Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter
3 3
Youssef

celiac disease of my daughter. Decrease of Anti Body After GFD

Rate this topic

hi 

I would like to share the experience of my daughter with celiac disease (age at diagnosis 8 years).

Although, we read in scientific articles that it take between 3 and 12 months after GFD, the Anti Bogy Anti Transglutaminas became normal, in the case of my daughter, the history is as follow, at the same Laboratory:

- Diagnosis of celiac Disease: april, 6, 2017:  Human Tissular Anti Body Anti Transglutamina IgG: 342 U/ml     =>  immediately strict GFD started.

- November, 7, 2017:  .......................................................................................................................174 U/ml

- June, 13, 2018:................................................................................................................................88 U/ml

- July, 6, 2020:...................................................................................................................................17 U/ml.

The normal rate is : ..........................................................................................................................< 7 U/ml

now it takes more than 3 years to drop from 342 to 17, a ratio of 20.

Do you is it normal situation ? please give me your comment

Best regards

Youssef

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Well, I am not a doctor, but I think that is a fairly normal response based on what members have said on this forum and my own experience.  Your daughter started out with a very high result, so I think  it would take time to lower.  Remember, the blood tests were to help diagnose celiac disease and were not designed to help monitor healing or dietary compliance.  But they are the only “tool-in-the-toolbox” that is non-evasive (like a repeat endoscopy), so doctors use them.  

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5295090/

I would be very happy to see those results.   You are all doing a great job!  

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

My anti TissueTransglutaminase came down to normal in a year but it took six years for my anti-DGP (deamidated gliadin peptide) antibodies to come down to the normal range.

Your daughter’s results are definitely going in the right direction.  They seem to drop about by half per year, perhaps next year they’ll be in the normal range. It is great that she was diagnosed at a young age.

23 hours ago, cyclinglady said:

Well, I am not a doctor, but I think that is a fairly normal response based on what members have said on this forum and my own experience.  Your daughter started out with a very high result, so I think  it would take time to lower.  Remember, the blood tests were to help diagnose celiac disease and were not designed to help monitor healing or dietary compliance.  But they are the only “tool-in-the-toolbox” that is non-evasive (like a repeat endoscopy), so doctors use them.  

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5295090/

I would be very happy to see those results.   You are all doing a great job!  

Thanks 

This article is very interesting.

18 hours ago, RMJ said:

My anti TissueTransglutaminase came down to normal in a year but it took six years for my anti-DGP (deamidated gliadin peptide) antibodies to come down to the normal range.

Your daughter’s results are definitely going in the right direction.  They seem to drop about by half per year, perhaps next year they’ll be in the normal range. It is great that she was diagnosed at a young age.

Hi

Thanks for your answer. 

I didn't test the anti DGP.

Is it necessary to check the good GFD, because Doctor never tell me about

Best regards

3 hours ago, Youssef said:

Hi

Thanks for your answer. 

I didn't test the anti DGP.

Is it necessary to check the good GFD, because Doctor never tell me about

Best regards

I think the anti-TTG is showing how things are going with your daughter, not every doctor looks at anti-DGP.

Think of it this way: your daughter's G antibodies dropped more than 100 points every year.  Hooray!!! She will probably be in the normal range in only a few more months.  That is a GREAT achievement!!  Esp. for such a small child.   But, most important, remember, even once she reaches the normal G antibody range, you will have to make sure she REMAINS there by staying on a gluten-free diet well into her teenage years, perhaps for the rest of her life....But because she is so young, it is my hope that she (and you) will someday be able to celebrate the cure for celiac disease--hopefully in the not too distant future!!

10 hours ago, Kate333 said:

Think of it this way: your daughter's G antibodies dropped more than 100 points every year.  Hooray!!! She will probably be in the normal range in only a few more months.  That is a GREAT achievement!!  Esp. for such a small child.   But, most important, remember, even once she reaches the normal G antibody range, you will have to make sure she REMAINS there by staying on a gluten-free diet well into her teenage years, perhaps for the rest of her life....But because she is so young, it is my hope that she (and you) will someday be able to celebrate the cure for celiac disease--hopefully in the not too distant future!!

Hello 

Thanks for your answer. I hope too in the near future.