This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel-

thank you for the update. I hope i am on your email list (i think i am) .

Mia....yup you are on my list. :)

Have you decided what you're going to do about your vacation? Its such a tough decision...I know its hard because you get kind of torn. :(

I've pretty much backed out of everything....always fearing the worst. I think I'm just too sensitive right now to actually enjoy myself and then it just becomes more obvious to me that I'm severly limited in what I can do...and what I can eat. I tend to get depressed when that happens. :(

The part about being in the fresh air and the mountains sounds really relaxing though and since you'll be with family it might actually be good for you. The food stuff makes it dificult but I'm sure it could be worked out.

The main thing is that if you wanna go dont let the planning get you stressed out...that in itself can make you feel worse. Just try to relax and make the best of it if you do decide to go. It might be the stress that prevents you from having the bm's when your away from home.

Whatever you decide I'm sure it will be the best thing for you. Only you know what you're ready to handle right now. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Rachel,

I pretty much backout of everything, too. My health is so bad, I do not know if I can deal with it. The anti-nausea medication makes me so tired, I barely can function when I take it. It is better than puking all over the place, though. There are times I primarily take it as a precaution.

You just cannot make plans when you are chronically ill. There is too much to worry about. No one else understands this. If they had to live like this for one day, most of them would have blown their head off already! They are not strong like us!

Dear Claire,

You are right. The Hanta Virus is transmitted through mouse excrement. Oh yes, more scat talk everyone! It is a very dangerous disease. Luckily, it is not too common. I wonder how you got it?

Dear Andrea,

I was talking to someone who thought her husband might be allergic to chocolate. She said he is fine with dairy. She thought he got glutened. The candy bars she told me he became sick from were ones I have never had a problem with. I think it was probably something other than the chocolate, though. They have so many different things in them.

Sincerely,

Jin

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Dear Claire,

You are right. The Hanta Virus is transmitted through mouse excrement. Oh yes, more scat talk everyone! It is a very dangerous disease. Luckily, it is not too common. I wonder how you got it?

I know I've been exposed to mice before. I've seen them at work...they sometimes sneak in the back door looking for food and then sort of hide out. Exterminators have to get called in...set up traps and all that. Not too long ago there was a smashed one right in the middle of the floor...I think he came in on a pallet and then got smashed when the pallet got set down.

One time when I worked in produce I was working a case of yams...just reaching in the box and grabbing the yams and this mouse totally flew out of the box! :blink:

It was a brand new store too...grand opening...people everywhere. This mouse got shipped in with this box of yams....jumped out...and then was running across the produce dept! EEEK. :o

Then during the first couple years I lived in my house they were still building all around me....tearing up fields to put new homes and all these mice started coming in under the little crack in the door going into the garage.

Next thing I knew there was a whole FAMILY of mice living in my garage!! I found all these babies....a bunch of them...their eyes werent even open yet. It was really sad but I couldnt just let them live there. :(

We took them out to the field but they were too young to survive without their mother.

Anyways...they were living there....eating the dog food and they got into a cabinet and were living in the drawers. There was poop all over the place. I had to clean it all....maybe I got infected?? :huh:

I dunno...but I didnt get sick or anything. :unsure:

Anyways I put a strip on the bottom of the door and no mice ever came back. B)

I will have to read more about Hanta virus. :rolleyes:

AndreaB Contributor
One time when I worked in produce I was working a case of yams...just reaching in the box and grabbing the yams and this mouse totally flew out of the box! :blink:

It was a brand new store too...grand opening...people everywhere. This mouse got shipped in with this box of yams....jumped out...and then was running across the produce dept! EEEK. :o

EEEK!! is right!!!! :o

diamondheart Newbie

I need some help with chlorella. I just ran out of my bottle and I'm getting the rest of my amalgams removed Monday morning :angry: . My ART lady won't get anymore until Monday. What an inopportune time to run out!

Anyhoo, can anyone recommend a brand that's good that I can buy at WF or somewhere else? I just never know which brand to get. It's sooo confusing :wacko: .

Claire

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Rachel,

I have a hard time killing mice. I just cannot do it. I have been exposed to them as well. We had some at various times during the winter. They were so cute!

I always was better at setting the traps, but made Dad start doing it, because it is so sad that we have to kill them just for trying to survive. :( I know how unsanitary it is to keep them around. The humane traps did not work, so we had no choice but to do the others. You sure have had a bunch of encounters with them! I have only had them here in the house.

Dear Andrea,

I am not afraid of the mice. I think they know I do not want to hurt them. It is sort of part of my faith. Harm none includes animals. I try not to kill any creature unless it is absolutely necessary.

Dear Claire,

I wish I could help with the chlorella. I do not know as much as other people here do. I have not used it. I do not know if I would tolerate it. My system is so strange.

