This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

tom Contributor
Tom, I'll be in SJ from Aug 6-10th. I don't know yet what I'm doing the evening of the 10th. No hotel plans. I might be sleeping in my rental car! Aug 11th-21st is my spiritual retreat at Asilomar near Monterey. Anyhoo, when do you get in to SJ? PM me! I'm ready for a close encounter of the Rachelville kind ;) .

Whoa!!! :) :) A c.e.R.k??? <bigger smile>

I fly in ~lunch on the 10th !! Can u pick me up @ the airport??

LMAO no no I've got 3 eager volunteers already. :)

Asilomar is soooooooo nice! Even just the little drive to it, off hwy 1, along woody Hwy 68West is calming.

I've walked around that center a little, as it's right by Asilomar State Beach. (Just verified it's in Pacific Grove) P.G. has THE coolest spooky fog!!!!

Out there on the tip of Monterey Peninsula is one great spot to do ANYTHING!! And u get 10 days there!??

You will just LOVE it.

I take it the 10th is up in the air because the expense acct shuts down.

But car-sleep?? Yikes my neck would hate me for that.

I'm a bit stressed about the food in SJ. Eating out in restaurants everyday will be challenging. I might have to call my hotel to see if we have a refrigerator. So like you Mia, I'm not sure how it will go. I'm counting on Tom to help me out! No gluten or dairy for me Tom.

Eating out while on expense acct should be pretty easy. Hmmmmmm unless low per diem.

Unfortunately my very extensive downtown food knowledge is all pre-gluten-free. One restaurant visit for me in last 2.5 yrs. Even before candida diet, when I would've thought I could eat straight gluten-free, I was too sick to want to go anyway.

I should be able to help a little but I wish I could help much much more. Maybe next year if same conf happening!! ;)

I'll PM.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tom Contributor
I react the worst to perfumes. Last night, I was with a group that normally doesn't wear that kind of stuff, but we had a bellydancer performing for us. She was great, but her perfume was really irritating my throat.

Oy I would've left.

Whether I can tolerate it or not, I think it's doing me harm.

I can take being seen as impolite much easier than thinking I'm potentially harming my health.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Donna,

I did get an email from Scott. I think he must have gotten back on the computer as soon as he passed the 25 hr. avoidance period. :lol:

I'll be seeing him on Friday....my LED is right before his. :)

Yeah...he said he just gets tired and sleeps alot....some minor headaches but the worst part is avoiding everything. I'm sure thats gonna be the worst part for me too. Its gonna be HARD! :o

He said that LED might be something we could do for life....for maintenance....like getting an oil change. As we accumulate the toxins we can do LED's to get rid of them. Sounds good to me. :)

Yeah...it sucks about how some of the people on LymeNET are treating him. He said he doesnt want to talk about ART anymore over there because of all the flack he gets...it sucks for the people who *do* wanna know about it. :(

It was funny cuz he said he likes ART better because he's not having his own arm pushed on. He said with this Dr. pushing on his arm he's sore for days. He said he pushes too hard. :lol:

My arm didnt get sore at all but then again I'm very physical at work....I use my arms everyday and do alot of lifting. I think thats why I didnt notice.

I'm pretty strong for my size anyway. I used to always ask big guys if they wanna arm wrestle me. :lol:

Just the other day at work the big freezer door in the backroom was jammed and a couple people were both trying to pull on it and get it open. I walked by and one of them asked me if I could open it. The other one (my boss) laughed and said "Oh yeah...like her and her 90 lbs. are really gonna do it" :rolleyes:

So yeah...I walked over there and I unjammed the door on my second try. :P

Then my boss apologized. :P

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel,

I have to say I agree 100% with your doctor about dairy. I don't feel it's in our best interest to drink the milk of another species.

Yeah...deep down I agree with it too. But OMG...I just LOVE milk!! :ph34r:

Its harder for me than gluten for sure.

