This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

diamondheart Newbie
Hi Claire,

Thank you for responding to my post.

First of all Im jealous, that you have an ART lady. Where do I get one of those in columbus ohio? LOL

...I thought doing my own taxes was hard, I fee like I need a medical secretary to go out and find all these people, it is simply exausting!

I will look into it and do what I can, to get myself better. This has gone on long enough, something needs to be done, by an alternative person, who is more openminded, and better suited to deal with my particualr issues, cause Im pretty sure no regualr doctor is going to take me seriously.

'END RANT" ;)

Hi Christine,

I grew up in Columbus, Ohio :) ! Actually, Upper Arlington. My brother still lives there. One of the coolest alternative practitioners I know lives there, but she probably couldn't help you. She teaches the Alexander Technique, which is something used for back pain, neck pain, and for any performer who has problems with their body. I had a private session with her when she came to Boulder, and she knew more about my body than I did!!

I digress <_< . I asked on here were to find an ART practitioner in my area. First, I did some searching on the internet. Then, I e-mailed Scott "the better health guy" for a recommendation, and it was the same person I found on the internet. I'm sure there are people in Columbus who can help you. It's not like you live in Timbuktu!!

I know what you mean about the medical secretary :rolleyes: ! I wish I had one too!!

Hi Jin, That is so sweet that your grandpa is helping you out!

Claire

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
christine 25 Newbie
Hi Christine,

I grew up in Columbus, Ohio :) ! Actually, Upper Arlington.

I live in upper arlington too.

Thats scary!

COol huh.

There may not be too many hoslitic claifornia sytle doctors here, on the plus side, at least my vote counts!

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Christine,

I feel like a medical secretary at times, too. It is ridiculous. People cannot believe how much I know about stuff. I either need to become a doctor or medical researcher. My mother's best friend called the other day, and her Fibromyalgia was bothering her worse than usual, so she went to the library for some information. She began reading about it, and said everything she read I had already told her! :lol:

Dear Andrea,

Dad has not gotten any call about a place to work out of yet. Hopefully, he will get word soon.

Meanwhile, he should get a call today about whether or not he needs to go to Louisville to get his computer. Who knows how that will work out. I suppose he will be working from out of the house until a vacancy is available.

Dear tom,

Dad said you could die from smoking a banana peel. I did not know that. It might be a chemical thing. Still, smoking anything is out for me! So, you have tried them both, huh? :lol:;)

Don't you hate it when things start out free, and then they start charging? That is so annoying! :angry: It is all the fuzz man! I would be happy to go to PF Chang's. There you go, my dream vacation! :lol: You guys should have a wonderful time!

Well, if you knew what you did, feel free to share about the crackers. I need all the help I can get. Many recipes I have tried before did not work. I may be better off buying them when cost is added up. Between running the oven, buying ingredients, and time invested, purchasing them might be wiser.

I have the quinoa in the bad only. It is not in a box. That dish you mentioned sounds good. I wondered if you could make a gluten-free version of it. They normally use bulgar wheat, but that is a no-no for us! The reason the quinoa gets a bad rap on here is because so many people could not tolerate it.

Sorry about not warning you! I will put a warning up next time. Let me see...what should I call it? How about Female Stuff Warning! Attention Men! Do not read this! (Unless you are planning on a sex change very soon!) :lol:

Dear Claire,

Grandad made the offer for my brother, but he did not take it. He only has the four of us grandkids. Since he is comfortable, he wanted to save us from losing our teeth like he had. I needed the help. Having no insurance is really problematic. It is shocking so many dentists do not accept insurance. How strange is that? My dentist does, because Dad went to him for years!

Sincerely,

Jin

tom Contributor
Dear tom,

Dad said you could die from smoking a banana peel. I did not know that.

<tom hastily discards lit banana peel>

"I KNEW THAT!!"

How about Female Stuff Warning! Attention Men! Do not read this! (Unless you are planning on a sex change very soon!) :lol:

That'll work! Fewer words works too. I think just the word "graphic" got me scrollin' thru Christine's post!

(And it depends on your definition of "very soon") ROFL :lol:

miamia Rookie

oh man- i really want to write back to everyone I feel really selfish but i did read everyones posts i just don't think i actually computed any of it!!!

I have been up since the crack of dawn - this reaction is definitly at least a 2 day one. (sad face) I don't think it was ad elayed reaction i know it was from my lunch I was stupid and over did it. I guess i forgot how bad my reactions could get and I was not as careful as usual- now i remember why i stick to the same thing all the time!!!

