This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

CarlaB Enthusiast

So who are you seeing now if it's not an LLMD?

My friend said that when she went, she saw a nurse practitioner for 2 hours and the doctor for 30 minutes. She recommended that because it's only a six week wait, but it's several months to go and only see the doctor. The np sounded fine since I'll get to see the doc, too.

I haven't even begun to think what all this is going to cost ... flying to NY, renting a car to get to the doc an hour north of the city, the doc, more labs ... wonder if insurance is going to cover anything. Doesn't matter, I just want to get healthy.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rachel--24 Collaborator
Doesn't matter, I just want to get healthy.

Yup....thats what I tell myself everyday. :D

The sacrifices are small in comparison to what I can get back....I cant put a price on my health.

AndreaB Contributor
Yup....thats what I tell myself everyday. :D

The sacrifices are small in comparison to what I can get back....I cant put a price on my health.

I have to agree there. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
So who are you seeing now if it's not an LLMD?

The Dr. I went to for the mercury stuff....he's the one who suspected Lyme and ordered the Igenix test. I'm still seeing him but I wanted to include the LLMD into my wellness "team". :) I want them to work together. My Bioset lady said she treats other people who have my same Dr...and also the LLMD (who comes once every 3 months) ....they work as a team. My Dr. here will work with the LLMD....I think it would be beneficial to have the help of the LLMD.

AndreaB Contributor
The Dr. I went to for the mercury stuff....he's the one who suspected Lyme and ordered the Igenix test. I'm still seeing him but I wanted to include the LLMD into my wellness "team". :) I want them to work together. My Bioset lady said she treats other people who have my same Dr...and also the LLMD (who comes once every 3 months) ....they work as a team. My Dr. here will work with the LLMD....I think it would be beneficial to have the help of the LLMD.

I can only see how that would benefit you. No drawbacks there. Hopefully you'll be able to get in in March. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator

So...the other day I got all happy thinking that my Bioset lady was gonna get started on the chemicals. Now....I'm thinking thats not whats gonna happen. <_<

She had said "Next time I see you we will be working on the chemicals."

I assumed she meant today....but noooo.....today I had a *different* BioSET lady. :huh:

Actually on my treatment protocol it shows the chemical treatments towrd the end....after the foods....but I just thought maybe she was jumping ahead. :rolleyes:

I think there are 3 BioSET ladies there and I read that any one of them can perform the treatments but so far I've always had the *main* BioSET lady. Maybe because she's the only one who can clear the detox pathways....now that that part is over...I'll probably have any one of them doing my treatments.

I actually liked the girl who did my treatment tonight. She explained stuff to me as we went along. I told her about the problem with the B-12. She told me to stop taking it and to not take any of the other supplement they had given me. She wants me to bring them both in on Tues and they will test to see what I'm reacting to in the B-12. They think its most likely the alcohol. I would agree since theres 20% alcohol in the B-12!!! It seems like alot to me. <_< I'm also gonna bring in my thyroid meds (Armour) to see if I react to it at all.

The most AMAZING thing happened tonight. :o

The treatment for tonight was Fats and Oils. Fatty acids, phospholipids, fat metabolism and oils.

Usually when I'm touching the little glass vials I dont know whats actually in them because even though they are labeled.....I dont understand what half of the stuff is. :huh:

Tonight when she tested the oils.....I knew what was in each vial. It was obvious stuff like coconut oil, olive oil, flax oil, etc...I recognized nearly everything. As I was touching the vials I was mentally *aware* of which ones were bad.....because of my experiences with the different oils. It was amazing because I reacted to nearly every one that I *knew* I would react to! :blink:

I have major problems with coconut oil...I never could figure out why but its not just the oil....its *everything* coconut. So tonight....there was probably about 6 or 7 vials that were all having to do with coconut and I reacted to every single one of them! :o

The lady said that my body clearly does not like coconut and I should probably avoid it even after the treatments because of the fact that I reacted to every single one of the coconut vials.