Dear Everyone,

Today was my 4th anniversary of my gallbladder removal! I need to do something special. I have no idea what. Gallbladder cookies? It might sound silly to everyone else, but who cares? There is only ten minutes left in the day, so I doubt I will get to celebrate before midnight! :lol:

Sincerely,

Jin

AndreaB Contributor
Today was my 4th anniversary of my gallbladder removal! I need to do something special. I have no idea what. Gallbladder cookies? It might sound silly to everyone else, but who cares? There is only ten minutes left in the day, so I doubt I will get to celebrate before midnight! :lol:

Doesn't sound silly at all. Hope you can figure out some treat you can have to celebrate. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

NaomiL Newbie

Did you guys get better? Was it the msg? I can't believe there are 1400 pgs, I was on pg. 14 and realized it, no way I can read the whole thing.

We tested gluten intolerant with some other allergies to things, but I can't seem to feed my daughter processed anything and she does react to corn and sugar and I'm thinking the msg in everything even the brown rice syrup because she didn't act well after a lot of cereal that's just rice and rice syrup. I call her jekyl and hyde from the dramatic behavior shifts, she's only 3.

We think just eating fruits and veggies and growing our own and knowing the farmer is our only hope in avoiding the msg stuff. It's nice it's summer time because we are getting all kinds of yummy stuff.

When you eat an arctic queen white nectarine you don't feel bummed you can't eat all the processed junk.

Anyway just wondering if your feeling better and if it was the msg and what foods you find to be safe.

Thank you,

Naomi

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Dr Lee Cowden: Lyme Borreliosis May Be the Root Cause of Many Chronic Illnesses

Although many Lyme patients have had success with long-term antibiotics, Lee Cowden, MD, integrative medical researcher and physician, believes many patients being treated with antibiotics recover completely for months or years only to suffer a recurrence.

"Lyme disease is an epidemic in this country," says Dr. Cowden. He believes most of the diseases "that are considered incurable by conventional medicine have some kind of Lyme component." Many chronically ill people have Lyme as a factor.

Dr. Cowden not only suspects Lyme bacteria as a root cause for autoimmune diseases, he also lists neuro-degenerative diseases, cardiovascular diseases, cardiac-arrhythmias, gastrointestinal diseases, Multiple Sclerosis, ALS, Parkinson's, ADHD, and autism. "I've found that if you can start working on the Lyme and the toxins, then a lot of these labels go away," he says.

Dr. Cowden says that through the studies he has discovered the following:

... antibiotics do seem to work fairly well in a lot of patients. But, if they've had the illness for longer than six weeks, the chance of antibiotics getting rid of the infection, in my experience, is prett unlikely, pretty remote. So, they're basically just guaranteeing that they'll stay on antibiotics for the rest of their life. The problem with staying on the standard pharmaceutical antibiotics long-term is that you kill off the friendly bacteria in your gut, and you cause an overgrowth of fungus in your gut, so then you trade one problem for another.

In the pilot study in 2003, we used Samento quite a bit, and still use it. But we've found that there are some other herbal therapies that have been brought from Peru by Nutramedix that work just as well or better than Samento.

Cumanda is an extremely powerful anti-Lyme treatment, as well as an excellent anti-fungal and also is a pretty good anti-viral and antiparasitic. So you eliminate a lot of different bugs with one therapy. It's a different philosophy than the philosophy used by conventional medicine, which is one bug, one drug. So if you have six bugs, you have six drugs.

Now, besides Cumanda we have Banderol, which is a very powerful herbal

antimicrobial from Peru also through Nutramedix, and Quina, which has been used in Peru for many centuries for treatment for malaria, but is also an excellent anti-Lyme treatment as well as a pretty good anti-fungal and anti-parasitic.

I guess the most important thing we've learned since the pilot study is that if you don't continue to work on getting the physical toxins out of the body, the few remaining microbes that can survive the

aggressive therapy with herbals or pharmaceuticals, or whatever is used, those surviving microbes will usually regrow and form a completely new population of Lyme-related microbes in the body because of the toxins stimulating their regrowth.

So, it's so critically important, in my opinion, to work as hard on getting the toxins out of the body as on working on getting the microbes out of the body. The worst culprits usually are the heavy metals. The most common source or heavy metals that I see usually is mercury from the silver mercury amalgam fillings in people's teeth.

The simple act of chewing releases mercury back into the body, where it stimulates the growth of Borrelia and other microbes, and where, additionally, it "blocks the release of other toxins, including other metals, pesticides, solvents, herbicides and so on," says Dr. Cowden.

He urges Lyme patients to have amalgam fillings removed "in a very cautious and methodical way. Then, once the mercury is removed from the teeth, the patient must gear up the detoxification for mercury, so that the mercury can be removed from the body over time."

Mercury is just one issue that predisposes patients to microbial growth and poisons their systems. Other metals such as aluminum, bauxite, and copper are also found in high levels in Lyme patients. Pesticides from household use and from conventionally produced meats, and petroleum by-products from skin care products and cosmetics represent further challenges.

Once you get a lot of that toxic load out, then it becomes easy to get

rid of the microbes.

