Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest honu

Gluten Free Nacho Cheese?

Guest honu

Hello,

I am new to the site and have a question about nacho cheese. I have a boss who loves nachos, but is gluten-intolerant. I recently received the following list of ingredients from a supplier of "portion packs" of nacho cheese.

Water, patrially hydrogenated soybean oil, modified food starch, natural flavor, jalapeno peppers, salt, sodium phosphate, cheese [cheddar and blue cheese(cultured milk enzymes)], lactic acid, citric acid, color added (yellow #5(E102), and yellow #6(E110), oleoresin of capsicum.

Do any of these ingredients send up any red flags? Thanks much.

-Honu

modified food starch and natural flavorings...bingbingbing.......I'd either call the manufacturer directly and ask specifically if it is gluten free, or I would make my own. Personally I'd make my own

I really like the Ortega Nacho Cheese. It comes in 4 small cups. They sent me a list of their gluten free items awhile back. Basically stated that all Ortega products were gluten free. Quote from email...

"ORTEGA All Products

Ortega has been following a strict labeling policy with regard to any allergens in our foods and incoming ingredients.

We have insisted that our suppliers notify us if gluten is used in any of their ingredients and yet is not declared on their labeling. Thus, we believe we have uncovered any potential use of gluten containing ingredients.

Therefore, any Ortega product is fully labeled for any presence of gluten or gluten containing ingredients.

"

Guest honu
Hello,

I am new to the site and have a question about nacho cheese. I have a boss who loves nachos, but is gluten-intolerant. I recently received the following list of ingredients from a supplier of "portion packs" of nacho cheese.

Water, patrially hydrogenated soybean oil, modified food starch, natural flavor, jalapeno peppers, salt, sodium phosphate, cheese [cheddar and blue cheese(cultured milk enzymes)], lactic acid, citric acid, color added (yellow #5(E102), and yellow #6(E110), oleoresin of capsicum.

-Honu

Hello,

-Honu

Thanks for all your help!