The oil that I use for my popcorn is safflower oil....its the only one that I'm *sure* doesnt bother me. I didnt react to any safflower on the test. :) VERY COOL.

The only thing that surprised me was olive oil...I thought I would react to it and I didnt. :unsure: I told the lady and she had me touch it again. I didnt react. She said olive oil is OK...that maybe it was just the *brand* of olive oil I was using that bothered me.

When we did the fats...there was one that was "coconut butter"....I touched it and the computer responded. The lady said "Wow...what a shock." :lol: I guess my body just hates coconut. :blink:

She told me that some patients are so sensitive that they actually can get reactions just from touching the vials. She asked me if I was getting any symptoms from touching all the coconut stuff....she said some people start getting teary eyes or other symptoms. She said they also sometimes react during the actual treatment.....when they are laying in the room with the glass jar jar on their stomach.

All of the glass vials that I react to get put into a glass jar...the Bioset lady puts other stuff into the jar. I think it has to do with electromagnetic fields or something. They also have a vial of my blood in the jar as well. They put the jar and its contents onto a metal plate and do some stuff with the computer. After they're done we go into the room. I hold the glass jar and all its contents while the lady does accupressure on me. After that I lay down in the dark with the glass jar on my stomach for about 15 minutes.

Tonight the lady told me to put the jar directly on my skin....to lift up my shirt. The other lady never had me to this in my previous treatments so I hope it still worked. I mentioned it to the lady tonight and she said it works better if its directly on your skin. :(

Anyway, she said some patients get nauseus or other symptoms from having the contents on their stomach. Usually after my treatments I'm really tired and kind of weak and brain-fogged but I never thought it could be from the treatment itself. :blink:

Anyways it looks like we should be heading into the food groups (according to my treatment protocol). Foods are only a couple tretments away. :)

It looks like thyroid and adrenals are next

then phenolics

then foods (there are a bunch of different food panels)

then food additives

then candida and yeasts + immune booster

then mycotoxins + immune booster

then food borne mold + immune booster

then indoor/outdoor molds + immune booster

then Lyme/co-infectants

then Chemicals

and last will be heavy metals

I'm really fascinated by this whole BioSET thing. :D

Besides the stuff in the glass vials they also test different things on the computer each time I'm there. Tonight she said that my energy was VERY good. Everything that she tested having to do with my energy showed a very good response. I told her I have energy....I wanna go do things that I enjoy......but I cant because of all my sensitivities. So I just stay home.....but the energy and desire to do stuff is there. I dont feel "sick"...I just feel "allergic" to the whole world. :(

They also test my brain every time.....I touch my temples...first one side and then the other....and the computer responds with sounds. The lady always tells me the response is good. Tonight the "new" lady said "Wow....thats very good." She said my brain response was really strong....stronger than all of her other patients. :D

Sooooo...I've got some good stuff going for me. Alot of energy and a good brain. :lol:

AndreaB Contributor

Wow Rachel!

I'm really fascinated with your treatment as well and am thankful you take the time to post about it.

Interesting about the coconut.

Maybe the first bioset lady will be back to doing your treatmenst when it comes to the chemicals. :unsure:

I'll be anxiously awaiting Tuesday's results with the b-12 test.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

Such interesting talk last night. I took the intelectual route and watched Grey's Anatomy :lol:

Rachel, I'm glad you stopped the B12 for now. I see we have the coconut thing in common! Remember, don't drink filtered water--that was a big problem for me, as they use coconut hulls in the filters ;)

Your BioSet treatment was a lot like the treatment I received from the Kinesiologist. Instead of the vials, he uses "questions" and muscle testing to determine "allergies". The actual treatment of laying the substances on your stomach, and resting alone in a calm room for a certain amount of time is exactly what I had to do. (The Kinesiologist actually can't stay in the room because the energy will affect them, too) I had a strong reaction afterwards--I was itchy, nauseous, nervous and exhausted.