The other thing we've learned since the study is that enzymes are critically important in breaking up the fibrin that covers over the bugs and hides them from the immune system. The fibrin is a protein produced by the body in response to infectious illnesses. And those bugs can hide very well if the fibrin is coating them over, but if you give a proteolytic enzyme about thirty minutes before food with water only, a couple of times a day, enough of that enzyme gets absorbed and breaks down the fibrin coating on the surface of the bug so that the immune system can find them and get rid of them.

In addition to that, the fibrin that is being produced gets plastered up against the capillary walls, the blood vessel walls, and restricts the movement of oxygen into the tissues. So the tissues become oxygen-starved, and start producing lactic acid and go into anaerobic metabolism and create all kinds of other trouble from that. So the proteolytic enzymes have been very helpful to resolve that.

I use bromelain as a proteolytic enzyme. Bromelain is derived from pineapple. And also I use Carnivora, which is derived from Venus Flytrap. These two seem to be fairly well-tolerated and not likely contaminated and not very allergenic. A lot of the other enzymes that are on the market are either contaminated or allergenic. But those two work really well.

We've found that if you rotate remedies, that you're less likely for the microbes to develop sensitivity or resistance to the treatment, and [it's] less likely for the patient to develop an allergy or sensitivity to it."

In 2001, Dr. Cowden co-developed a technique to remove toxins using the principle of complex homeopathy and laser, called cold laser therapy. "That's been a great advance in getting the toxins out of the body, and the doctors I've taught how to do that are very impressed with their results," he says.

"Unfortunately, there are so few doctors in the country who are trained in that technique that there are more people wanting it than doctors who can deliver it." Dr. Cowden currently leads seminars for physicians who want to learn how to use cold laser therapy for faster detoxification.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

This is all from a really good (but long) Townsend article.

Open Original Shared Link

Alot of what is mentioned above are things the Dr. talked to me about. The stuff I highlighted in blue are changes in my protocol.

I still test ok for Samento......however, I tested better for Cumanda and Banderol. They were far more effective against the infections.

They will be added in at the appropriate time according to my LED sessions. First Banderol and then the Cumanda....right now I'm still taking Samento.

He talked to me about the fibrin as well. He said when we have infections (like Lyme) and our bodies cant get rid of them...it ends up trying to "bury" them under layers and layers of fibrin.

So we have to break down the fibrin with absorbable enzymes. I dont tolerate any enzymes though. :(

He said the most commonly used ones I would never tolerate because they're made from soy. I cant tolerate pineapple either....so that rules out the Bromelain. The only one I could take is the Carnivora.....from Venus Flytrap. He said probably the only reason I'm not allergic to it is that I've never seen it before. :rolleyes:

So I'll also be taking the Carnivora when it comes time to add that in. :)

Those are a few of the changes for me.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Did you guys get better? Was it the msg? I can't believe there are 1400 pgs, I was on pg. 14 and realized it, no way I can read the whole thing.

Anyway just wondering if your feeling better and if it was the msg and what foods you find to be safe.

Hi Naomi,

Well...we are still working on getting better..... I'm much closer than I was 1400 pages ago. :D

That seems almost a lifetime ago! We've discovered alot since then and most here are now being treated for things like Lyme Disease, mercury toxicity, candida, mold issues, viruses, etc.

Some of us have all of these issues.

MSG is just one of many toxic things I react to. My body just got overloaded with toxins and the scales tipped in the wrong direction...my immune system just couldnt handle the heavy load.

I got sick after some work on my fillings so mercury is a big issue for me but all this other stuff comes along with it. Some of the infections I have were most likely there for years but my immune system was handling them and I was never sick.

The mercury was kind of the straw that broke the camels back....my detox system was slowed down and toxins just accumulated in my body at a faster rate.

One thing led to another...yeast overgrowth, leaky gut, food intolerance, chemical sensitivity....everything just started piling up and I got more and more sensitive to things. :(

I dont find many foods that are safe for me....I pretty much react to everything but I do best with grass-fed organic beef, potatoes, frozen peas, frozen asparagus, applesauce....thats pretty much it.

Sometimes I eat other things but usually I'll get some type of reaction. Dairy is real bad for me so there is no possibility for that right now.....also my highest sensitivity is to molds...extremely sensitive to molds.

The mold thing wipes out all grains, most fresh fruits and veggies, nuts, nut butters, anything fermented, etc, etc. Most of the foods I have noticeable reactions to are because of mold.

I'm just in the beginning stages of treatment for removal of mercury and other toxins as well as treatment for the infections.

Overall I feel pretty good.....just sensitive to everything.....not just foods but *everything*. Its gonna remain this way until I start getting rid of these toxins.

Once I start actually detoxing this stuff the sensitivities should decrease and the Dr.'s say I'll be able to eat most foods again. :)

Before this happened I could eat anything...I was never sensitive to foods or anything else....it just kind of hit me all at once. :blink:

dlp252 Apprentice
So here is where i need your opinions next weekend is this annual family vacation we take its just 4 days and we drive so no flying but for me even though there is no flying (which kills me) but anytime i go away even without flying my bathroom suffers- as in i don't go. SO i decided I just did not want to go- i know this will mar the trip for everyone else I only told my dad and he already was talking about not going for the whole time so he woulden't be leaving me alone. I don't want to ruin everyones trip and Yes of course i want to go.

