This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

dlp252 Apprentice

Lisa, did they at least give you IV nutrition?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CarlaB Enthusiast

Lisa, you sound better than you did.

Your doctor was talking about IV nutrition, will you be able to get it from doc instead of trying the ER?

It does get better. There were times I wanted to give up ... just three days ago I wanted to, when I switched back to Amoxy and herxed from the change ... but there's no such thing as giving up! You either do what you can to get better each day or ignore it all and have it get worse. Not much of a choice.

A friend of mine told me yesterday -- Hang in there. Just those simple words made me feel so much better ... So, I'm passing it on to you, Hang in there.

My stomach can hardly tolerate anything ... I don't talk about it much, but I've done all I can to get as many calories as possible from things I can drink. Days like today, the "fudge" I make with coconut oil, almond butter, raw cacao, agave syrup, vanilla, and salt is all I can eat. I can also tolerate berries with whip cream (just whipped cream, no sugar). The whey helps.

I felt better for the 20 days I was on Cipro ... now I'm on herbs, so hopefully it won't take long to tolerate more again. It's not the same as the gluten intolerance ... it's *just* GI symptoms. I have such a small appetite, it's ridiculous ... I eat tiny amounts of food when I do eat.

You're not alone in this, we're all here going on similar paths.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Hey everyone

I'm still here. I went to the emergency. ER was full to the max. I don't know why I went. They did nothing for me. THey of course took blood. Everything was fine. My electrolytes, liver, kidney all things. Of course they know nothing. I have a health immune system they said. Just don't eat fish and get those fillings out they said.

Lisa,

I'm happy to see you posting and sounding a little better. :wub:

Yeah....it was the exact same story for me when my mom took me to the ER. They ran all kinds of tests and every single one came back normal....all of it in the normal range.

Thats the problem with mercury poisoning...everything *looks* fine....even if nothing is working right. The problems are intacellular....all the tests turn up normal. Thats why my Dr. said its so difficult to diagnose and why so many people are called hypochondriach...even when they're really sick. :(

They said the same to me...the picture of perfect health...strong immune system, etc. They actually said my levels were better than most people they see. :huh:

Hang in there....I gotta get ready for my appt...I'm out the door in a few. :)

P.S.

I'm on the burbur detox....also the minerals (you have the same ones) and the charcoal. The burbur detox has alcohol...you'll probably be sensitive to it. I put the drops in warm water and leave it sit out for an hour or two and the alcohol evaporates...then I just drink the water.

Burbur detox is great for kidney support and liver support.

The herb in Burbur has been traditionally used for its body cleansing properties. It is very effective in aiding detoxification of the liver, kidneys, lymphatics and the ground matrix.

Burbur is commonly used in conjunction with powerful antimicrobials produced by Nutramedix, Samento and Cumanda.

Many health care professionals have reported that Burbur can be used in place of 6 detox remedies. In many cases a significant healing crisis (Herxheimer

AndreaB Contributor

Lisa,

I repeat the others......what about IV nutrition?

Are you going to try the burbur detox?

Rachel,

Looking forward to hearing about your appointment. :D

Carla,

I'm going to tell you to hang in there too. You've seen so much improvement. You will get through this. :)

diamondheart Newbie

Hi Andrea, Thanks for the sympathies :wub:. I hope T feels better soon!

Hi Claire,

No, no. I'm soooo not going to have anything done right away.

Hi Kat, Glad to hear you will be taking things sloooow. Good luck on ditching the cigarettes! Did you ever see the exhibit "Body World"? They had lungs from smokers that were as black as coal miners. Made me not want to smoke, and I don't smoke anyways!

Hi Lisa, You do sound a bit better. I hope Dr. E can help you. Hang in there. :wub:

Hi Rachel, How does anyone not have mercury fillings that don't leak? I wonder if some mercury fillings leak more than others? This is what confuses me. I totally get how you were mercury poisoned because of the gold crown on top of the mercury filling for a year, and the improper amalgam removal. I don't understand how amalgam fillings alone would cause so much toxicity.