I go in for my iv tratment today but besides that i think i will do nothing i know i have to just ride this out but i reallly wish it would just end now!!!

Andrea-

oh i feel you on the money issues - lately this have been really a problem for me. Everything - treatments food, living etc is so expensive and i just don't kow what to do anymore. I am trying to prioritize but it is so hard. Its not like i am using money to go shopping for cloths it is for food and treatment that are necessary- i know you are in this same boat. (I wish neither of us was though becasue it really is a depressing boat to be in!!!)

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi Mia :)

You poor little thing...just try and get some rest and don't worry about answering posts. The important thing is that you take care of yourself and get in for your treatment.

You are in my thoughts today--I hope you feel better soon!

Stupid reactions :angry:

dlp252 Apprentice

Aw Mia! Patti's right, just relax today and try to be as comfortable as you can...we'll all still be here. Hope your IV goes well today.

As for me...I have to take my car in for servicing this morning, then I get a nice 50 minute massage from my PT guy. He is so familiar with my neck/shoulder issues, so if he spent the entire time on just my neck/shoulders I'd be happy. Nothing else planned for today...just rest and relaxation. Tomorrow back to work. :(

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

Donna, the massage sounds nice! Have a great day off :D

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
I grew up in Columbus, Ohio :) ! Actually, Upper Arlington. My brother still lives there. One of the coolest alternative practitioners I know lives there,

Claire

wow Claire

I was born and raised in Worthington Ohio. :rolleyes:

Went to Worthington HIgh School and OSU. My brother sitll lives in Worthington.

Small world isn't it.

Christine, are you still in Worthington?

I know there is a celiac group in Columbus

Google it and see if you can call someone from that group who will know of someone.

Judy in Philly

CarlaB Enthusiast

Mia, I'm sorry you're feeling bad.

Claire, my dentist was explaining why some people feel sensitivity to hot/cold just last week when I had my teeth cleaned. He said something about the nerve of the tooth and the filling being close to it. If that's the case, then it seems that replacing it would make it worse, not better because the filling would be even larger. But I'd listen to your dentist's reasoning ... maybe he's seeing another problem.

tom Contributor

Morning everyone! :)

Mia - did I miss what it was you actually ate that caused this nastiness?

Anyone?

AndreaB Contributor
oh man- i really want to write back to everyone I feel really selfish but i did read everyones posts i just don't think i actually computed any of it!!!

I feel like that sometimes too. Don't worry about responding.

Don't know what time your treatment is/was today. For all I know you could be done with it and home resting now.

We'll be here waiting for you. :) Take care of you.

As for me...I have to take my car in for servicing this morning, then I get a nice 50 minute massage from my PT guy. He is so familiar with my neck/shoulder issues, so if he spent the entire time on just my neck/shoulders I'd be happy. Nothing else planned for today...just rest and relaxation. Tomorrow back to work. :(

Car service.....icky.........massage.........nice. :D Hope you have a nice day off.

Work. Harumph!

Mia - did I miss what it was you actually ate that caused this nastiness?

Anyone?

She didn't say......something that didn't like her though.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Has anyone here used hair analysis?

I used hair analysis...mercury showed up very low in the results. Most of the metals were low. Cadmium and Bismuth were high.

The mercury was stored in my body and not getting excreted . Even though the metals were low my minerals were all out of balance.

When that happens it may indicate mercury toxicity. Someone can be extremely toxic yet have low levles showing up in the hair analysis....but in most cases the minerals would be out of range.

Hair Analysis

This is a very good test but only when interpeted by a few knowledgable physicians. The trouble is that low mercury on a hair analysis does NOT rule out mercury toxicity. In fact some of the most mercury toxic patients have low levels on their hair analysis.

The trick is in knowing how to interpret the nutritional elements. They provide the important patterns and relationships that a few experienced physicians know to look for. If levels of mercury are high in the hair it is easy, mercury is very likely a problem.

Bottom Line: A very good test but only in the hands of a few experienced physicians.

In my case it was the minerals which showed there was a problem.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Do you guys still have the burning feet or did that clear up?

Do you have sore neck back muscles a lot and tender sensitive spots where you wouldn't want some one massaging those spots on your back?

Naomi

I'm doing Quinoa too, can you all handle Quinoa? we all like it with sundried tomatoes and hemp oil and hemp seeds. It's really easy to cook.

I have sore muscles in my back, neck and shoulders. My head is sore alot too. :(

I LOVE massages though!! :D

I bought hemp oil last night and I'm using that now since I need an oil in my diet and this one has alot of benefits. :)

I get bad reactions to quinoa...I dont do well with any grains due to mold sensitivities.