On top of the bathroom, there is the issue of food. Iw ill ahve to pack everything and basically be cooking out of my hotel room- not fun!!! I ahve had to do this the last few years we went on this trip but it is always stressful figuring out what to bring (i don't have a full kitchen which i need for alot of the stuff i make)

So there is the bathroom, the stress of the food, and just the idea of possibly causing a set back which i really cannpt afford right now. But I also feel so frustrated becasue i think i deserve a vacation and to spend time with my niece and nephew (whcich would be good for my mental health they are amazing) . Also i live in the city- hello polution- car fumes , flying toxins ,dirty air, etc. And i would be going up to the mountains- FResh air!!!!!!!(that could really help me.

AHHHHHHH......I don't know what to do and i need to decide becasue or else they have to cancel my room and stuff.

Well, I know for me, I had to weigh the negatives against the positives for my upcoming trip. Traveling always does change my bathroom habits, but fortunately for me, the D always comes back (who'd a thought I'd say something like that :lol: ), so I don't have to worry much about that...I DO usually miss a day or two though.

This time I think I plan on taking a little cooler and packing it in my checked luggage. I'm going to put in the organic turkey slices I buy at WFs, maybe some hard boiled eggs and maybe some other stuff I make up before hand. We have a very short flight since we cruise out of LA, so I'm thinking the cooler will keep stuff cool until I get it to the room. The staterooms have little refrigerators so once I get there I'll be set. I won't need to heat up any of it. I'm constantly hungry and by bringing my own stuff I won't have to rely on the buffet which is ALWAYS a gamble.

Now about the setback. I know that I got REALLY sick after my trip in December...started getting really worn out while ON the trip, and could barely function in Disneyworld, but had a great time anyway...but got really sick when I got back. Missed a whole week of work... Still, I AM glad I went. I'm not sure how much of that was a permanent setback though.

I guess I'm not gonna be much help. I can see it both ways. I hate it when people try and encourage me to do things I can't handle, so I can't just say "go for it".

Aw Patti, I'm not Mia, but you're always a help no matter what you say!

I might look into adding some other things like chlorella or epsom salt in the shower... a couple other things I'm forgetting too... I read mixed things about people trying the epsom salt baths as it seems to leave some people very achy or tired, possibly from drawing out/stirring up too many toxins when their bodies aren't ready for it... the rest of the detox things I'm considering and have already implemented seem much more benign across the board so I might leave the epsom salt on the backburner for now...

and last but not least, it looks like I'll be probably be joining you nutsos (said with nothing but affection of course B) ) in getting some type of muscle testing done... not ART, bioset, or NAET or anything I've heard of in this area... but it seems to involve some type of biofeedback testing and computer integrated component from talking with my LLMD and reading a little info about it...

that about sums it up for now, I'll probably add some other stuff later... oh, and of all the things I've seen suggested and people try in this thread, bouncing on a trampoline might just take the cake for things I'd never guess would have been suggested to help detoxify... not that girls bouncing on a trampoline is a bad thing of course... but I'm gonna stop before I get myself in trouble on this one...

Wow, sorry for your step backwards!

I was a true skeptic before having gone through any of this alternative stuff...so far everything has been right on...I was just talking to Scott about that yesterday. He said even HE was a skeptic at first.

And re the trampoline ... :lol: ... Yes, I've just heard that bouncing stimulates the lymph system to drain... :lol: It seems to be working well for me. :lol:

They're basically used for making suds....a foaming agent.....cuz we're a nation thats addicted to suds. We needs suds or we think we're not getting clean.

Its soooo true too!! When I use the chemical free stuff...there is no suds...and I'm using like half a bottle cuz I dont feel like its doing anything!

OMG....I'm gluten free, dairy free, grain free, sugar free, soy free, etc, etc.......and NOW I have to be SUDS-FREE too!!!

:o Okay, I had some shampoo (California Baby I think) which hardly suds up at all, so I stopped buying it, lol. I use Fructis which suds like crazy! :o I use castile soap to wash my hands and to bathe, but it has suds to.

With ART I have never had my own arm tested. When Scott tested me he had someone assisting him. That person had one hand on my body at all times and HIS arm was tested...Scott was testing his arm to get the response from my autonomic nervous system.

Oddly, Scott and I talked about this yesterday. I was telling him that when her first tested me I was a bit skeptical because he found lyme when Anna didn't, and that he found exactly the same co-infections that he had...so I was thinking he must have picked up some of his energy. (WE had been discussing some of the threads on LymeNet about the alternative testing haters over there.) Anway, he said that's the reason why they have the neutral person between. The neutral person touches me, then Scott tests the neutral persons arm, so that takes out the possibility of picking up his own stuff.

Some people on LN were saying that he could guess from my supplements and initial paperwork what my issues probably were, and he said that's why he stopped checking the supplements first. In my case he didn't look at them until AFTER he had tested me for stuff.

