  In as little as two weeks, testing results can be negative if the patient is gluten free.  

Symptoms for celiac disease tend to overlap with other autoimmune issues, so testing is required for a diagnosis.  

I encourage you to learn more about celiac disease testing here:

http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/screening/

Edited by cyclinglady

It's TTG testing and he was eating gluten during testing. He has been  gluten free since then and feeling better