I tested badly for dairy products across the board in all the BioSET testing in every panel. I remember doing the Autism/ADD panel and they had casein in there....again I did badly. I thought it was weird that they didnt have gluten in that panel as well. :huh:

They did have metals and all the food dyes, preservatives, stuff like that.

tom Contributor
Well PM me too...if I can I'll pop by too for a meet up. :)

A triple c.e.R.k. ???????? :) :) :)

Wow!!!

You two might meet up before the 10th, but how about we all meet somewhere after work on that Fri the 10th?

Donna, if you can't on 10th, I'm in town thru Tues the 14th.

I'll PM. :) :) :)

dlp252 Apprentice
I think overall i could probably be ok but it is so hard emotionally to be there - every year i say ok this is the last year it will be this bad and it just seems to get worse. I feel like Emotionally it might be really hard on me.

Yeah, that's the hard one. I think I do not have that emotional connection to any of the places I go to. I can really understand why that would be hard and maybe not such a good idea anyway. It might be much better to avoid the heavy emotional thing. :( I'm just so sorry that any of us has to think about this, but especially you!

Well, I think in your case, that makes sense because you're doing other things to detox. Maybe like a cumulitive effect?

I have a whole bottle of Dead Sea Bath Salts--and I'm afraid to use them :lol: After reading your account, I am definately limiting my bath to 10 minutes. When I take it.

Ha, well, I certainly don't have any scientific basis for that, but I just know that the couple of times I stayed in for 15 minutes I was very weak and very drained...started even to feel a bit lightheaded.

Anyone else have any suggestions for buying chlorella at a store bought place? We have a pharmacy here called Pharmaca, which is kinda as Whole Foods is to Safeway, Pharmaca is to Walgreens. I have found some brands there that are only carried by my health care practitioners, like Pure Encapsulations. My local one is a bit smaller, so I might have to go to the bigger Pharmaca downtown to find more brands of chlorella. I'm just not sure if it matters all that much which brand you buy. I know with some supplements it does, but not with others.

I think it might matter but I can't remember why. :( Hate my stupid killed lymie brain cells. :angry: Sun Chlorella and Yaema (or something like that) seem to stick in my mind, but I can't say for sure that those are the best. I know I've seen them both in WF, but there was some reason I didn't get them (as in I looked at the label and for some reason decided not to). I do know I need to get a local supply somewhere other than Anna's because she runs out frequently.

He was NOT able to find Lyme....nor was he able to find any co-infections. He said he was getting some very slight indication that it might be there but then it would be gone....like it was really weak.

We talked a little about this yesterday too...he said that's when Amy told him a few other ways to test, so that's what he used on me when I saw him. :) So, thank you! :lol:

Donna....he dosed me at 35 drops for each!!

:o 35!!! Wow, I'm astounded...dumbfounded even... I can hardly even imagine, lol.

Whats interesting to me about this is that yeah....the Dr. tested the remedies against ALL of my infections at once. He wasnt just looking at Lyme and then finding what works...he wasnt picking out any one infection and trying to find what remedy tests best for that infection.

Scott did something like this, although I don't know if he tried all the infections at one time...he tried the combo of my "core" stuff against all the stuff he found and all of it helped.

The Cumanda and the Banderol didn't test well at first, then Russ (his friend) said but she isn't going to take them together, so once split up each one worked well with all the other stuff against all my infections.

Pretty fascinating stuff if you ask me. I want to take more of these, but guess I'll listen to Anna. :(

No more whey protein!

I was going to ask about the goat whey for you...I see a lot of hemp stuff now at WF and have been wondering about it. So you actually have seeds? Do they have to be ground up?

dlp252 Apprentice
My arm didnt get sore at all but then again I'm very physical at work....I use my arms everyday and do alot of lifting. I think thats why I didnt notice.