Some people on LN were saying that my own beliefs about what I have could affect the outcome, but when I went to see him (and I told him this yesterday) I did NOT believe I had lyme, so that can't be true either, and even after he told me I did have it, I didn't believe it until I had the bloodwork done.

Ok Donna. This is the second post on page 1399. I quoted the whole thing so you can pick what you want to search on. It seemed to have enough choices.....the starbucks drink or the stress stuff.

Thank you!

I think know to get around this by fiddling w/ the url.

I think it's just betw your pc & server.

The url for this page (well, 1400 anyway), is

http:// www .glutenfreeforum.com/index.php?showtopic=16736&st=20985

It worked. Odd thing is that I had read some of the posts on that page, but couldn't get all of them. I totally missed mia's and charlie's posts too.

I need some help with chlorella. I just ran out of my bottle and I'm getting the rest of my amalgams removed Monday morning My ART lady won't get anymore until Monday. What an inopportune time to run out!

Almost in the same boat...BioSET didn't have any yesterday when I was there...fortunatley last time I was there I bought like 5 bottles. I still have three left, but will open one of those today. They last me about a week each. I also need to figure out which one I can buy at WF to supplement these times when she runs out (it happens a lot unfortunately).

Hi Naomi! I am feeling better than I did when I joined this thread. I have a little more energy...my dizzyness has all but gone away. I'm sleeping slightly better. Some of the things that remain are joint pain which seems to come and go, stiff achey neck, diarrhea, exhaustion (although I have periods of high energy which is new). It's a slow process I think, but I'm getting better all the time. I was found to have lyme disease, mold toxicity, metals toxicity, vitamin/mineral imbalances, candida, bacterial and viral infections.

Cumanda is an extremely powerful anti-Lyme treatment, as well as an excellent anti-fungal and also is a pretty good anti-viral and antiparasitic. So you eliminate a lot of different bugs with one therapy. It's a different philosophy than the philosophy used by conventional medicine, which is one bug, one drug. So if you have six bugs, you have six drugs.

antimicrobial from Peru also through Nutramedix, and Quina, which has been used in Peru for many centuries for treatment for malaria, but is also an excellent anti-Lyme treatment as well as a pretty good anti-fungal and anti-parasitic.

I use bromelain as a proteolytic enzyme. Bromelain is derived from pineapple. And also I use Carnivora, which is derived from Venus Flytrap. These two seem to be fairly well-tolerated and not likely contaminated and not very allergenic. A lot of the other enzymes that are on the market are either contaminated or allergenic. But those two work really well.

We've found that if you rotate remedies, that you're less likely for the microbes to develop sensitivity or resistance to the treatment, and [it's] less likely for the patient to develop an allergy or sensitivity to it."

Yeah, I'm taking Banderol and Cumanda (rotating them---two weeks on one then two weeks on the other). Scott was the one who told me about these. So far they seem to sit well with me, although Anna told me I could only use 5 drops twice a day...I was taking 10 twice a day with no ill affects. I'll have to check out Carnivora, cuz I haven't found an enzyme yet that I can tolerate.

dlp252 Apprentice

Oh and about the Epsom Salt baths...I'm wondering if limiting the time in the bath would help. I can rarely stay in longer than 10 minutes...after that I seem to feel really drained...I don't know, just a thought that came to me. Since it's detox, I'm wondering if limiting the time, like for instance Rachel had to limit her sauna time, would be beneficial...maybe slowly working up to longer times, or if it just doesn't work that way with Epsom since it's a mineral (or whatever :lol: ).

miamia Rookie

thanks everyone for your helpful responses. I know food wise i could do it i ahve done it before - i am very crafty- i realized yesturday its not what to eat that is the problem it is being in a place i love where i used to go to when i was healthy and being sick there. I have done it for a few years in a row the year before i got through it last year i ahd to come home early becasue i got terribly sick and had to have an emergency doc appt.

I think overall i could probably be ok but it is so hard emotionally to be there - every year i say ok this is the last year it will be this bad and it just seems to get worse. I feel like Emotionally it might be really hard on me.

jerseyangel Proficient
thanks everyone for your helpful responses. I know food wise i could do it i ahve done it before - i am very crafty- i realized yesturday its not what to eat that is the problem it is being in a place i love where i used to go to when i was healthy and being sick there. I have done it for a few years in a row the year before i got through it last year i ahd to come home early becasue i got terribly sick and had to have an emergency doc appt.

I think overall i could probably be ok but it is so hard emotionally to be there - every year i say ok this is the last year it will be this bad and it just seems to get worse. I feel like Emotionally it might be really hard on me.

I really understand, Mia. :)

jerseyangel Proficient
Oh and about the Epsom Salt baths...I'm wondering if limiting the time in the bath would help. I can rarely stay in longer than 10 minutes...after that I seem to feel really drained...I don't know, just a thought that came to me. Since it's detox, I'm wondering if limiting the time, like for instance Rachel had to limit her sauna time, would be beneficial...maybe slowly working up to longer times, or if it just doesn't work that way with Epsom since it's a mineral (or whatever :lol: ).