I had this done at night, and the whole next day, I could hardly get out of bed. I don't really understand what all is involved, but something happened there!

By the way, I think you would be a fabulous BioSet lady! :D

dlp252 Apprentice
Donna, Hope you are feeling better with those teeth.

Thank you, yes I am...jaw still hurt a bit yesterday, but so far so good this morning.

I will answer before Rinne does.....

Hmmmm....Lyme Clan B)

:lol:

dlp252 Apprentice

Laura, so glad you posted your experience! When I had my surgery in January, they had me in the recovery room FOREVER...I was actually fully awake and all for quite a long time, but my room wasn't ready so they had to keep me in recovery. I hadn't realized how long it was until I saw my mother coming in...they let her and another girl's mother come into the recovery room (which they usually never do) because we were there so long. The look on my mother's face was disturbing...apparently they hadn't told her I was awake and okay so for a couple of hours she thought maybe something happened to me! :angry: It was wonderful to see her though, so I know what you are saying about wanting to see them when you come out of it.

Rachel the BioSET lady! :D Hey, maybe they can do a teaching thing there for you...you might be MY BioSET lady by the time I get around to actually making an appointment, lol. :lol:

Green12 Enthusiast

Hi everybody :D

Mia Mia, I am so sorry I didn't answer your question about my experiences with Diflucan. I knew I was forgetting something :ph34r: I think Rachel answered it well however and I can't say much different. It sounds like you already know how very hard it is on the liver, and how one should be carefully monitored, and it should only be taken short term. I think I did liver tests every so often to monitor the levels with my doc. Unfortunately they kept me on it long term, and at double and tripple the doses at times, which I dont understand, but back then I didn't know any different. So just arm yourself with the information, which I know you do :) As far as side effects, I didn't notice any. Good luck with it :)

Rachel, I think it is fantastic you are considering becoming a "Bioset Lady" , I love that :lol::lol: You would make an excellent one. I think the people who are the best healers are the ones who are very passionate and knowledgeable about thier field, but also they have empathy and compassion, an understanding for what the patient is going through.

Your appts continue to sound so interesting. This is very similar to what I experienced with the bioscan and my NAET treatments, and it all is so very fascinating.

AndreaB Contributor
Such interesting talk last night. I took the intelectual route and watched Grey's Anatomy :lol:

:lol::lol:

Rachel, I think it is fantastic you are considering becoming a "Bioset Lady" , I love that :lol::lol: You would make an excellent one. I think the people who are the best healers are the ones who are very passionate and knowledgeable about thier field, but also they have empathy and compassion, an understanding for what the patient is going through.

Everybody seems to be in agreement here.

Rachel would be great and Julie you hit it on the head.

Rachel, you have your new vocation. Now to come up with the money and what's required for learning it. :D

It's so quiet in here this morning you could here a pin drop....(except me, my hearing's bad).....usually I don't get caught up this quickly. :huh:

CarlaB Enthusiast
It's so quiet in here this morning you could here a pin drop....(except me, my hearing's bad).....usually I don't get caught up this quickly. :huh:

Sorry, my brain's on vacation today. I wish I knew where it went so I could go get it. You wouldn't believe the level of concentration it took to make two fried eggs, two pieces of toast and a cup of tea!!!

rinne Apprentice

I'm operating at about the same speed. :lol:

I'm herxing, feeling generally toxic and really looking forward to my sauna this morning.

CarlaB Enthusiast

That's how I feel. I don't know if it's herxing or not ... but I think the sauna is definately contributing to my fogginess. I think that has to be a good thing! It has to be from toxins leaving :) because I can guarantee you, nothing is staying very long. :blink::lol:

AndreaB Contributor

Oh wow! Sorry for the brainfog you two. (Carla and Rhonda)

Rhonda, enjoy your sauna.

Both of you take it easy, we'll be here when you have the energy and feel better.