I'm pretty strong for my size anyway. I used to always ask big guys if they wanna arm wrestle me. :lol:

Just the other day at work the big freezer door in the backroom was jammed and a couple people were both trying to pull on it and get it open. I walked by and one of them asked me if I could open it. The other one (my boss) laughed and said "Oh yeah...like her and her 90 lbs. are really gonna do it" :rolleyes:

:lol: I USED to be strong...I lost a lot of strength in the last year...my arms are my weakest part and my legs are the fattiest. :lol:

I tested badly for dairy products across the board in all the BioSET testing in every panel. I remember doing the Autism/ADD panel and they had casein in there....again I did badly. I thought it was weird that they didnt have gluten in that panel as well. :huh:

They did have metals and all the food dyes, preservatives, stuff like that.

Oh, so much ditto on this post. :( I've always said the dairy was harder to give up than gluten. :(

A triple c.e.R.k. ????????

Wow!!!

You two might meet up before the 10th, but how about we all meet somewhere after work on that Fri the 10th?

Donna, if you can't on 10th, I'm in town thru Tues the 14th.

I'll PM.

Yep, pretty sure I'll be okay for the 10th...I rarely plan stuff on weeknights, so it's not a question of having a previous engagement. :lol: More like if I have enough energy...but, I figure I can at least stay for a little while. :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I was wrong about the LED treatments being done in a specific order. I had thought that they always start with the sulfa and then from there the mercury, then the other metals, and so forth.

I have 5 treatments...sulfa is #1 and mercury is #5.

The Dr. spent some time getting the order of these treatments together and in determining how much can be done in one treatment. He would say something like "This should be #3"....while holding a group against me....and then he would muscle test me to get my body's response.

He would also say stuff like "These can be done together" and then test my arm.

He did it until he got the order just right and making changes along the way.

I asked Scott about the order of treatments....he said the only specific order is that the sulfa almost always comes first. The rest was determined by the Dr. asking my body what it wants and then muscle testing for the answer.

So I guess my body wanted to deal with the other stuff before the mercury.

Also about the mercury...there are 23 different forms of mercury and they are seperated into 3 different LED groups.

The Dr. said that the mercury is definately a major burden.....but its not HUGE in me. He said it needs work...but he said that my body is saying that its ok to do all 3 groups at once....whereas for alot of others he has to do 3-4 treatments to cover all 23 forms of mercury. I am only scheduled for one LED for mercury. :)

tom Contributor
Donna,

I just started having this problem again last night. WTH?? <_<

I'm thinking its something that occurs in our area....dont know what it could be...but its gotta be some local thing slowing everything down. My pages just started loading really slow again as well. :(

Being in same area, you would be at least on the same 'superserver'. (Top level internet) and even w/out same ISP, you could have a lower-hierarchy server in common.

Throwing the server-pc-forum relationship a curveball w/ that "offset st#" url edit I mentioned seems to work.

Donna - it does leave a post or 2 off the page. I would've explained it all the 1st time, but didn't know if anyone would really do the edit.

Since it offsets which post starts the "page" a 2nd edit would be needed to see the posts that are on the real p1399, and not seen on your screen.

We can PM details if desired. It's hard to concisely write exactly what I mean w/out remembering the st#.

(Did it end in 70? Then I'd put 67 and scroll to bottom of resulting "page")

OMG....I'm gluten free, dairy free, grain free, sugar free, soy free, etc, etc.......and NOW I have to be SUDS-FREE too!!! :blink:

Its a heinosity.

NoSuds Spice? Or the reverse SudsySpice . . . . . .

Rachel--24 Collaborator
We talked a little about this yesterday too...he said that's when Amy told him a few other ways to test, so that's what he used on me when I saw him. :) So, thank you! :lol:

Glad I could help!! :lol:

Yeah...he was really trying to figure that one out. He knew Anna was picking up Lyme in me but yet he just couldnt find resonace in my body no matter what he did. He was really curious about what Amy would find and if there was something he wasnt doing.

The first time Amy tested me she didnt pick up the Lyme but she did find Babesia. She did something different and then found the Lyme. So yeah....I think the first thing she did didnt pick up the Lyme....so Scott was probably doing that same thing and wasnt finding it either.

:o 35!!! Wow, I'm astounded...dumbfounded even... I can hardly even imagine, lol.

I know...we'll see how it goes. :unsure:

He asked my body for 40 even but I guess that was too high because then he went back down to 35.