Well, I think in your case, that makes sense because you're doing other things to detox. Maybe like a cumulitive effect? :huh:

I have a whole bottle of Dead Sea Bath Salts--and I'm afraid to use them :lol: After reading your account, I am definately limiting my bath to 10 minutes. When I take it.

diamondheart Newbie

We tested gluten intolerant with some other allergies to things, but I can't seem to feed my daughter processed anything and she does react to corn and sugar and I'm thinking the msg in everything even the brown rice syrup because she didn't act well after a lot of cereal that's just rice and rice syrup. I call her jekyl and hyde from the dramatic behavior shifts, she's only 3.

We think just eating fruits and veggies and growing our own and knowing the farmer is our only hope in avoiding the msg stuff. It's nice it's summer time because we are getting all kinds of yummy stuff.

When you eat an arctic queen white nectarine you don't feel bummed you can't eat all the processed junk.

Thank you,

Naomi

Hi Naomi,

After 1400 pages, I think a lot of us are still working on it! We're helping each other figure it out here, and realizing it's much more complicated than just an intolerance to gluten.

Yeah, processed foods are really bad. I think if you just stay away from processed foods or minimize them, that will help a lot. If you do have to eat processed foods, buy them from an organic or natural foods vendor. You're less likely to run into problems with msg, and other problematic fillers, like the mysterious "modified food starch". I feel much better when I eat whole, organic, home cooked foods.

Feel free to jump in on the page we are on. No need to read all the past posts!

Yeah, I'm taking Banderol and Cumanda (rotating them---two weeks on one then two weeks on the other). Scott was the one who told me about these. So far they seem to sit well with me, although Anna told me I could only use 5 drops twice a day...I was taking 10 twice a day with no ill affects. I'll have to check out Carnivora, cuz I haven't found an enzyme yet that I can tolerate.

After I asked about the Sarmento, I cranked up to about 15 drops twice a day. I think that was too fast, as my stools got a bit loose :ph34r: . I took a few days off it to see if that was what was bothering me. I think it was. I'll start again today.

Anyone else have any suggestions for buying chlorella at a store bought place? We have a pharmacy here called Pharmaca, which is kinda as Whole Foods is to Safeway, Pharmaca is to Walgreens. I have found some brands there that are only carried by my health care practitioners, like Pure Encapsulations. My local one is a bit smaller, so I might have to go to the bigger Pharmaca downtown to find more brands of chlorella. I'm just not sure if it matters all that much which brand you buy. I know with some supplements it does, but not with others.

Claire

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Some people on LN were saying that he could guess from my supplements and initial paperwork what my issues probably were, and he said that's why he stopped checking the supplements first. In my case he didn't look at them until AFTER he had tested me for stuff.

Some people on LN were saying that my own beliefs about what I have could affect the outcome, but when I went to see him (and I told him this yesterday) I did NOT believe I had lyme, so that can't be true either, and even after he told me I did have it, I didn't believe it until I had the bloodwork done.

Yeah...I read that thread too. Some people over there are real negative. :rolleyes:

With everything I've done.....not just ART...they never look at my supplements first. When I first saw Anna she did all the testing of my supplements last.

Scott also tested my supplements last...as did Amy and this new Dr. didnt even test all of my supplements. It was the last thing we did.....we had already went over our time so he just tested some of the more critical ones or ones that I wasnt sure about. He had already tested some of them (like Samento) which he had there in one of the vials.

When I saw Scott I had told him that Anna *does* pick up Lyme....that she says its there as I test for alot of whats in the panel.

He was NOT able to find Lyme....nor was he able to find any co-infections. He said he was getting some very slight indication that it might be there but then it would be gone....like it was really weak.

He tried to pick it up...he tested me every which way and did not clearly find Lyme. He wrote on my paperwork that even though it didnt show up he wouldnt rule it out since it shows up in Anna's testing. He wanted to see what Amy's results would be.

So yeah...I went in there saying that I *do* test for Lyme and yet he did not pick it up....even though his experience was that almost everyone he sees whos chronically ill does test for Lyme.

Amy also did not get a very strong or very clear resonance when she first started testing me. She *was* able to find it but its not showing up strong and my entire body is clear of it...except my head/brain.

The Aspergillus and Candida show up strong in all the testing I've done. So strong in BioSET that Anna had me doing bloodwork for these ones.

I still need to schedule with Anna and see what my last antibody test for the yeast and other leaky gut stuff looks like.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Donna....he dosed me at 35 drops for each!! :blink:

He muscle tested to get the dosage. I never took this much Samento but I did get close to 20 drops a day and never felt anything. My body might be able to tolerate it...we'll see. Like Amy and Anna.....he doesnt want me taking the drops w/out first letting them sit in warm water for awhile.

Claire....I dont have any recommendations on the Chlorella as I didnt do well with any of the brands I tried. :(

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Whats interesting to me about this is that yeah....the Dr. tested the remedies against ALL of my infections at once. He wasnt just looking at Lyme and then finding what works...he wasnt picking out any one infection and trying to find what remedy tests best for that infection.

Instead he had ALL of my infections and was testing to see what would work best for all of them. So instead of taking 7 different things....I'm taking two which covers everything.