Rachel,

Can you save up sick time or vacation time to have some time off when you start through your lyme treatment? This herxing sounds wicked (for lack of thinking of a better word at this point).

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel, you have your new vocation. Now to come up with the money and what's required for learning it. :D

I'm still not totally convinced that it will work though. Yeah....it truelly is fascinating stuff but it wont be very fascinating to me if it doesnt work. <_<

If it works I will most definately be interested in learning everything I can. :D

Rachel,

Can you save up sick time or vacation time to have some time off when you start through your lyme treatment? This herxing sounds wicked (for lack of thinking of a better word at this point).

Not everyone has to have bad Herx reactions. It depends on how well you are detoxing and also if the dose of whatever you're taking is more than what your body can handle. Basically a Herx reaction just means that you are killing off alot of "baddies" and the toxins are overwhelming your system. If you take smaller doses you dont have to *feel* it as much.

We cant save up vacation....unfortunately. I dont have much sick leave because I used all of it when I was on disability the first year. I think it ran out after like 7 months off....now I am having to build it back up again.

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Everybody seems to be in agreement here.

Rachel would be great and Julie you hit it on the head.

Rachel....do you remember, before I "knew" you :P that I used to always tell you that you should be a nutritionist or dietitian or something? well now we know what your destiny is....LAUGHING LYME BIOSET LADY!!!!! ;)

Yup, Thursday nights are my big TV night (read: loser night :ph34r: ) becasue I crawl into my cozy bed with magazines and one dog, and there is the first half hour of Ugly Betty, and then I have to miss the second half hour of that becasue I have to watch The Office (and OMG how funny was it last night? :lol: ) and then there's Gray's Anatomy (thank God nothing happened last night to make me TOO furious or agitated) and then ER at 10, which is going to create major problems starting soon because the CUTEST show on TV Men in Trees, is going to come on at the same time as ER and then.....oh I see a Tivo in my future.....so anywho you can see I am SO busy over here with all of that!

Sorry, my brain's on vacation today. I wish I knew where it went so I could go get it. You wouldn't believe the level of concentration it took to make two fried eggs, two pieces of toast and a cup of tea!!!

Oh don't I know days like this.....so sorry. I don't know if it's herxing or saunas or what, because I am not "herxetic" or sauna-ing and I occasionally have one of those terrible dyas...I hope tomorrow is much better for you. :)

I'm operating at about the same speed. :lol:

I'm herxing, feeling generally toxic and really looking forward to my sauna this morning.

Rinne......just carefully and calmly remember how to get yourself OUT of the sauna, the dinogs are occupied today and can't be sent out! :lol:

AndreaB Contributor

Hey Susan! Good to see you!!

I see you Rhonda. :) Are you back from saunaing?

dlp252 Apprentice
I am not "herxetic"

:lol: you said herxetic!

rinne Apprentice

Hi Andrea, :) yes, I'm home after a sauna, I never knew sweating could be so great. :lol: Then I went a for a wander through some of the neighourhood shops, a dangerous thing to do. :ph34r:

:lol:

I agree with Rachel about the herxing, I don't think it has to be so horrible, at least not as awful as what I have read on some of the Lyme boards where they are using ABX.

DingoGirl Enthusiast

:lol: yes, it is a new word I just made up, feel free to use it, it would please me :lol::lol::lol:

AndreaB Contributor

Rhonda,

I don't have to leave home to have shops be dangerous. I just need to look at my favorite ebay seller's offerings.......my custom breyers. :)

Miamia,

I see you. Have you got your test results back?

dlp252 Apprentice
:lol: yes, it is a new word I just made up, feel free to use it, it would please me :lol::lol::lol:

I think I've been herxetic since I was born. :lol:

AndreaB Contributor

Donna,

Your picture is always a bright spot. It just makes me smile right back. Good to see you.

Richard,

I see you sneaking around here. :P

Archived