I see a lot of hemp stuff now at WF and have been wondering about it. So you actually have seeds? Do they have to be ground up?

It doesnt seem like seeds to me....I think it must already be somwhat ground up. He has it in bulk so he gave it to me in a plastic baggie....it says "Hemp Nut" on it.

He said he also has it where it ground up into powder but he was all out and he also has hemp oil but was out of that as well. He said the oil is really good for the EFA's.

tom Contributor
I was a true skeptic before having gone through any of this alternative stuff...

Well, scoot over a lil cuz I'm in the same boat.

As much as I like to understand how things work, it was proven to me that I don't *need* to understand something for it to work.

I only went to an acupuncturist out of pure and extreme desperation.

Sister said I looked "gray" at airport.

Then one acupoke session made a 3000% difference. I still don't know if the perceived motion in gut was real or some sort of sensory hallucination. (Couldn't raise head to try to look while 11 needles are in.)

The gut-in-motion feeling happened in many appts, w/ 3 diff acu's.

Anyone had this? :huh::huh:

Betw the magicpuncture & Qi Gong, I can't be a skeptic about what *works* or not ever again.

Sometimes someone touting some procedure has very shaky science in their spiel, imo, and everyone knows I don't mind pointing some out, :) but that doesn't mean the procedure doesn't work.

All the recent kinni. . . . . . .kinesi...... . . . 'arm testing' stories are some of best examples I've ever seen.

It might be a while before I understand it to my satisfaction. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Ok...so heres more info. about LED and the reason the sulfa treatment is so important.

The Dr. said when clearing the toxins they go after all of them. You cant just go after one thing...you gotta clear all of them. They test for all the toxins, residual things from old infections, residuals from vaccinations, other chemical toxins....theres just alot of things that can hang around in the body.

The sulfur/sulfa stuff is mostly repetitive from what I've posted in the past but this is how it applies to the LED treatments.

Sulfur is a critical element for human nutrition.....its very important. A number of the amino acids that our bodies dont make come from foods which conatin sulfur.

Glutathione is made up of 3 amino acids. Its essential for detoxification in the liver....the liver cant detoxify things without glutathione. You can take in additional glutathione....your body can make it, recycle it, reuse it....it treats it like a very valuable substance.

But then there are all these chemicals that are "sulfites" and "sulfates" which interfere with the normal sulfur metabolism in the body.

The things as simple as Sodium Lauryl Sulfate in shampoo, soaps and toothpaste....preservatives in food, dried fruit, salad bars (I think this is banned now), packaged salad mixes, etc.

The majority of the antibiotics in agriculture are sulfa based abx. Eggs, milk, farmed fish....industrial agriculture uses sulfa products all over the place.

He said sometimes it gets so bad that he'll get notices by email that "such and such" dairy company is warning that the levels of sulfites in their milk are so high that he should advise his patients with sulfite allergies to avoid these products for a week or so...until those products sell through.

He said its not a "trivial" amount thats present sometimes in the foods we're eating.

These sulfites get stored in our bodies and mess up the very important metabolism of sulfur in the body...this causes problems with detoxification of metals and everything else.

So with LED they go after the sulfa chemicals that are sitting in the body.

Sulfa = Bad

Sulfur = Good

This is the #1 reason I wanted to do LED when I first read about it....because of the sulfa detox.

Since I've been having so many problems with sulfur foods...and anything containing sulfites. The good sulfur foods dont do me any good right now because the whole sulfur metabolism is messed up and my body reacts to these foods.

I also had all those problems with my sulfur pathway when I was going to BioSET.

Amy had also brought up the sulfa thing with me and felt like because of that I'm probably a perfect candidate for LED.

So yeah...when this Dr. tested me sulfa came up as one of the main things blocking me.

I dont know if the treatment will bring any noticeable improvement for me....but I do think having all these toxins swept from my body should make a difference. :)

I think most people dont notice anything immediately since there are so many toxins stored in the body. Once enough of them get removed I think you then start feeling the improvements.

