This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Allimax and oregano oil

Daphne do

Daphne do Collaborator

I have bacteria in my intestines and a lady told me she got ride of that by taking allimax and oregano oil is this true ? I didn't understand what she was saying and now she won't answer any more of questions I'm feeling very sorry for myself and can't stop crying I lost 40lbs since June I'm never getting better I cut out so much food I need the bacteria to go away to heal my leaky gut that celiacs cause my boyfriend is gonna leave me I have no money and no friends I'm in this all alone I'm never getting better

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

What bad bacteria do you have in Your intestines?  Sounds like a scammer to me.  

if you’re doctor actually diagnosed with something, he will prescribe medication.  But we are supposed to have bacteria in our intestines.

Daphne do Collaborator

I don't remember exactly what they said I went to the wellness center and they said I have bacteria infection and need to cut out sugar and eat organic the regular Drs say eat fruits and vegetables I'm not getting better I'm always sick tired depressed I have got accidentally gluten almost every two weeks slowly figuring that out but I must have leaky gut and bacterial infection because of the way I feel I can't eat anything

cyclinglady Grand Master

I do not take any supplements that my doctor has not recommended.   I would never personally take that Allimax.  I have a garlic intolerance.  That stuff would make me sick!

I think you need to see your GI.  He or she can rule out things like SIBO (you should have bacteria in your large intestine, but not your small).  Maybe see a dietician who can help you avoid gluten.  Your doctor can refer you to a dietician.  Leaky gut is common with celiacs.  

Like Karen said, we have all kinds of bacteria (good and bad) that reside in our gut.  Your body does a good job of keeping the balance unless you do something (like take an antibiotic) that could upset that balance.  Consume more fermented foods if you want.  I eat yogurt, sauerkraut, etc.  

If you just had a gluten exposure (or keep getting exposed), You need to figure out what is going on and how to prevent it. 

Was lupus firmly ruled out?  I can not recall.  Lupus can affect your gut too.  

Edited by cyclinglady
Ennis-TX Grand Master

Sounds like something to treat SIBO (Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth) or Candida. There are test for those you can have done to confirm before taking anything. The oils and the garlic pills are commonly used in conjunction with a no sugar low carb diet to kill off the over growth.
In the case of having a bad strain of bacteria this would show up in a stool culture test or in a fecal sample test.

kareng Grand Master
1 hour ago, Daphne do said:

I don't remember exactly what they said I went to the wellness center and they said I have bacteria infection and need to cut out sugar and eat organic the regular Drs say eat fruits and vegetables I'm not getting better I'm always sick tired depressed I have got accidentally gluten almost every two weeks slowly figuring that out but I must have leaky gut and bacterial infection because of the way I feel I can't eat anything

First - I doubt a real doctor would say that eating organic would cure a bacterial infection.  Organic fruit has as much sugar as regular fruit.

second - if I was told I had an intestinal infection, I would have them write it down along with the specifics of the medications, when to return , when to go to the ER, etc.  No doctor would send you home like that.  

I am sorry, but I think you have been scammed.   Please try to see a GI like Cyles recommended.  I am not doubting there is something wrong, 

Daphne do Collaborator
2 hours ago, cyclinglady said:

I do not take any supplements that my doctor has not recommended.   I would never personally take that Allimax.  I have a garlic intolerance.  That stuff would make me sick!

I think you need to see your GI.  He or she can rule out things like SIBO (you should have bacteria in your large intestine, but not your small).  Maybe see a dietician who can help you avoid gluten.  Your doctor can refer you to a dietician.  Leaky gut is common with celiacs.  

Like Karen said, we have all kinds of bacteria (good and bad) that reside in our gut.  Your body does a good job of keeping the balance unless you do something (like take an antibiotic) that could upset that balance.  Consume more fermented foods if you want.  I eat yogurt, sauerkraut, etc.  

If you just had a gluten exposure (or keep getting exposed), You need to figure out what is going on and how to prevent it. 

Was lupus firmly ruled out?  I can not recall.  Lupus can affect your gut too.  

It's a good thing I posted this and you replyed I'm allergic to garlic I didn't know allimax was garlic and no lupus is not ruled out they recommend I go to Green Bay to a rheumatologist to get tested because in my area there's no rheumatologist taking new patients so it's another 375$ just to ask to be tested the test is another 500 or more can't remember but just can't afford that right now thought if I could deal with the celiacs I would have to worry about the lupus trying not to stress and that makes me stress thank you for your help 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Daphne do Collaborator

So can you see a GI Dr with out a referral from regular Dr ? I stop seeing my regular Dr because she wasn't helping she just said eat fruits and vegetables . I saw a different Dr to be tested for lupus and he said it doesn't look like I have lupus but I could go to Green Bay to see the rheumatologist . Not one of the Dr said to go to a GI 

Daphne do Collaborator
1 hour ago, Ennis_TX said:

Sounds like something to treat SIBO (Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth) or Candida. There are test for those you can have done to confirm before taking anything. The oils and the garlic pills are commonly used in conjunction with a no sugar low carb diet to kill off the over growth.
In the case of having a bad strain of bacteria this would show up in a stool culture test or in a fecal sample test.

I had that test done at the wellness center and they said I have bacteria infection I need to cut out sugar and eat organic fruits and vegetables they didn't say take any thing for it just eat right 

Ennis-TX Grand Master
1 minute ago, Daphne do said:

So can you see a GI Dr with out a referral from regular Dr ? I stop seeing my regular Dr because she wasn't helping she just said eat fruits and vegetables . I saw a different Dr to be tested for lupus and he said it doesn't look like I have lupus but I could go to Green Bay to see the rheumatologist . Not one of the Dr said to go to a GI 

Good question, with my last issue...I just called my GI and went around my normal doctor. I can say the down side to this is the GI docs take a lot more time for appointments and doing anything -_- I think you would have had to have a referral at least once to said GI doc to straight up contact them like I did.

1 minute ago, Daphne do said:

I had that test done at the wellness center and they said I have bacteria infection I need to cut out sugar and eat organic fruits and vegetables they didn't say take any thing for it just eat right 

If you can get copies of those test results it would go far, They are normally done via a breath test or stool test.

Daphne do Collaborator

So I would need to make appointment with regular Dr ask to see GI Dr get that referral and then tell the GI about the bacteria because I had the stool test done I have paperwork I showed regular Dr along with the lupus and he didn't even say anything about it or going to a GI this makes no sense its like the Dr don't want me to get better why wouldn't they say go to GI just to have second opinion they said nothing wow sorry freaking out a little btgank you douch for your help again