This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

celiac disease of my daughter. Decrease of Anti Body After GFD

Youssef

Youssef Rookie

hi 

I would like to share the experience of my daughter with celiac disease (age at diagnosis 8 years).

Although, we read in scientific articles that it take between 3 and 12 months after GFD, the Anti Bogy Anti Transglutaminas became normal, in the case of my daughter, the history is as follow, at the same Laboratory:

- Diagnosis of celiac Disease: april, 6, 2017:  Human Tissular Anti Body Anti Transglutamina IgG: 342 U/ml     =>  immediately strict GFD started.

- November, 7, 2017:  .......................................................................................................................174 U/ml

- June, 13, 2018:................................................................................................................................88 U/ml

- July, 6, 2020:...................................................................................................................................17 U/ml.

The normal rate is : ..........................................................................................................................< 7 U/ml

now it takes more than 3 years to drop from 342 to 17, a ratio of 20.

Do you is it normal situation ? please give me your comment

Best regards

Youssef

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

cyclinglady Grand Master

Well, I am not a doctor, but I think that is a fairly normal response based on what members have said on this forum and my own experience.  Your daughter started out with a very high result, so I think  it would take time to lower.  Remember, the blood tests were to help diagnose celiac disease and were not designed to help monitor healing or dietary compliance.  But they are the only “tool-in-the-toolbox” that is non-evasive (like a repeat endoscopy), so doctors use them.  

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5295090/

I would be very happy to see those results.   You are all doing a great job!  

RMJ Mentor

My anti TissueTransglutaminase came down to normal in a year but it took six years for my anti-DGP (deamidated gliadin peptide) antibodies to come down to the normal range.

Your daughter’s results are definitely going in the right direction.  They seem to drop about by half per year, perhaps next year they’ll be in the normal range. It is great that she was diagnosed at a young age.

Youssef Rookie
23 hours ago, cyclinglady said:

Well, I am not a doctor, but I think that is a fairly normal response based on what members have said on this forum and my own experience.  Your daughter started out with a very high result, so I think  it would take time to lower.  Remember, the blood tests were to help diagnose celiac disease and were not designed to help monitor healing or dietary compliance.  But they are the only “tool-in-the-toolbox” that is non-evasive (like a repeat endoscopy), so doctors use them.  

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5295090/

I would be very happy to see those results.   You are all doing a great job!  

Thanks 

This article is very interesting.

Youssef Rookie
18 hours ago, RMJ said:

My anti TissueTransglutaminase came down to normal in a year but it took six years for my anti-DGP (deamidated gliadin peptide) antibodies to come down to the normal range.

Your daughter’s results are definitely going in the right direction.  They seem to drop about by half per year, perhaps next year they’ll be in the normal range. It is great that she was diagnosed at a young age.

Hi

Thanks for your answer. 

I didn't test the anti DGP.

Is it necessary to check the good GFD, because Doctor never tell me about

Best regards

RMJ Mentor
3 hours ago, Youssef said:

Hi

Thanks for your answer. 

I didn't test the anti DGP.

Is it necessary to check the good GFD, because Doctor never tell me about

Best regards

I think the anti-TTG is showing how things are going with your daughter, not every doctor looks at anti-DGP.

Kate333 Rising Star

Think of it this way: your daughter's G antibodies dropped more than 100 points every year.  Hooray!!! She will probably be in the normal range in only a few more months.  That is a GREAT achievement!!  Esp. for such a small child.   But, most important, remember, even once she reaches the normal G antibody range, you will have to make sure she REMAINS there by staying on a gluten-free diet well into her teenage years, perhaps for the rest of her life....But because she is so young, it is my hope that she (and you) will someday be able to celebrate the cure for celiac disease--hopefully in the not too distant future!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Youssef Rookie
10 hours ago, Kate333 said:

Think of it this way: your daughter's G antibodies dropped more than 100 points every year.  Hooray!!! She will probably be in the normal range in only a few more months.  That is a GREAT achievement!!  Esp. for such a small child.   But, most important, remember, even once she reaches the normal G antibody range, you will have to make sure she REMAINS there by staying on a gluten-free diet well into her teenage years, perhaps for the rest of her life....But because she is so young, it is my hope that she (and you) will someday be able to celebrate the cure for celiac disease--hopefully in the not too distant future!!

Hello 

Thanks for your answer. I hope too in the near future.