If the sulfa situation is really that bad for me I wonder how much it actually contributed to this whole picture of toxic build-up. :unsure:

diamondheart Newbie
Oh...I'm also now taking the Magnesium Malate and an herbal supplement called Schizandria.

The Schizandrea is for adrenal exhaustion. I only have to take one bottle and that should be it for the adrenals.

Schizandra is a chinese herb :) . I've seen it in some of my chinese herbal formulas that I take. Usually, there are many chinese herbs in a formula and they work synergistically. That is, the combination of all of them is more powerful than just taking them individually.

I agree on this too. There are plenty of other substitutes for gluten, but have you ever tried the dairy substitutes? Disgusting. Or the "dairy substitutes" have casein in them :blink:, though I seem to be ok with casein. I've gotten used to eating without dairy, but some things are just not the same. Last night, I made pesto, my third cutting of basil from my garden this year :) ! However, I put too many pine nuts in trying to make up for the lack of cheese, and it tasted too much like pine nut butter :ph34r:.

Evolutionarily, I guess Italians used to eat more goat dairy products than cow dairy. I'm so-so with goat dairy, but don't eat it cuz I'm not taking any chances. So many of the Italian foods I grew up with have dairy, so it's really hard to give up without substitutes :( .

I was wrong about the LED treatments being done in a specific order. I had thought that they always start with the sulfa and then from there the mercury, then the other metals, and so forth.

Hmmm, I have neither in my LED treatments right now. Mercury showed up the the muscle testing/ART testing, but not Asyra. So right now, the mercury is not in my LED treatment. After I get all the amalgams removed (tomorrow :o ), I'm supposed be Asyra tested again for mercury. I don't understand why she just doesn't include the mercury with my treatments since it showed up in my muscle testing. I'm confused again :wacko: !

Claire

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Hmmm, I have neither in my LED treatments right now. Mercury showed up the the muscle testing/ART testing, but not Asyra. So right now, the mercury is not in my LED treatment. After I get all the amalgams removed (tomorrow :o ), I'm supposed be Asyra tested again for mercury. I don't understand why she just doesn't include the mercury with my treatments since it showed up in my muscle testing. I'm confused again :wacko: !

I would definately ask her about it. She might be planning for it later but just doing the things that are showing up for you now first. I'm sure the mercury must be an issue since you do have amalgams and it did show up in ART.

Sounds like she is setting up LED accrding to the Asyra results and those might actually show the mercury once you deal with the other things first. It works in layers like that.

dlp252 Apprentice
He said he also has it where it ground up into powder but he was all out and he also has hemp oil but was out of that as well. He said the oil is really good for the EFA's.

Ooooh, got me on the EFAs...since I can't seem to tak e any of the fish-based ones. :) Also think I can't do flax well... :(

Betw the magicpuncture & Qi Gong, I can't be a skeptic about what *works* or not ever again.

Sometimes someone touting some procedure has very shaky science in their spiel, imo, and everyone knows I don't mind pointing some out, :) but that doesn't mean the procedure doesn't work.

Can't say that I've had that, no. :P But yeah, sometimes the way people tout the procedures leaves me very wary...

Evolutionarily, I guess Italians used to eat more goat dairy products than cow dairy. I'm so-so with goat dairy, but don't eat it cuz I'm not taking any chances. So many of the Italian foods I grew up with have dairy, so it's really hard to give up without substitutes :( .

Oh tell me about it again sister! My big Italian family was big on dairy. I've got a picture of me in my highchair at 1 year old or so with a HUGE plate 'o spaghetti in front of my...shoveling it into my mouth...can't have spaghetti without cheese...it is just unheard of.

diamondheart Newbie
As much as I like to understand how things work, it was proven to me that I don't *need* to understand something for it to work.

I only went to an acupuncturist out of pure and extreme desperation.

Sister said I looked "gray" at airport.

Then one acupoke session made a 3000% difference. I still don't know if the perceived motion in gut was real or some sort of sensory hallucination. (Couldn't raise head to try to look while 11 needles are in.)