I had 5 amalgam fillings. One broke, and was replaced by composite. I don't remember it being properly removed, but I was having intestinal problems before that. Actually, it started sometime after I got that one amalgam that broke 5 years later. I had 4 after that, and two of them are pretty small. Maybe I'm just not getting as much daily mercury load.

I guess everyone is different how they react.

I hope you are going to stay away from the computer for a day, cuz that's what you are supposed to do after an LED treatment!

Well, I'm really depressed today. On top of work being horrible yesterday, DH wants me to wait another month to get pregnant so he can go away on a business trip and work on his new business. Otherwise, he's not going to be there for my IVF :( . I'm so anxious to start, and bummed to wait. I've already put it off three months now. Not getting any younger, though I'm trying :rolleyes: .

Claire

happygirl Collaborator

Carla, I'm adding my, "hang in there" for you also. :)

Rach, look forward to hearing about your app't.

Hi to all.....so busy on here lately!

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Donna,

We are all ecstatic about the new job! Yay! :) Thank you for the good energy. Of course, that bubble was quickly popped by a phantom hospital bill from last year that we have to pay $300 for. Naturally, my father is annoyed, because it was something for me and everyone knows that I get blamed for everything. God I cannot wait until he goes back to work on Monday! Plus, stuff has gotten so bad at the company he used to work for, that there is a delay in his 3 weeks of vacation pay and his 401K. Apparently, the head of accounting quit! :o

That is terrible about the church band member. Thank goodness he was diagnosed so quickly. Lyme can take its toll quickly. You might be able to help him. Maybe you could pitch a couple of ideas about an LLMD or something.

Dear Kat,

I cannot wait for Dad to go back to work! :) Thank you for the good energy. Then, he will be out of my hair for at least some of the day. That is better than nothing. He needs to find a place for an office. This company does not have one locally yet.

Dear Claire,

Thank you for your good energy, too! I am anxious to get him on his way, so I can actually not be bothered constantly about stupid crap. God, sometimes I want to beat the crap out of people!

Once again, mostly family members. From what has been going on at your workplace lately, you may feel the same way.

I think it does sound like you are being singled out. No one else at all is getting complained on?

That does sound odd to me. All of that conflict is not good for you. If you get pregnant, that certainly could jeopardize it with all of that stress. :( Your hubby wanting you to wait makes sense, but whatever you feel is best is what you should do.

Congratulations on the tongue report! ;) That was terrific! You have a nice, healthy tongue. Accupuncturists seem to appreciate things more. Why can't the rest of the world be? People need to really sort out their priorities.

I do not know if other fillings leak more than others. That is an interesting thought to ponder. It may depend on how long it has been there, and what other metals it is mixed with. Lead and aluminum are two others that are sometimes used. None are good to have in your mouth, especially considering the galvanic reaction.

Dear Mia,

I did not realize alfalfa had so many great properties! I knew it was good for you. Dad takes it every single day, twice a day. Maybe that is why is so much healthier than me and my mother. He smokes, too. I used to take alfalfa tablets when I got constipated, and it worked like a charm, with no bad side effects. Now I know I can use it if need be!

I am sorry to hear you feel so rough. Chelation probably does take a lot out of you. I am sure next week will be better. Your doctor seems to be monitoring this closely. That is smart.

The IV minerals and vitamins will likely help a lot. Energy is depleted when a lack of vitamins and other nutrients is present. I need to begin taking a multivitamin. I have not taken one in years. I know nutrient deficiencies may be causing some of my weakness and fatigue.

Yes, my father is now looking for a place that is a good office. Good prices are not easy to come by for office space. Commercial is expensive. That is the only kind that looks professional, though. No one wants to do business with a place that seems to not have it together.

Dear Rachel,

Thanks for the scientificness on Burbur. It can help with herxes? That is wonderful! I will keep that in mind. Burbur looks like it can help a lot of things.

Oh, no! Not a drama queen! :rolleyes::(:angry: My brother is like that. He starts fights wherever he goes. It really makes me angry. He will keep saying things to start a fight between other people! I hate it when he visits. I do not understand why anyone would want to hurt people's feelings like that, either and cause such discord.

