Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Hey there everyone! 
So I finally have my diagnosis TOMORROW! I’m 22 years old and feel like I’ve been dealing with this for 4 years now, but within the last year everything has got progressively worse. I guess I should’ve asked some of these questions months ago. But hey here we are...

Anyway, I had the Endoscopy and Colonoscopy done about two weeks ago, with stool samples, and biopsies. 

My question is: Has anyone who is diagnosed, experience these specific symptoms.

when I wake up I feel as if I’m hypoglycemic, my body is tingly, cold sweats (no matter how I dress myself when going to sleep) and then the urgency to go release a bowel movement (usually extremely oily, Diarrhea, or thin stringy) 

Also I feel as if my joints and bones are popping out of place a lot more frequently and a lot more painfully then they ever had ( this was a hard one to pin point because I use to dance competitively and so my joints naturally crack and pop in and out of place) 

I have ALLLL of the other symptoms that all lead to Celiacs, but I truly just want to know if anyone else had the same morning routine/experience. 

(if anyone is wondering my back story, I’ve always been a fit young girl, never had health problems, ate pretty good, except for the occasional gatherings, and parties. I recently got diagnosed with Endometriosis last November as that was something else I had suspected I had FOR YEARS. I’m glad I finally went to the Gastroenterologist but geez this celiacs seems like no freakin joke, if it ends up being the answer) 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

56 minutes ago, AlexanotlikeAmazon said:

Hey there everyone! 
So I finally have my diagnosis TOMORROW! I’m 22 years old and feel like I’ve been dealing with this for 4 years now, but within the last year everything has got progressively worse. I guess I should’ve asked some of these questions months ago. But hey here we are...

Anyway, I had the Endoscopy and Colonoscopy done about two weeks ago, with stool samples, and biopsies. 

My question is: Has anyone who is diagnosed, experience these specific symptoms.

when I wake up I feel as if I’m hypoglycemic, my body is tingly, cold sweats (no matter how I dress myself when going to sleep) and then the urgency to go release a bowel movement (usually extremely oily, Diarrhea, or thin stringy) 

Also I feel as if my joints and bones are popping out of place a lot more frequently and a lot more painfully then they ever had ( this was a hard one to pin point because I use to dance competitively and so my joints naturally crack and pop in and out of place) 

I have ALLLL of the other symptoms that all lead to Celiacs, but I truly just want to know if anyone else had the same morning routine/experience. 

(if anyone is wondering my back story, I’ve always been a fit young girl, never had health problems, ate pretty good, except for the occasional gatherings, and parties. I recently got diagnosed with Endometriosis last November as that was something else I had suspected I had FOR YEARS. I’m glad I finally went to the Gastroenterologist but geez this celiacs seems like no freakin joke, if it ends up being the answer) 

The oily stools and diarrhea are classic celiac symptoms. It sounds like you may have other medical issues as well. It is common for celiacs to develop other autoimmune diseases.

1 hour ago, trents said:

The oily stools and diarrhea are classic celiac symptoms. It sounds like you may have other medical issues as well. It is common for celiacs to develop other autoimmune diseases.

That’s what I’ve been told/researched and found! Also, definitely will be checking after the diagnosis to make sure there aren’t any other underlying issues. 

Did you get any blood tests done? Normally you would have a blood screening before doing the endoscopy. If so, please share the results. If not, you should ask your doctor to do this before you go gluten-free.

Scott Adams

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Founder Celiac.com

1 hour ago, Scott Adams said:

Did you get any blood tests done? Normally you would have a blood screening before doing the endoscopy. If so, please share the results. If not, you should ask your doctor to do this before you go gluten-free.

Hi there, my doctor had asked for the stool and blood samples the day of my first appointment, She had said that we’d go over ALL of the results from the tests to the endoscopy/colonoscopy and biopsies on the follow up. Unfortunately they rescheduled my follow up without me knowing. So I won’t be able to give an update till tomorrow.