The gut-in-motion feeling happened in many appts, w/ 3 diff acu's.

I think the gut-in-motion feeling is your chi moving. Chi is energy, also called your life force. There is more and more medical research being done on acupuncture and Chinese medicine. It's fascinating! The medical part of acupuncture and Chinese herbs survived the Mao revolution in China because he saw the benefit of it, but the spiritual aspect of it was crushed. When you go to a hospital in China, everybody gets acupuncture. It's part of their mainstream medical system. I think this is so cool B) . Here, it's this big "alternative" medicine thing. But more and more mainstream doctors are recommending it because of the science behind it, especially when it's something they can't treat with western medicine. I had two doctors recommend Chinese medicine to me when they couldn't help me with my menstrual problems. I just wished I listened to them sooner :ph34r: .

Here's the fascinating thing about acupuncture and the western explanation of the meridians. The acupuncture needles go in along your meridians in your body. For example, you could get an acupuncture needle in your foot that works on your liver. That's because the liver meridian runs down your leg. The needle stimulates your energy in that meridian. It's like plugging in an electrical cord and the energy turning on a light bulb at the end of the cord.

Back to western medicine researching the origins of the meridians... When we are embryos, we start off as a cell, then a ball of cells, then a bigger ball of cells. At some point, the ball of cells differentiate into your different organ systems, central nervous system, etc. How the ball of cells divides into those different organ systems are the lines along where your meridians are. This is from the book "The Infertility Cure":

As the embryo continues to develop, certain cells start to coalesce along what look like fold lines. These fold lines mark the separation of one group of cells from another; they also mark the connection between groups of related cells. As cells continue to differentiate along fold lines, they become the organs and organ systems.

Why is this important? Because remnants of the embryonic folds remain in our bodies even after the organ systems are formed, and modern researchers in Chinese medicine believe that the embryonic folds become energy meridians. These embryonic folds serve as "channels of connection" between apparently separate parts of the body.

I think it's so interesting that I'm using something to try to get pregnant that forms when I was an embryo!

My point is that there are many things about our body that western medicine doesn't "see". Western medicine focuses a lot on the physical, but it misses the energetic systems of our body. These get damaged too, affect our health and need healing. I remember reading this book called, "Hands of Light" by Barbara Ann Brennan. Her whole thing is healing auras. That's about as woo-woo as it gets, but I can feel energy outside my physical body. I'm beginning to wonder if the LED treatments work on that kind of aura healing level <_< ? I'm not really sure.

Claire

tom Contributor
. . . .. Last night, I made pesto, my third cutting of basil from my garden this year :) ! However, I put too many pine nuts in trying to make up for the lack of cheese, and it tasted too much like pine nut butter :ph34r:.

Mmmmmmm homemade pessssssttoooooo :P

I've been making it a couple yrs now and currently use 1/2 cup pine to the big 4oz store-bought bag of basil. The recipes always use 'cups' for leaves but I have no idea how loose to leave them to measure!!

Used a frozen pesto ice-cube just the other night. mmmmmm

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Oh we talked about CD57.

He's one of the Dr.'s that doesnt use it.

He said its not valuable for him...and not because the # doesnt mean something. He said we're already gonna be doing everything he can think of....and so having a CD57 thats less than 100 doesnt change anything.

He said its not like the # is gonna cause him to do anything different with my treatment. He's still gonna do everything the same and advise me on what things to do exactly the same regardless of having a CD57 under 100.

He also said that the other thing hes found is the test tends to correlate pretty well with how you feel. If you feel good...the CD57 is probably up...if you feel bad...its probably down.

He said he looks at lab tests asking himself if the results are going to cause him to do something different....he said with that one it doesnt change anything for him and its expensive so if theres any testing ordered at all....its usually other tests he'd rather do than the CD57.

I tend to disagree with what he said about the results correlating with how a person feels because many times while on abx....or just coming off of abx....a person might feel symptom-free but their CD57 is still low....and then they end up relapsing later.

I dont think the number always correlates with how a person feels. Some people still feel very bad and yet their CD57 is over 100. I think those people are suffering symptoms from other infections or other things going on.