Sometimes, it helps if you do not take them seriously. They want to get you upset, hurt, and ticked. One thing that would be really smart is to take that little tape recorder with a fresh tape and get her on there spreading all of this crap. You can use it against her later if need be. That way, if she tries to get you in trouble to look good, you have ammunition.

Like I said, these people are vampires. They prey off of us and our emotions and spiritual energy. Have you ever noticed you dread seeing this person, and always feel drained, angry and depressed every time they have been talking to you? You are not imagining this. Also, considering what you told me about her, it really does sound like she has it in for your boss like it is some sort of personal crusade.

Well, the LED was probably spectacular! I am so anxious to hear how everything went! The scientificness will be astounding I am sure! You probably will be back soon. I can just see those nasty mercury particles being killed off!

What you said about toxic overload is so true. More and more just builds up. When you are sick like us, your body tends to not be able to purify itself like other normal people's. Our systems are different. All of the bacteria, parasites, etc. makes us sensitive to the slightest thing.

Dear tom,

ROTFLMAO! :lol: I can see you putting on sunglasses or a bandana, and then pitching the subpoena or summons! I have not been called yet. Thank goodness, because of the issues I have with my health, that would make it impossible. I probably would not get chosen anyway. I do not believe in the death penalty, for one thing.

That is interesting you sister is an attorney. I want to be one. My father hates them, but oh well.

I am determined to have a good career. Plus, there are a couple of things I am interested in pursuing. I heard there is a growing need for forensic attorneys. I have always been fascinated by them.

Alright, goat cheese! So, did you get to have an omelette or other gourmet treat? What all did it consist of? How about a dip? That would probably be quite tasty in a wrap.

Dear Patti,

I am like you. I am too afraid to toss anything like a jury summons. Your luck is probably like mine. It would be the only thing you ever did wrong in your entire life. Yet, you would be the one who manages to get caught. There are jerks who do terrible, selfish things that never get caught, and you must wonder why.

Dear Carla,

The progress you have made is exciting! We are all so happy for you! I know what you mean by feeling like giving up. Sometimes the struggle is too much. You wonder if things will ever get better. Suffering physically like that is very hard to deal with emotionally.

I sure hope you figure this wax situation out. Vasoline might work. Braces are problematic for so many things. I am not sure I want to mess with them. The dentist said I can get them later if I want, but it is not a must.

Dear Andrea,

I wish T was not having such a hard time of it. I am glad Dr. E said this is normal. That does not make it easier for you, though. Dealing with a constant grouch can really pull you down. I have to walk on eggshells around my parents, and I am so tired of it. This is so emotionally exhausting.

Dear Lisa,

Thank God you are alright! (Alright meaning not dead!) I did not go the ER. I was put in the hospital for testing when I got like that. Mercury poisoning and other heavy metals can cause you bloodwork to come back perfectly fine. That is why it is so difficult to pinpoint. If they can find a way to get your pathways open, that will help tremendously.

I wonder if Q'i Gong could help. It is a type of energy healing. Ancient Chinese Medicine uses it all the time. One woman's heart condition was healed by it. I know we have people practicing here, so surely someone near you could do it. Meanwhile, I could try and do a spell for you. I know you are too weak to do one on your own. Just ask!

Dear Laura,

How are you? I am looking forward to hearing about your recent trip. I bet it was nice. Where did you go? Were there any great sites? Did you take pics?

Dear Maestro,

Thank you for the site! I will check it out when I get the chance! Some things are scary about what we put in our bodies on a regular basis. I do not think any of us thought about much until after we had to go gluten-free. Dairy does do a lot of bad things to people.

Sincerely,

Jin

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Hi Rachel, How does anyone not have mercury fillings that don't leak? I wonder if some mercury fillings leak more than others?

All amalgams leak mercury. If they are broken or deteriorating or not fitting well then they will leak more.

This is what confuses me. I totally get how you were mercury poisoned because of the gold crown on top of the mercury filling for a year, and the improper amalgam removal. I don't understand how amalgam fillings alone would cause so much toxicity.

Mercury is very insidious in the body....even in small amounts. It interferes with the body's abilty to detox....once detoxification becomes impaired you begin to accumulate larger amounts of toxins in the body....not just mercury but ALL toxins.