I really dont like quinoa anyway....I think its pretty gross so its no loss to me. :P

covsooze Enthusiast

Mia - sorry to hear about your reaction. Be gentle to yourself (((hugs)))

Thanks all for the info re hair analysis. I have to confess that I first thought of getting it done to assess my vitamin and mineral levels. I hadn't heard about the toxicity issues. I do have 2 mercury amalgams, so maybe that is an issue. We'll have to see. One things for sure, i can't afford financially to have them removed at the moment. I think I need to scroll back through this thread to read up on toxicity :rolleyes:

Anyways, the conversation I've just had with DS should raise a few smiles (he's 4). I've just been putting him to bed and when we get to say prayers, recently all he's wanted to say is 'thank you God for chocolate' :rolleyes: So i asked him tonight if he wanted to thank God for chocolate, but he decided to thank God for veggies instead. There was a long list of them, and he ended by saying 'and thank you God for the best of all...' (I thought, here comes chocolate) '...cabbage leaves.' :lol::o So I asked him, if he had a choice between cabbage and chocolate which would you eat, he said cabbage coz chocolate's bad for you!! :o Then he said 'I'm going to put you in jail with lots of chocolate.'

I think someone might be trying to tell me something :ph34r::lol:

Susie xxx

diamondheart Newbie

Mia, sorry to hear this is a bad reaction.

He said something about the nerve of the tooth and the filling being close to it. If that's the case, then it seems that replacing it would make it worse, not better because the filling would be even larger. But I'd listen to your dentist's reasoning ... maybe he's seeing another problem.

Carla, that makes sense to me, but my dentist's solution was to file down the filling even more :o . I guess he forgot about last time when he said he didn't want to file it more because it would make the filling too thin :huh: . So now, it hurts when I brush my teeth there :angry: .

On the plus side, the 3 fillings I had done yesterday don't seem to be very sensitive at all :) .

However, I freaked out last night. I was cleaning my teeth, and I noticed something between the teeth that got worked on yesterday. I though it was dental floss, but it ended up being pieces of the dental dam they used to protect me from mercury exposure :o:o:o ! I was worrying it was contaminated with mercury, so did more vigorous swishing of chlorella in my mouth. I couldn't believe it!

Susie Triple X :blink: , so cute what your son said!!

Claire

CarlaB Enthusiast

Susie, very cute!

Claire, well, maybe he's right, maybe something else needs to be done ... I'd want to talk to him about it.

Well, we closed on our new property today. :rolleyes: We'll be having some work sessions over there, and hopefully Adam and his brother's company will be moving in in the fall so we can start collecting rent. It's going to be fun having Adam working closer to home and having his brother and dad up here more often .... we only live 20 minutes north of where they work now, but seldom see everyone.

AndreaB Contributor
So i asked him tonight if he wanted to thank God for chocolate, but he decided to thank God for veggies instead. There was a long list of them, and he ended by saying 'and thank you God for the best of all...' (I thought, here comes chocolate) '...cabbage leaves.' :lol::o So I asked him, if he had a choice between cabbage and chocolate which would you eat, he said cabbage coz chocolate's bad for you!! :o Then he said 'I'm going to put you in jail with lots of chocolate.'

I think someone might be trying to tell me something :ph34r::lol:

Too cute! :P:lol::lol:

Carla,

It'll be nice to have hubby nearby. Sounds like they'll be able to move over pretty soon then.....fall's not that far away. :)

tom Contributor
I really dont like quinoa anyway....I think its pretty gross so its no loss to me. :P

Aaaargh!! That's like calling rice "gross".

The majority of the flavor is from what is prepared w/. ;)

If we want to talk unappetizing, who else ate puffed millet every other morning for 18 mos or so??

It even *feels* like styrofoam packing material!! <blech>

tabasco32 Apprentice

HI guys.

I just want to cry. My mom and dad are forcing me to do DMSA chelation while I still have my fillings in. My friends and everyone also. They dont understand that it will hurt me. My dad said no more doctors and that I better take the 133 dollar pills he bought.

I can't stop crying. I need a knowledgable doctor but no health insurance and no money from dad no more. He won't help. They believe in this doctor so much. I might as well take it just to show them how it is going to hurt me.

I don't know what else to do. I would not have gone to the doctor. BUt I thought he was only going to give me IV not DMSA. I am getting worse.

I am in a nightmare.

lisa

AndreaB Contributor
HI guys.

I just want to cry. My mom and dad are forcing me to do DMSA chelation while I still have my fillings in. My friends and everyone also. They dont understand that it will hurt me. My dad said no more doctors and that I better take the 133 dollar pills he bought.