So yeah...thats really the only thing I wasnt in agreement with. I plan on using the CD57 again in the future. I'll use it until I see that its over 150. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Hey Donna,

The Dr. said its a double whammy for us here in the Bay Area....we have more mercury in the environment. He said mercury is a BIG issue here....even if you never had a cavity in your life.

He said if you were to look at the world and map out the levels of mercury in the environment....theres this big red spot over the Bay Area. :o

He said its from old gold mines in this area. So not counting all the dozens of mines up and down the Sierras...but there are 8 sites that drain into the Bay Area that are just old mercury mines.

So yeah...we get more exposure he said. :(

AndreaB Contributor
I tested real bad for cow dairy and this Dr. is very anti-dairy anyway....he said its an unnatural food for us...most people have trouble it...we're the only ones drinking milk outside of our own species, etc. etc.

Tis true.

About the hemp seed. My husband said the cannabis family is like drugs in the body, same thing with poppy seeds. If he ever got pulled over and went through the urine test and was found to have this stuff in his blood they'd consider it as drugs. I've heard of poppy seeds doing that to people.

Sounds like it has a lot of good properties though.

Hee Hee. :lol::lol:

To bad about the railing Scott has taken on lymenet. Why can't people accept that not everyone likes or benefits from the same treatment. :(

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I asked Scott if they test for Parvo, Coxsackie and Hanta virus in ART...because they showed up in my testing on Wednesday.

I never showed any problems with viruses in ART or BioSET.

He said that in ART if viruses (as a group) arent a big stressor....they dont usually go looking for each individual one after that.

He said he has a tester for Parvo and Coxsackie but he doesnt think he has Hanta virus.

So I'm assuming that since ART is looking for the biggest stressors on the autonomic nervous system...its not gonna pick up these smaller things right away. The viruses might have showed up in ART way down the road after many layers.

For LED he's looking for all the infections...even the residuals left over from previous infections. So the Parvo, Coxsackie and Hanta probably arent big players....they just need to get cleaned up.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
About the hemp seed. My husband said the cannabis family is like drugs in the body, same thing with poppy seeds. If he ever got pulled over and went through the urine test and was found to have this stuff in his blood they'd consider it as drugs. I've heard of poppy seeds doing that to people.

Yeah...I've heard about poppy seeds doing that too.

The Dr. said most people test very well for the Hemp.....and he had also said that most people dont test well for dairy. :huh:

So I would have to assume that the hemp must be better for us. :unsure:

He said it was illegal as a food here until 2003....but now there are alot of products out there made from hemp seed. He said WF has a hemp milk but its got rice sugar in it or something. <_<

AndreaB Contributor

I have 5 treatments...sulfa is #1 and mercury is #5.

That's good that mercury can be done in one session. Sometime they don't take too though so keep that in mind.

Is your mom going with you on Friday? I would highly recommend it as this treatment will probably wipe you out. Talitha couldn't hardly walk when she has this one done. I'm seriously debating seeing if Mitch will be able to take off this Thursday since I don't know how Seth and Micah are going to handle this. Talitha's second LED didn't bother her.

I dont know if the treatment will bring any noticeable improvement for me....but I do think having all these toxins swept from my body should make a difference. :)

I think most people dont notice anything immediately since there are so many toxins stored in the body. Once enough of them get removed I think you then start feeling the improvements.

If the sulfa situation is really that bad for me I wonder how much it actually contributed to this whole picture of toxic build-up. :unsure:

I'll be anxiously awaiting your posts on Saturday night or Sunday morning. I think you can talk on a land line phone if you have one, so that might help you.

Last night, I made pesto, my third cutting of basil from my garden this year :) ! However, I put too many pine nuts in trying to make up for the lack of cheese, and it tasted too much like pine nut butter :ph34r:.

I use a can of green olives with the broth (like the black ones, but green) along with 6 cups of basil leaves, pinenuts or cashews and garlic.....maybe salt. I forget the whole recipe but it's pretty good. It calls for yeast flakes which we don't get along with so I've not used those.

