This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

jerseyangel Proficient

Mango, Have a safe and happy trip! I hope this experience is everything you want it to be and more! I'll look forward to hearing from you whenever you get a chance to check in. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DingoGirl Enthusiast
No...we have the ever over-tasked Geese and Dingos! :lol::blink:

they are extremely busy and productive, no more laying around all day as they do here.....

AndreaB Contributor
I've got it! I know who can be King!

I mean, yes, we must have the traffic cop, but the perfect King would be Seth!!!!!!

Andrea, can we borrow Seth? :lol::lol:

OK, Seth can be king. :D Thanks Julie, he still loves to smile!

I'm back everyone....may be awhile before I catch up on 30 pages and Mitch wants some computer time also. We have DSL now since our modem decided to take a vacation. :D

Thanks to Celia for tracking us down. :P

VydorScope Proficient
OK, Seth can be king. :D Thanks Julie, he still loves to smile!

I'm back everyone....may be awhile before I catch up on 30 pages and Mitch wants some computer time also. We have DSL now since our modem decided to take a vacation. :D

Thanks to Celia for tracking us down. :P

YAHOOOO!!! WOOOT! YOU MADE IT!!!!!

Daxin Explorer

Chelsea, My dw has that all the time with her hair "thingies" :blink: I think it is just from having your hair in a pony-tail all day and then they get stuck in the elastic and pulled out, that and the thick hair does not help. Our daughter inherited fine hair and she does not have that much of a problem.

Thought that might help.

Just found out our son is having some problems with his ADHD meds "stratera" He is on the other side of the oc%$#$ry visiting my MIL, and she is going on about how she had him to emerg etc about it. THey make him naseous etc, but that is supposed to happen, especially if he is not eating, and I don't think he is. She says he is, but I know him, and my MIL spoilshim, so if he says he's sick he is, but not enough to skip even a piece of toast or somehting (DS is a gluten eater btw).

Anyway, I must log off now and wait for dw to call so we can figure this out...it would not be so bad if he had to asked to stay for another week (flights already booked, work already gave us the time off) and now he "may not be able to fly for a few days..." becuase of his stomach issues etc..... <_<:blink:

Convienent? :blink:

Anyway..will keep you all up to date.

Camille'sBigSister Newbie
Evenin' Now I know that sitting on my heinie all day in front of the TV is a bad thing in R-ville. :ph34r:

Ah, Jeny, you're a Southern Girl with some German in your blood. We're probably kin. I know exactly what a "heinie" is! :lol::lol::lol:

Cissie

I don't know how y'all go outside during the summer. And dig in the dirt. In the sun. And enjoy it. Crazy people.

Amen! :P:P:P But I keep my house at 77-78 F, so when I come to visit you in Rachelville I'll wear my wool underwear! :lol:

Cissie

Don't they use apples to STOP d? How does that kepe them working? :blink:

Ryan, the apples provided necessary "ruffage," what is now called bulk. :D:D

Cissie

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

Andrea!! Good to see you back. Did you miss us? We were about to send out a search party for you :D

Lisa Mentor

Ok, been trying to follow the commings and goings of Rachelville

Who is the Mayor:

Who is on the City Council:

Who is the Town Planner:

Who is the Town Manager:

Who is the Sheriff (if one is needed):

Who is the Ag. Agent:

Who is the Town Cryer:

Who run the local newspaper:

Who is the Vet:

Who is the DR.: Rachel

Who runs the farmers market:

Who is on Geese Patrol:

Who handles the entertainment:

Who are the hunter and gatherers:

Who are the Farmers:

Who are the Dairy Farmers:

Ok, enough of that. I would like to know before I relocate. What would be year round weather be like, and how is the housing market.

B) Lisa

jerseyangel Proficient

Lisa--Andrea had the latest list of positions/jobs--a bunch of pages back. I'm Vice President, work in the design dept., and help Andrea with the teaching (specializing in the teenagers). I seem to be a lot more productive in R'ville than I am here in NJ! :lol:

VydorScope Proficient

I am just the offical rule breaker :D

penguin Community Regular

I'm a lt. governor and one of the chefs (baking, I believe)

Rikki Tikki Explorer

Ok, I will be rolling into town in about 10 minutes. What job ill I have? I can do about anything, except I don't want to try and fix anybody's head!

AndreaB Contributor
.... as one fish said to the other fish when they swam into a wall... DAM!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

This thread makes a real difference in my life, thank you all.

Rinne,

I love this thread too.....and we are glad you're here. :P

:) Cissie-I feel like I know you --are you related to me? :) Our hubbies certainly are of one mind.

On a serious note--I am worried about the whole eye thing too. Had a visit Fri to the surgeon, I thought the lenses were clouding over or a detached retina, but he said the retina looked ok, but my vision is getting bad again after being pretty good right after the surgery. I broke out in hives from the drops to dilate, and he had me use the prednisone drops 4 times Fri night and keep up 2 times a day and wants me to come back next Fri. The whole thing is upsetting me so much. I knew I couldn't see as well again and when the tech had me read the chart I couldn't believe it. I asked her if I could read the lines before and she said yes, and I couldn't help it, I just started tearing up and crying. I didn't bluther, but I was shocked. Enough whining-----(sorry) Cissy, I have been to so many drs. over this, I don't know who to turn to next. The dr. I am seeing is a surgeon-he is #6 I think (lost count).