I'll probably also be taking something in addition for the yeast....it wont be the Nystatin but he wanted to test some other things for me....he would like to try caprylic acid instead but that will be coming up later.

He also replaced the Burbur detox with Pinella. I test equally well for Burbur and Pinella so they would both work for me but he said Pinella works really well on the brain....and removing toxins in the brain. It cleans the nerves in the brain. Since I have alot of toxins in that location and I've got brainfog he said Pinella will be better for me.

He said I dont need to continue with the Burbur because they both do the same things...but I think I will still take some Burbur as well. :)

Herea list I found that gives a description of what each remedy does.

Adrenal Support replenishes the adrenal glands restoring normal function.

Amantilla Relax relieves stress and anxiety and aids sleep.

Algas Metal Detox mobilizes heavy metals out of the interior of the cells.

Burbur Detox aids detoxification of the liver, kidneys, lymphatic system, and the ground matrix.

Carnivora is a proteolytic enzyme that dissolves the fibrin coating around harmful microbes, helping the immune system identify and eradicate them.

Chlorella binds heavy metals and boosts the immune system.

Cumanda is an anti-inflammatory, broad-spectrum antiviral, antiparasitic, antibacterial, and antifungal, effective against Borrelia burgdorferi and the co-infections.

Magnesium Malate helps maintain normal cardiovascular, muscle, nerve, bone, and cellular function.

Parsley Detox-aids detoxification of the liver, kidneys, lymphatic system, and the ground matrix.

Pinella Brain/Nerve Cleanse eliminates neurotoxins.

Quina is an anti-inflammatory, broad-spectrum antibacterial and antiprotozoal, effective against Borrelia burgdorferi and the co-infections.

Samento is an immune system modulator, anti-inflammatory, broad-spectrum antibacterial, effective against Borrelia burgdorferi and the co-infections.

Trace Minerals Relax restores depleted mineral stores in the body, helps correct tissue acidity, aids in relaxation, aids in hydration, and enhances the effect of the antimicrobials.

Oh...I'm also now taking the Magnesium Malate and an herbal supplement called Schizandria.

The Schizandrea is for adrenal exhaustion. I only have to take one bottle and that should be it for the adrenals.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
i realized yesturday its not what to eat that is the problem it is being in a place i love where i used to go to when i was healthy and being sick there.

Mia,

I totally understand how you feel. I know we've talked about it before...its hard to go and then not be able to enjoy it the same as you once did. I do get set-backs when I do certain things....its not usually a physical set-back but I do tend to get the emotional set-backs. :(

I also always say that this will be the *last* year that I'll feel this way....so I can totally relate to everything you're saying.

I do think that this will be the last year you feel this bad. You're really just starting out with the treatment....prior to now you didnt have alot of help....which is why you've felt worse each year.

I think next year you will go and you will be able to enjoy yourself without all these worries. :)

AndreaB Contributor

Hi Naomi!

My children have a lot of varied food intolerances and I've just started the ART/ASYRA with them.

Multiple food intolerances can come from many things so you may want to check out some alternative testing like the ART/ASYRA to see what's up.

Between my children's first testing we are dealing with metals, pesticides, plastics, candida, vaccine reactions and compounds of foods off the top of my head.

Mia,

Next year will definately be better as you've started treatments with a doctor who can help you.

Donna,

I don't know about the epsom salt baths.

Claire,

I don't know about the chlorella.

Rachel,

Thanks for the info. :)

Hi Patti!:)

jerseyangel Proficient
Instead he had ALL of my infections and was testing to see what would work best for all of them. So instead of taking 7 different things....I'm taking two which covers everything.

I think this is very wise. :)

Hi Andrea :D

tom Contributor
Dear tom,

The SJ Jazz Fest is next month already? That is sooner that I thought. It is the other festival you go to in September.

Yay SJjazz! 2 wks from today is last day of fest.

Yes StrawberryMusicFest is Sep.

I should've gotten something in the mail by now dangit. Then again, I'm not sure when I last bothered to *check* the mail! :blink:

Dear Charlie, . . . . . .

. . . . . ROTFLMAO! :lol: Women on trampolines are good! It is not our fault we are such magestic creatures!

This topic reminds me of The Man Show. Jimmy Kimmel's sure come a long way since an every-show segment w/ bikini'd women on trampolines!

And yes Jin, it's not your fault at all!! :lol:

For men, it's blessedly our benefit.

I'll never get how any man could ever argue against a benevolent God, having provided such glorious creatures. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator

and heres something else new for me.

No more whey protein! :o

I tested real bad for cow dairy and this Dr. is very anti-dairy anyway....he said its an unnatural food for us...most people have trouble it...we're the only ones drinking milk outside of our own species, etc. etc.

He said we dont always feel the symptoms but our immune systems can be agitated and there can also be autoimmune stuff that develops.

Then he talked about the autoimmune stuff...why does our own body begin to attack its own tissue, etc.

He said theres an increasing understanding that the immune reaction begins as a legitimate response to something that is bad for us.