I would think the LED treatments would be for what's showing up now with the ASYRA. As Rachel said, it's an onion layer thing, future ASYRA testing will probably reveal that. It didn't come up with Talitha or Seth either but we know it's a problem. It's just behind other things right now.

Oh tell me about it again sister! My big Italian family was big on dairy. I've got a picture of me in my highchair at 1 year old or so with a HUGE plate 'o spaghetti in front of my...shoveling it into my mouth...can't have spaghetti without cheese...it is just unheard of.

My family was big on pasta too. Cheese.......I miss my parmesan for my spaghetti.

Hey Donna,

The Dr. said its a double whammy for us here in the Bay Area....we have more mercury in the environment. He said mercury is a BIG issue here....even if you never had a cavity in your life.

He said if you were to look at the world and map out the levels of mercury in the environment....theres this big red spot over the Bay Area. :o

I'll have to google that and see if I can find anything. Very interesting.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Andrea,

I googled it and found a bunch of stuff. This is from one of the pages I found...

Over the past two centuries there have been dramatic increases in the release and distribution of mercury and its compounds over the earth's surface - in the atmosphere, across the lands and in the oceans and water bodies.

This increase has resulted from anthropogenic activities such as the widespread industrial use and disposal of mercury and its compounds. The global problem this has created is currently being investigated by scientists from many disciplines. This website has been established to coordinate some of the efforts in Northern California and to keep these diverse groups informed of the numerous activities underway to understand the fate of mercury in the environment.

Northern California is unique in at least two ways: (1) it has been a major site of mercury mining and (2) much of the mercury mined was used to process gold in the Sierra Nevada and surrounding areas.

These two activities have resulted in thousands of tons of mercury being released into the environment, much of it being vaporized and/or deposited in nearby watershed areas to become a component of storm runoff carried by rivers and their tributaries and eventually deposited in the sediment within the San Francisco Bay Delta area. :o:o

A great deal of this mercury pollution was initially traced to suspended material carried down Cache Creek, but later studies have determined that other streams and water bodies in the Sacramento River Watershed Area also contribute significantly to the downstream transport of mercury.

The Bay Delta tributaries include an extensive area containing many waterways, some draining regions which have been involved in mercury mining and others draining regions formerly involved in gold and silver mining and processing. The contribution of atmospheric mercury to local pollution of the waterways is also beginning to be better understood and is the subject of current studies.

Different forms of mercury are present in the waterways depending upon the site of origin and the presence of wetlands, reservoirs and estuaries in which the inorganic mercury can be transformed (methylated) into hazardous organic mercury compounds.

These organic compounds are capable of accumulating and biomagnifying in fish and other animals (including humans) and have created a potentially hazardous situation, calling for the posting of fish consumption advisories in Northern California lakes and streams and in downstream areas such as the San Francisco Bay Delta Estuary.

In Summary:

Mercury, gold and silver mining activities in Northern California over the past 150 years have been major contributors to the extensive and varied types of inorganic and organic mercury pollution in the Sacramento River Watershed and the SF Bay Delta Estuary. This website helps to coordinate scientific data, monitoring and remediation activities and relates the information gained in this region to other national and international studies.

Open Original Shared Link

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Is your mom going with you on Friday? I would highly recommend it as this treatment will probably wipe you out.

My mom asked them if I can drive afterward and they said yeah...as long as its not more than 2 hours.

Its only like a 10 minute drive back to my Mom's so I'm sure I'll be ok. The girl said if I was to have a bad reaction or something it would occur while I was there in the office...so they would keep me there longer and do whats necessary to correct it.

The Dr. said the benefit of LED is that starts a cascade of getting these toxins out of the body. So it moves things along alot faster.

The downside is that they have to be very careful in terms of protecting the patient....covering the bases so that you dont get sick from the mobilization of the toxins.

He said they have it pretty well worked out as they've been doing it long enough now.

If it was a long drive it might be too much for me if I'm tired but its real close. :)

Archived