I have to go to bed now so I'm just gonna copy and paste something I posted earlier tonight on another board. It was in response to a question to similar to yours.

Its a looong post. Yup.....I do this on other boards too. :ph34r:

Its never that easy....its never just one one single thing either....its a multitude of things....with the metals being a PART of it.

The metals are always there.

I just came from a Dr. appt...we talked about all of this. EVERY person is toxic from a multitude of things...many different toxins....even though EVERY person is toxic...not EVERY one of us is sick.

When they did studies...taking random people off the street and testing them for toxic substances...what they found was that EVERY person was carrying heavy loads of toxins...all toxins....metals included. To qualify for the study these people had to be in excellent health...no outward signs of any illness....yet every single one of them was storing all these toxins.

Its just something that comes with living on a very dirty planet...we are all exposed to the toxins and the metals...its unavoidable.

Like the Dr. said....obviously not every person is getting sick...these people were testing very high all for these toxic substances and were NOT sick.

The Dr. used my own situation as an example. Here I was feelling excellent for 31 years...on a scale of 1 to 10....I would have considered my health to be a 15. THEN...I get some dental work and I end up on disability within weeks...down to a big 0 on the scale of 1-10.

Its not really that I was perfectly fine prior to that....but my immune system was handling whatever I was doing. The assaults on my body prior to that were nothing that my immune system wasnt able to handle...it was able to deal with it and I was not sick. I felt great.

Whatever happened around the time of the dental work....exposure to metals, daily stress, etc...it was enough to cause the scales to tip. Prior to that I was stable....sometimes "teetering" a little during times of stress with my thyroid going a little overactive...then correcting itself...but mostly stable. This time....the scales tipped....it was more than what my immune system could deal with and now I need assitance to get back to where I felt like I was a 15.

The Dr. said I dont have to be totally free of ALL toxins to get there. I wasnt totally free of toxins for the 31 years that I was healthy...I just need to remove enough of the stressors in order to enable the scale to tip back in the other direction...so that I'm "stable" once again.

Next week I will be starting my detox treatments. They dont just detox the metals...they detox fungal and mold toxins, pesticides, sulfa, PCB....a whole list of things which show up in testing.

They always start with sulfa in every person because that is critical for enabling the body to detox metals. After the sulfa...its always mercury that comes next.

It doesnt matter if mercury isnt the *biggest* problem in every person. What *does* matter is that its the most TOXIC....and at this point it needs to be addressed. Since I've started seeing knowledgable Dr.'s....I havent met one who disagrees that mercury needs to be addressed when a person is dealing with toxicity.

When there is chronic candida....there is always toxicity....otherwise the candida would not be able to thrive.

You cannot look to other people and say "How come he has more amalgams than me and is not sick?" It just doesnt work that way....each person is an individual. Each person is genetically different....we dont all look alike on the outside and we arent identical on the inside either.

One persons immune system may be able to handle 8 amalgams....another persons health may be severely affected by two. One person may be able to eat loads of fish and never become sick....another person may get very sick from high levels of mercury.

It depends on so many things...genetics, pathogens in the body, total body burden...even EMF exposure can be enough to tip the scales for some people. I know people who dont even have a SINGLE amalgam and yet are EXTREMELY mercury toxic.

There is just absolutely no way to know how much is too much for each person....especially when so many things contribute. They pile up on top of each other...its never ONE single thing.

Straight out of my Dr.'s mouth tonight:

"Toxicity is just our fate...living on this planet today...everybody is toxic. So even if you got a big dose of pesticides from what you were doing in your job....somebody accross the country is doing the same thing...people *everywhere* are being exposed to excessive amounts of toxins. Its not to say that you wouldnt be exposed had you not had this job.

Its a combination of your predispostion to things, the stuff you've been exposed to, the heavy metals...its the "stew".....it isnt *just* the mercury....it itsnt *just* one thing.

Its the infections that you've had which were never quite cleared...and wait then there's more....it isnt just the "physical" toxins theres also all of the unresolved emotional issues...the emotional toxins and things like that.