I can't stop crying. I need a knowledgable doctor but no health insurance and no money from dad no more. He won't help. They believe in this doctor so much. I might as well take it just to show them how it is going to hurt me.

I don't know what else to do. I would not have gone to the doctor. BUt I thought he was only going to give me IV not DMSA. I am getting worse.

I am in a nightmare.

lisa

Oh Lisa! :o I don't know what to say. :(

Is this the doctor that you started seeing that knew about mercury toxicity and had recovered from it herself?......or a new one?

tabasco32 Apprentice

What should I do guys?

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Lisa,

I'm sorry about everything. I think everyone is just really upset and scared....just wanting you to get better. The Dr. is saying that this is gonna get you better so thats what your parents want...they want you to get better more than anything so they are trusting the words of the Dr.

I still think its very risky to start chelation right now...not only do you still have the fillings in...but what about all the things to give your body support? Is he *just* giving you a bunch of DMSA and your body is suppossed to just deal with it all? I hope if you get forced into doing this that the Dr. is doing alot more than just giving you those pills.

I still think you should call around and get some advice before making a decision on that.

I understand where your mom is coming from and that shes scared.

There was a time when I was looking for answers online because I didnt feel comfortable with having the Dr.'s kill my thyroid with radiation. My gut instinct said it was the wrong thing to do. I was reading up on it and everyone was getting angry with me...telling me to stay off the computer and listen to the Dr.'s.

So yeah....I went ahead and did something that I really didnt want to do. Now I regret it and now everyone else realizes that it was a mistake....but it cannot be changed now.

Now my mom is very thankful and happy that I was able to learn so much on my own. After that one mistake I decided to not do anything that I dont truelly believe in...I've made better decisions since then and I dont have anymore regrets.

If I had done everything that my mom suggested for me back then...I would not be where I am now. I would be the same as I was....or worse. She knows that now and she thanks God that I didnt listen and that I figured things out for myself. She did not understand everything back then....now she does.

I know that you're in a really tough situation because your parents are paying for your treatment....that makes it hard. I dont think that if they truelly understood that there are risks involved they would still force you to take the DMSA.

I hope they try to understand and to weigh the risks....and maybe get a second opinion...even if just over the phone.

I'm sorry you're having it so rough right now. :(

dlp252 Apprentice

Oh Lisa...I'm speechless! Wasn't it the DMSA (or was it DMPS) that made you so sick a few months ago??? Don't they remember that! Did charcoal make you react...the only thing I can suggest is to take something that will mop it up, but I think you reacted to everything didn't you?...at this point I'm not sure which is worse...the DMSA making you sick or the possibility of the mopping stuff making you sick. I had such high hopes for this doctor...I'm so sorry Lisa. :(

Congratulations on the property Carla!!

Mia, I've been thinking of you all day...hope you are okay after your IV! Don't feel like you have to respond though...just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you and have been praying for you.

Susie - very cute story!! :lol: OMGosh!

When that happens it may indicate mercury toxicity. Someone can be extremely toxic yet have low levles showing up in the hair analysis....but in most cases the minerals would be out of range.

In my case it was the minerals which showed there was a problem.

Ditto for my case...lots of mineral/essential elements imbalances.

If we want to talk unappetizing, who else ate puffed millet every other morning for 18 mos or so??

It even *feels* like styrofoam packing material!! <blech>

Yup, that would be me...still have some in my pantry....not so bad if one puts agave nectar on it, but that sure changed when I had to cut the agave out. :(

~~~~

Something I ate or did really gave me bad D today. I had one semi normal/semi D BM before I posted this morning, and right after I posted earlier I had to run to the bathroom...a few times. Could be the aftermath from the cookies fiasco. :(

Well the massage was WONDERFUL!!! As suspected, because he's so familiar with my neck and shoulders he really was able to loosen me up. I was so relaxed that as I was pulling out of my parking space, I realized my head was turned nearly all the way to the back!!!! Holy COW, I haven't had that much range of motion in years! I usually only get 10 minutes with him every other week now (was getting 20 mintues three times a week at one point), so this extended time really worked wonders! I wish I could see him more often, but unfortunately he can only do massages on Tuesday or Thursday mornings, or after work, which would be way to late for me (after his work not mine). Still, I think once in a while it will be a nice treat to take a day off work just for this! :P

AndreaB Contributor
Still, I think once in a while it will be a nice treat to take a day off work just for this! :P

Sounds like it would be. :) So glad your massage made your neck feel much better.

Archived