This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Foods By George - No Rye, Rye English Muffins

jkmunchkin

jkmunchkin Rising Star

I've heard a lot of people rave about this brand but hadn't tried anything till this morning. I had the Pecan Tart, which is awesome!!! If you like Pecan Pie, you will never be able to tell the difference between.

That said, I was at Mrs. Green's today and saw the No Rye, Rye English muffins and figured if the Pecan Tart was so good I'd give this a try. But I'd love to hear if anyone has tried this before I get my hopes of making my favorite egg sandwich.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mookie03 Contributor

My friend's mom has celiac and is obsessed with them. She made me try one back in june when i first went gluten-free and i remember liking it (warm w/ butter) but i am not much of a rye person so i havent had them since... but yes, i would give them a shot!

ebrbetty Rising Star

I had half of one today with egg beaters..you'd swear you were eating rye bread! gave my son a bite, he said " thats great..but mom you can't eat that you'll get sick" he thought it was regular rye bread

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

:lol: HI all

wish i could put a picture of our snow up on line..yesterday i posted this

I like the George's regular english muffins best of all the brands. haven't seen this rye yet.

This is still true for English Muffins...

BUT--

ATTENTION <ahttps://www.celiac.com/uploads/emoticons/default_laugh.png alt=':lol:'> :lol:HAVE A UP DATE TODAY SUNDAY...-- I MADE A MISTAKE

IT WASN'T GEORGE----IT WAS GLUTINO--PREMIUM SUPREME- PLAIN BAGELS

We did try them this am, and don't think I'll buy ANYTHING ELSE in the bread dept...ever again..

I told my hubby how great they were and he tasted one and agreed. Now he usually won't eat any of my bread stuff...Bless him, got me a new toaster and he likes his special bread and now cuts it himself and toasts in his toaster.. :rolleyes:

I don't even eat much bread any more..just put all on salad or wrap in lettuce ..the bread is so gross who needs the calories :P

Of course they were frozen so put one in micro wave and put at 're warm' where IT decided how to cook it. looked in after what seemed like a min...it was puffing up :blink: so took it out and sliced it and put in toaster. OMG it was as good as a REAL ONE.

Snowed in so going to do a nice big breakfast which we don't usually do :)

Judy

ebrbetty Rising Star

hi judy, next I'll try the plain english muffins..before going gluten-free I always ate cheeseburgers on english muffins with butter..too die for!!

just starting to snow here in Ma, getting at least a foot..I'll be snowed in too, enjoy your breakfast :)

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
hi judy, next I'll try the plain english muffins..before going gluten-free I always ate cheeseburgers on english muffins with butter..too die for!!

just starting to snow here in Ma, getting at least a foot..I'll be snowed in too, enjoy your breakfast :)

HI

we have so much snow now... :lol::P

I'll let you know how they are.

I usually cut them in 1/3's but you can cut in half if you want

judy

jkmunchkin Rising Star

Thanks all!!

I plan on eating a lot today because like a lot of others on here... the snow is out of control!! Good thing I went to the market yesterday. :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Hi

Breakfast was wonderful :)

I'd try the bagels. I liked them better than the english muffins...think it could be used for pizza too..the "K" pizza crusts I didn't like.

judy

celiac3270 Collaborator
IT WASN'T GEORGE----IT WAS GLUTINO--PREMIUM SUPREME- PLAIN BAGELS

We did try them this am, and don't think I'll buy ANYTHING ELSE in the bread dept...ever again..

I told my hubby how great they were and he tasted one and agreed. Now he usually won't eat any of my bread stuff...Bless him, got me a new toaster and he likes his special bread and now cuts it himself and toasts in his toaster.. :rolleyes:

I don't even eat much bread any more..just put all on salad or wrap in lettuce ..the bread is so gross who needs the calories :P

Of course they were frozen so put one in micro wave and put at 're warm' where IT decided how to cook it. looked in after what seemed like a min...it was puffing up :blink: so took it out and sliced it and put in toaster. OMG it was as good as a REAL ONE.

Snowed in so going to do a nice big breakfast which we don't usually do :)

Judy

I know, I LOVE GLUTINO bagels!

My favorite "George" product is the pizza, I think. The muffins are very realistic, though--I'm just generally not a big fan of muffins. Eng. muffins are pretty good, too.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
My favorite "George" product is the pizza, I think.

WHAT---- GEORGE HAS A PIZZA???? :blink::P:)

IS IT PRE MADE ??? or the crust?

Oh I'm so excited..just thought i had to give up pizza the one i made was awful...

let me know ok..I'll be on the prowl as soon as we dig out.

thanks so much celiac3270

judy

TinkerbellSwt Collaborator
WHAT---- GEORGE HAS A PIZZA???? :blink::P:)

IS IT PRE MADE ??? or the crust?

Oh I'm so excited..just thought i had to give up pizza the one i made was awful...

let me know ok..I'll be on the prowl as soon as we dig out.

thanks so much celiac3270

judy

I am reading all these posts about pizza crust. I only have one that I know of to be any good. All of the white rice crusts are too dry and crumbly. I like the Chebe pizza crust. They have both kinds the already made frozen one (which costs a bit) or the dry mix. The dry mix is easy to make too. I will be looking for George's pizza crust though now too. Is it anything like The Gluten Free Pantry? I really didnt like that pre made crust either. Any opinions on this will help! Thanks!

Tinker

celiac3270 Collaborator

Not the pizza crust-- I've never seen the pizza crust and I'm happy with Chebe.

They have a pre-made pizza, which is really convenient and REALLY good--just out a few months ago.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
Not the pizza crust-- I've never seen the pizza crust and I'm happy with Chebe.

They have a pre-made pizza, which is really convenient and REALLY good--just out a few months ago.

wow

thanks celiac3270...maybe that's why I havent' seen it cause it's new.

judy

mommida Enthusiast

Has anyone tried the Glutino pre-made duo cheese Pizza or the frozen rice mac -n- cheese? The buying co-op is starting to carry them and they offer new products at 20% off, so I really want to order them now. I just haven't found them in any store to try one before I buy an entire case.

Laura

Archived