I was searching in the 'related illness' topics for a thread that was started about a month or so ago regarding a type of hives and it was recommended by someone to try cortislim-to reduce cortisol levels to help with the hives-some itch and some are painful-well, I think Julie's post clinched it for me-thank you , Julie, last week I bought some cortislim and I took one Saturday and wow, I am not joking, within a hour and a half I felt so calm, no itching, no food craving, totally headache free. I definitely will continue this, not only for the adrenal calming and lessening of histamine symptoms, but for the related food/sugar craving (which is totally gone!!) I am forever thankful to whoever posted that advice on the thread and I hope they read this. I also hope that this information helps you all in some way, because I think the adrenal function IS the key to the histamine levels and it makes sense that we have so many thyroid problems as well since the adrenal function is so important to the thyroid function. I am hoping the adrenal healing will help my thyroid and in turn help with everything else, including the eyes. Thank you all for the wonderful help you keep bringing me, and Rachel --thank you for the relentless searching and your sharing on here.

Robbin, I'm sure we're related! :D If I ever catch up on this string (Took the day off, and I'm only on p. 208.) we'll have to compare family names.

I am so worried about your eyes! Praying a specific plea for your recovery.

I'm intrigued with this adrenal thing and it's connection with histamine. My sisters and my six children are sugar addicts, and I've already talked about my family's history of allergies. (I was a mean mother! My children weren't allowed to eat candy or drink cokes, though I did let them have two cookies after lunch. I hid the sugar bowl, so one of my sons couldn't eat raw sugar!) Anyway, I need to do some research.

Cissie

AndreaB Contributor
To lighten today up a little.... I HAVE to tell you all this......this morning Tony woke up with wet goop all over and on him and freaked out, he thought my insides were coming out.... all I had last night was a package of spinach so I used this instead of my ice pack... and this was a frozen cardboard box and I fell asleep with it on my tummy and of course rolled around during my sleep... well the spinach thawed and oozed out of the corners :lol:

But now I have to wash all my bed sheets <_<

Boy are we glad it wasn't a bag of raspberries that broke open......(from Mitch) :lol::lol:

:) I couldn't help it, I just started tearing up and crying. I didn't bluther, but I was shocked. Enough whining-----(sorry) Cissy, I have been to so many drs. over this, I don't know who to turn to next. The dr. I am seeing is a surgeon-he is #6 I think (lost count).

Lord have mercy! Robbin, I forgot to speak to this. You are NOT whining!!!!! You are sharing with your friends; that's what we're here for.

Cissie

Rikki Tikki Explorer

Ok, I am home. I have decided that the job I want is to be the town bum, I think that sounds like a mighty fine idea, I'll just watch the comings and goings of all of you! I won't have to worry about a thing! :lol::lol::lol:

Lisa Mentor
Lisa--Andrea had the latest list of positions/jobs--a bunch of pages back. I'm Vice President, work in the design dept., and help Andrea with the teaching (specializing in the teenagers). I seem to be a lot more productive in R'ville than I am here in NJ! :lol:

Well. guess I'm well beyond the curve. I just can't keep up with , well just can't keep up. :) My life runs alot slower than the Rachelville posts...but I have enjoyed them.

Rikki Tikki Explorer

Ok CC glad you liked it! Does that mean I get the job? :D

Canadian Karen Community Regular

Lisa,

I already suggested you as Mayor! As for me, I can be the marriage counsellor (I'll always have a drawer full of Altoids for my clients......) We will all be happy campers in R-Ville!

:lol:

Hugs.

Karen

Rikki Tikki Explorer

Ok CC then I am just going to meander on over to the nearest tumbleweed and start listening and watching :ph34r:

Thanks for letting me into town, but what does LMAO mean?

penguin Community Regular
Lisa,

I already suggested you as Mayor! As for me, I can be the marriage counsellor (I'll always have a drawer full of Altoids for my clients......) We will all be happy campers in R-Ville!

:lol:

Hugs.

Karen

Uh oh! Karen said the "A" word! Run for the hills!!! The full moon isn't even until the 8th! :o

( :lol: )

Canadian Karen Community Regular
Uh oh! Karen said the "A" word! Run for the hills!!! The full moon isn't even until the 8th! :o

( :lol: )

LMAO!!!!!! R-Ville won't know what hit 'em! :lol:;)B)

Welcome, Sally and Lisa!!! Oh, and Stuporman!!!

Lisa, I'm the

Minister of Defense in charge of our miraculous, dedicated, gluten-detecting geese

ALL: Honey bees are our friends. They will pollinate our crops and work their little fannies off to provide us with honey. They will never sting us because Rachelville is a safe haven for them, and they are most grateful. You see, they are also refugees from a mad world that is poisoning their food supplies. Bad, bad world! :angry::angry::angry:

Spiders are out, out OUT!!!!! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: Harmless little garden snakes are all right, if anyone should ask, but NO SPIDERS!!!!! I was bitten by a brown recluse spider in 1992, and almost lost my left foot. That was bad enough, but I fell into the clutches of two insane doctors who didn't believe me about the spider (I saw the damn thing!); came up with an off-the-wall diagnosis, and treated me with massive doses of steroids for 2 months. By the time I fired them, I had steroid-psychosis, two collapsed vertabrae, and my shoulder joints and left hip joint were dissolving. I'm fine now, no pain anywhere; all three joints have been replaced; but I'm a bit shorter than I used to be! :lol::lol::lol:

Cissie

Archived