This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Deep Fryer

jkmunchkin

jkmunchkin Rising Star

I've been craving wings for awhile now, and I know some poeple have listed a couple of restaurants that have wings that are ok for us to eat, but none of them are really near me and I think I'd just rather make my own.

Anyone have any reccomendations for a deep fryer?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

teebs in WV Apprentice

I hear that a major fast food company has one that actually removes the gluten from food.

Sorry.....................I couldn't resist. I am such a smart @*&! :P

lovegrov Collaborator

I don't deep-fry my wings. I bake them in the oven at about 450. They take longer but they're slightly more healthy that way. And they taste great.

richard

VydorScope Proficient
I've been craving wings for awhile now, and I know some poeple have listed a couple of restaurants that have wings that are ok for us to eat, but none of them are really near me and I think I'd just rather make my own.

Anyone have any reccomendations for a deep fryer?

We have a 6qt Deep Fryer by Presto that we got at Walmart. It works perfectly and will steam veggie too, not that we ever do LOL. I did not research it, I bought it purely based on price/size and been happy with it.

pixiegirl Enthusiast

Well I was going to post this too, I am going this weekend to buy one as well in light of the McDonalds thing.. my daughter and I don't very often eat fried food but once in a while we get a hankering for fries. My best friend has a Tfal and loves it, other then that you might want to check on epinions and see if any are reviewed.

Susan

VydorScope Proficient

Foudn the one I have

Open Original Shared Link

Or at least that looks sounds just like it.

Guest nini

I have a Fry Daddy... I don't like it. No sir, not at all...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

VydorScope Proficient
I have a Fry Daddy... I don't like it. No sir, not at all...

Why not?

jkmunchkin Rising Star

Thanks guys! I'm glad to hear the feedback on the Frydaddy. I've heard from some people to get that one, and other people hate it. I think I'll pass on that one.

Anyone know anything about the Delonghi one? I know someone that got that for Christmas and likes it, but it's on the pricier side so I'd love another opinion.

Guest nini

why don't I like the Fry Daddy, first of all it's too small, second, I want one with a drop in basket, not one that I have to fish food out of with a scoop. Third, I want one that I can adjust the temperature on. This one only has one temp. And not all the recipes I have call for the same frying temperature. I don't know if there is one that you can adjust the temp. or not, but I would like that feature.

VydorScope Proficient
why don't I like the Fry Daddy, first of all it's too small, second, I want one with a drop in basket, not one that I have to fish food out of with a scoop. Third, I want one that I can adjust the temperature on. This one only has one temp. And not all the recipes I have call for the same frying temperature. I don't know if there is one that you can adjust the temp. or not, but I would like that feature.

Mine has a basket, temp adjuster and is 6 quarts. Did you look at the link I pasetd above? I would argee it be a PITB with out the basket though! Did not know them made them like that. Seems stupid.

Guest nini

I looked at that link, didn't realize that you could also fry in it...

yep, major PITB without a basket

VydorScope Proficient
I looked at that link, didn't realize that you could also fry in it...

yep, major PITB without a basket

Yea that looks just like mine, but I all I use it for is frying. Since you got a frier, you should try dep fried hotdogs! I used the Kinininick Breading and cut oscar myer dogs in 1/3rds, breaded then droped (GENTLY!) in to 400 degree oil for like a min or so till dark. Was very tastry. Bewarned though the oil wont realy be usable for fries after that, unless you want your fries to taste like breaded hotdogs :D

VegasCeliacBuckeye Collaborator

This one is made for just for wings (or so it is advertised...)

I like the ones with the baskets also -- FryDaddy's are a pain and they are messy..

Cheri A Contributor

I have a Rival Deep Fryer ~ hope the link works... I just got it after Christmas and we have loved it so far. Has a basket, a top goes over it all so there is no splashing of hot oil. So far I've made a bunch of safe chicken nuggets, fries, even some doughnuts once. Clean-up is a breeze! It all goes in the dishwasher except the heating element.

Archived