It was just published last year that studies showed that milk is a cause for Type 1 Diabetes.... antibodies are developed which then destroy the pancreas.

The antibodies destroying the pancreas arose originally as a reaction to milk. A low level allergic reaction was formed against the whey or casein in the milk.

Then there is the "antigen" (casein) and there is also the antibody which the immune system is producing against it. Those two things together form a unit which is called "antigen antibody complex".

That complex is floating around in the body and then the immune system sees *that* as another foreign thing and then makes another antibody against that.

Now the immune system is also attacking the "antigen antibody complex" but that complex happens to look just like the eyelet cells of the pancreas. So then the immune system goes and attacks those cells in the pancreas....destroying them.

So he said the antibodies formed against my thyroid may very well have originated as a legitimate immune response to some toxin, infection, vaccine....something like that.

That was already my belief about how autoimmune disease develops but I had never heard of the studies linking dairy to Diabetes. :huh:

So yeah....he doesnt want me eating dairy because my body doesnt like it. He said the proteins are what causes the immune response and he doesnt see how it would be good for me to take the whey protein. :(

As an alternative he wants me taking Hemp Seed every day. :huh:

He said its one of the only vegetable foods which contains all the essential amino acids. He said its also got the essential fatty acids that my body is lacking and its high protein. He said its just an all around good food.

He gave me a bag of it and its actually REALLY good...it has a nutty flavor but no moldy reaction from it. :D

He said it doesnt have fungal properties...it has anti-fungal properties to it.

I had to look it up...

Seeds of the plant cannabis sativa, hemp seed, contain all the essential amino acids and essential fatty acids necessary to maintain healthy human life. No other single plant source has the essential amino acids in such an easily digestible form, nor has the essential fatty acids in as perfect a ratio to meet human nutritional needs.

There are eight amino acids the human body cannot make and two more the body cannot make in sufficient quantity, so they are essential to life. A diet without any one of them will eventually cause disease and death. These essential amino acids, along with eleven others the body can make from them, are chained together in accordance to genetic guidelines, via RNA formats from DNA blueprints, into structural proteins that give body to life, and into enzymes (globular proteins) that carry out the mechanics of living.

Hemp is not unique in having all the essential amino acids in its embryonic seed. Flax seeds also contain all the essential amino acids as do many other seeds in the plant kingdom. What is unique about hemp seed protein is that 65% of it is globulin edistin. That is the highest in the plant kingdom.

To attain optimum health we must eat foods that contain live enzymes, active phytonutrients, vitamins, minerals, essential amino acids, and essential fatty acids. These elements are termed "essential" because the human body does not produce them. They must come from the food we eat. Hemp seed is one of the plant kingdom's most concentrated, complete and balanced sources of essential amino acids (EAA's) and essential fatty acids (EFA's). Hemp seeds are high in essential nutrients including chlorophyll, magnesium, potassium, sulfur, phytosterols, ascorbic acid, beta-carotene, calcium, fiber, histidine, iron, potassium, phosphorus, riboflavin, niacin and thiamin.

Hemp Seed Protein Profile

Hemp seed contains all 10 essential amino acids, the building blocks of protein. Hemp seeds contain 33% pure digestible protein, providing readily available amino acids for building and repairing tissue. Hemp seed protein is comprised of 65% high-quality edestin protein, the most potent protein of any plant source, 35% albumin protein and glutamic acid. The globulin edestin in hemp seed closely resembles the globulin in blood plasma, and is compatible with the human digestive system. It is vital to the maintance of a healthy immune system and is also used to manufacture antibodies. Albumin is a protein manufactured by the liver that is supportive of liver and kidney health.

Hemp Seed Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs) Profile

Hemp seed is rich in Omega 3 and Omega 6 Essential Fatty Acids as well as being one of the few plant sources of gamma-linolenic acid (GLA). EFAs are utilized by many of the body's systems to maintain proper tissue function. EFAs are required for energy production, proper functioning of the nervous system, brain development and function, skin health and elasticity, digestive efficiency, normal cardiovascular function, hormone production, and efficient immune response. Studies have shown that GLA improves memory, and overall mental health, as well as reducing symptoms of skin ailments like eczema and even fibrocystic disease.

Due to the popular misconception that fat is "bad" for the body, many people have adopted a low or no fat diet. Low and no fat coupled with the widespread consumption of processed and genetically modified foods have created EFA deficiencies. Leading researchers are finding significant links between EFA deficiencies and disease. Supplementation with EFA's is an integral part of a healthy nutritional program.

So yeah...I can definately deal with the hemp seed because it tastes good (I put it on my potatoes :D) and its cheaper than the whey protein.

I could probably do a goat whey protein since I'm ok with goat dairy but I like the hemp for now.

I tested well for it and it doesnt give me any problems. :)

I have to take 2 tablespoons a day but I could easily take more because its like a food to me. I must resist racheling it. :rolleyes:

jerseyangel Proficient

Rachel,

I have to say I agree 100% with your doctor about dairy. I don't feel it's in our best interest to drink the milk of another species.

Archived