The goal is not to get you "pure and clean" but to get the levels down enough so that you're body can function again."

None of my Dr.'s have ever put ALL of the blame on mercury...its just not that simple. However, they do address it and it *is* putting a heavy burden on the immune system. If the goal is to take the heaviest burdens away....then it makes sense that they would always start with the most toxic substance.

I dont know of ANY person whos chronically ill with candida or other infections and does not have problems with metals. My Dr.'s dont come across anyone whos not burdened by the metals to some extent.

All of my Dr.'s are heavily involved in treating the Autistic population...they dont come across any kids who dont have toxic levels of metals. They dont come across any kids who are free of infections...in fact nearly every autistic kid they test is positive for Lyme.

These kids have ALOT of difficulty detoxing so there may not be anything coming out...no high levels of mercury flooding out to indicate that in fact these kids are extremely toxic. The levels may be low because they simply cannot excrete the metals...they are not able to release the toxins stored in their bodies and as a result they are suffering from the high levels of toxicity in their bodies.

But yes....the metals are there and when the Dr. works with these kids...and when they are able to find what works so that they can overcome the obstcales with detoxing...the metals DO start coming out...even if they were never showing up before.

Genetics is playing a role with these kids....BUT if they werent exposed to such high levels of toxins and metals (which have a synergistic effect in the body) along with the bacteria and viruses.... they *may* not have reached the point that their immune systems couldnt cope...the scale might remain level.....never tipping and never putting them on the Spectrum.

Even without a genetic predisposition......mercury even in small amounts is incidious. It poisons the systems in the body that get rid of toxins...so then not only do you have mercury....but you've got the mercury preventing your body from unloading other toxins...and then it all builds up. Some people will reach their threshold....others will not. Its never *just* the mercury and if it were....things would be alot easier.

Its a combination of many things....the infections play a huge role in this. Its not a coincidence that the majority of the autistic population tests positive for Lyme....its one piece of the puzzle....also the viruses that are very common in these kids.

One of my Dr.'s said that my situation is very similar to what they typically see in the autistic kids she treats....the biggest diference is the yeast. The yeast arent as significant in the kids....whereas in my case...its HUGE. In the kids the viruses are more of an issue...especially from the MMR. I do not have any indication of problems with viruses.

Bacteria, yeast, parasites, viruses....these bugs are always there with the metals...some more than others....everyone is different. I have significant amounts of yeast...more than anything else....yet every stool test I had did not indicate yeast was a problem. You cant always trust the tests....and the stool test for yeast is not the best choice as far as reliability and accuracy. I have no idea which tests you've had done.....just sharing what I've learned.

I've never said anywhere that metals are the *only* problem....its never *just* metals.....its the metals and everything thats accumulated on top of that.....to the point that the immune system becomes overwhelmed and a person becomes sick. Like my Dr. said....its not just the "physical" toxins....but also the emotional stresses and traumas that also add to the burden and impair the bodies ability to detoxify.

Its very true that we dont all get here by the same route....and we wont all get better on the same path either. Basically, all of us have to look at ourselves as individuals.

No....its not true that every person with a mouthful of amalgams should have galloping candida. We arent all built the same. Not every kid injected with vaccines is going to be negatively affected.....1 in 150 will be. Not every person with amalgams is going to end up chronically ill with raging candida....some of us will.

Theres no guarantees....you could end up highly mercury toxic w/out amalgams....it seems you just increase your chances with having them.

Noone knows what their threshold for toxins is....one day I was perfectly healthy...and then I wasnt. The people you see who are walking around perfectly healthy with amalgams....well I was one of them....and then I wasnt. Noone knows if something they are exposed to the next day will tip the scales. It could be an infection....it could be an emotional stress....it could be trauma from a car accident...noone knows when their immune systems might become overwhelmed.

Everything I've learned along the way is that once this happens...you have to remove the stressors in order to allow your immune system to recover. You can remove food intolerance, you can treat candida, you can reduce chemical exposure....you can do a million things but if you leave the metals there with the infections....you're not likely to tip the scales back in the direction of health. Its too heavy a burden and you wont be able to clear candida or other infections if you leave the metals there....everything will keep coming back because the immune system is still overwhelmed.

