Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I decided yesterday to go off the SCD because my worst problems are from dairy and salicylates. Most of the food on SCD I cant have like yogurt, almonds, most fruits, some veggies, fruit juice, eggs, etc. Theres just not enough for me to choose from. I do better on rice then most fruits. Grape juice would kill me. I've nevr eliminated my biggest offenders all at once. When I tried doing w/out salicylates I was on dairy and vice versa. Now I'm going to see how I do in the next few weeks w/out any of the things that are triggers for me. I'll see how I do in comparison to how well I did on SCD. I'll keep you guys informed.

Oh Rachel, I am so sorry! A salicylates allergy/intolerance is tough, they are found in almost everything so I know it can't be easy for you. The main thing, I think, is finding things to eat that won't make you sick (or at least not make you the sickest, the lesser of all evils) and if right now that is rice and other things not on the SCD then that is what you have to eat. Good luck and I hope you get yourself normalized, or as close to it as you can, soon.

Anybody that has the book Breaking the Vicious Cycle and wouldn't mind posting the instructions for cooking the legal/allowed dried legumes, I would forever appreciate it!! On the website where it lists the legal/illegal foods it says under kidney beans, or split peas, for example, "must be prepared according to instructions in the book". I am curious as to what these instructions are (soaking over night, pre-boiling??).

Also I am having lots of reflux lately and all of my solutions for this problem are on the illegal list- aloe vera juice, slippery elm, etc. Interesting that the substances known to sooth and calm inflamation of the tissue in the digestive tract are the very things that feed the pathogens. So what do you do? I am not in support of pharmeceutical drugs, a personal decision, but I have to figure out something to give me relief.

• Forum Discussions

Mistakes can set you back.  Remember, celiac disease is an autoimmune response.  Once triggered, it can go off for days, weeks or months.  Like my family member who has MS.  She would have severe flares that would last for six weeks or mor...
    Apart from a couple of mistakes I’ve been gluten free for a month now.  I still have issues with digestion.  Pain in my abdomen (like there is a blockage ) if I eat a big meal.  Small meals are fine, and I still get excessive wind and nause...
    No I dont take any medicines.