This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Anyone Eat At Boston Market?

sspitzer5

sspitzer5 Apprentice

Does anyone eat at Boston Market on a regular basis? I hadn't eaten there in years, but got a copy of their gluten free items today and decided to try it. I used to really like it.

They started slicing my turkey on the counter where they had just cut a sandwich and I went in circles trying to get them to cut it on a clean surface. The knife was contaminated too. Plus, there was some kind of sauce on the cutting surface. Plus, it looked like the side dishes could easily spill into other bins. And, they were keeping pot pies warm behind the bins and lifting them over the side dishes to serve them.

My question is, are they all like this? I thought I read some posts about them being gluten-free friendly, but based on this experience, I doubt I'll be going back.

S

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jkmunchkin Rising Star

I don't eat there that often but occassionally I do. I always get the roast chicken so I'm not that worried about cc there and as for the sides, I usually do I little look to make sure nothing seems to have spilled into the other container.

I know one time I went there and even though I said no corn bread 3 times they still put it on my tray. I told her again, no I can't have the corn bread, I'm allergic and she promptly threw the whole meal in the garbage and fixed me a brand new one.

I'm not gonna say I feel the safest there, but I feel safer there now then oh let's say McDonald's!!

(Sorry, couldn't resist).

kevsmom Contributor

I eat there about once a month. I have also had to repeat that I don't want the cornbread (well I really do want it ;) ), and that I don't want gravy on my potatoes.

I usually go early in the day, before the lunch crowd hits. I figure I have less of a chance of cross contamination. I've never had a problem.

Cindy

sspitzer5 Apprentice

Thanks guys. One other question ... I got the gluten free list from Boston Market and the only chicken they list as gluten free is the Lemon Herb Rotisserie Chicken, plain grilled chicken breast, Spicy Tuscan Rotisserie Chicken, and the Sweet Garlic Rotisserie Chicken. The one I went to didn't even have these, it just had the regular rotisserie chicken.

Is one of these the regular rotisserie chicken?

Thanks!

S

jkmunchkin Rising Star

Just called them for you and the Sweet Garlic Rotisserie chicken is their standard roast chicken. :)

sspitzer5 Apprentice
Just called them for you and the Sweet Garlic Rotisserie chicken is their standard roast chicken. :)

THANK YOU SO MUCH! That just saved me some time. Wish they would just put that on their list. Duh.

Susan

darlindeb25 Collaborator

I went to Boston Market here with my sweetheart--we are on Long Island--we went to the Boston Market in East Islip. We gave them our order and I told the girl, no biscuit on my plate, she says, "But the meal comes with a biscuit!" I repeated that I did not want a biscuit and she said the same thing again. Kev said, "She can't have bread, NO BISCUIT, if you can't fix her meal without the biscuit, she will get so sick right here in front of you--FIX IT THE WAY SHE SAID OR WE GO SOMEWHERE ELSE--NOW!" I got my meal without the biscuit! We never went back though. Deb

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jkmunchkin Rising Star
I went to Boston Market here with my sweetheart--we are on Long Island--we went to the Boston Market in East Islip. We gave them our order and I told the girl, no biscuit on my plate, she says, "But the meal comes with a biscuit!" I repeated that I did not want a biscuit and she said the same thing again. Kev said, "She can't have bread, NO BISCUIT, if you can't fix her meal without the biscuit, she will get so sick right here in front of you--FIX IT THE WAY SHE SAID OR WE GO SOMEWHERE ELSE--NOW!" I got my meal without the biscuit! We never went back though. Deb

That is crazy!! Why the heck was this girl so adamant about giving you the friggin' biscuit! Weirdo. Well good to know because I actually have a catered birthday party to go to out that way next weekened and I was thinking of just eating real quick at BM so that I'm not starving at the party while everyone else is chowing down. I'll be sure not to go to that one.

teankerbell Apprentice

I went to Boston Market in the Chicago area. Although they could not give me a gluten-free menu or had a clue of where to begin, they were very helpful. I asked them to give me the ingredients they use for the rotissierie chicken and they went and brought the bag and read the ingredients to me. Regular Rotissierie Chicken is gluten-free.

All the veggies have butter but you can ask for them plain and they checked up on us while we were eating. They did almost give me the biscuit, but over all, I think the one I went to bent over backwards to accomodate me.

kevsmom Contributor

I just called Boston Market and they E-Mailed me their Gluten Free menu!!! :rolleyes:

Thank you for inquiring.

The information provided herein is based on standard product formulations and recipes. Variations can be expected due to slight differences in product assembly on a restaurant-by-restaurant basis and other factors. In order to ensure freshness of our products, Boston Market purchases many products and ingredients locally from numerous vendors, thereby introducing factors of variability. Some of the listed products may not be available in all markets, and items which are in test markets or regional in nature have not been listed. Data is current as of the time of publication of this guide, and new product introductions or product changes may cause deviations from the information listed. BOSTON MARKET, ITS FRANCHISEES, AND ITS AND THEIR EMPLOYEES DO NOT ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR A PARTICULAR SENSITIVITY OR ALLERGY TO ANY FOOD PROVIDED IN OUR RESTAURANTS.

If we can be of further assistance to you, we would welcome your call to our Customer Service Team (800) 365-7000.

The following items are listed as gluten free:

Butternut Squash

Chicken, Rotisserie

Corn, Whole Kernel2

Cranberry Relish

Creamed Spinach

Fruit Salad

Grilled Chicken Breast, Plain

Green Beans2

Hot Cinnamon Apples2

Jumpin Juice Squares

Mashed Potatoes

New Potatoes, Garlic & Dill2

Turkey Breast, Rotisserie2

The items notated with a 2 Contains mono & diglycerides of unknown source. If this is a concern, these items should be avoided.

Revised 2/20/2006

floridanative Community Regular

Thanks for posting this kevsmom. I might surprise my hubby with take out from there this week!

Archived