When we reach the stage of chronic candida, food intolerance, chemical sensitivities, brain fog, etc.....this means that the detox system is impaired. Impaired detox = an increased amount of ALL toxins in the body.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I hope you are going to stay away from the computer for a day, cuz that's what you are supposed to do after an LED treatment!

Claire....I havent had a LED treatment yet.

Tonight was all about preparation. I was there over two hours....discussing all my history, getting tested for hundreds of things and they put together my whole LED treatment schedule...including "support" and other things which will be added in prior to treatments. It was ALOT of info....soooo glad I recorded everything. :D

Sorry you'll have to wait an extra month for hubby to get back from his business trip. :(

Rachel--24 Collaborator

OK...my appt. was AMAZING. :D

I probably wont have time to write it all out until the weekend but I'll just say that I really liked this Dr. alot and I feel really GREAT about my treatment plan. :)

Its gonna be alot of info so I'll send out an email rather than posting all of it.

My first LED will be next Friday. :o

We covered so many things...he is VERY knowledgeable and also easy going. I felt totally comfortable and of course wanting to absorb every last detail. Thank God for my little voice recorder...I just LOVE that thing. :D

I'm off to bed now...but just wanted to leave you guys with something to wake up to.....a little giggle for the early risers. :D

During my appt. the Dr. had asked me about brainfog...and if its something that I'm dealing with quite a bit. I told him its gotten ALOT better.

At the end of my appt. the Dr. wanted me to give a urine sample. He instructed me on where to go...gave me a little container, etc. Its about 6:30 and everyones waiting on me so they can go home since I was the last appt. for the day. I told him it might only be a small sample.

So I go off to collect the urine...get in the restroom...totally DINGO the whole freakin thing and just go pee w/out ever collecting any of it!! :o

I came out with an empty container. I told him "Ummm... so I guess the brainfog is pretty bad today afterall!" :ph34r:

They all thought that it was pretty funny. :lol:

So yeah....next time I gotta try again. :P

AndreaB Contributor
Everything I've learned along the way is that once this happens...you have to remove the stressors in order to allow your immune system to recover. You can remove food intolerance, you can treat candida, you can reduce chemical exposure....you can do a million things but if you leave the metals there with the infections....you're not likely to tip the scales back in the direction of health. Its too heavy a burden and you wont be able to clear candida or other infections if you leave the metals there....everything will keep coming back because the immune system is still overwhelmed.

When we reach the stage of chronic candida, food intolerance, chemical sensitivities, brain fog, etc.....this means that the detox system is impaired. Impaired detox = an increased amount of ALL toxins in the body.

We are of those whose scales haven't been tipped yet, but I believe we were on the way. Talitha and Seth's food intolerances have kept building over the last year. Micah's have too, although his haven't been manifesting obviously, aside from D.

Can't wait to hear about your appointment..........

AndreaB Contributor
So I go off to collect the urine...get in the restroom...totally DINGO the whole freakin thing and just go pee w/out ever collecting any of it!! :o

I came out with an empty container. I told him "Ummm... so I guess the brainfog is pretty bad today afterall!" :ph34r:

:lol::lol:

diamondheart Newbie

Hi Rachel,

Wow, that was a long post you sent to that other person! One of the things that seems to be ok with me is the sulfa pathways, so that probably helps me with the mercury detox. In the Asyra testing, it didn't show as a problem for me.

As for infections, viruses are a problem for me. We don't talk about them much here in OMGville, but I think they are a huge problem, especially with autism, as you mentioned. And I seem to have a genetic disposition for autism in my family. I have a nephew who has Asperger's syndrome and a brother with autistic tendencies (didn't talk till he was 3, and then it was in full sentences!).

There is so much we don't know about viruses and they mutate so quickly. For me, it was West Nile Virus and Epstein-Barr Virus. I think I got them in the same year about 6 months apart. That was 3-4 years ago. I think the West Nile Virus impacted my immune system. I've shown low white blood cell counts on my blood tests the last couple of years, but no doctor has said anything to me about it. It's just something I've noticed, but maybe it isn't low enough for the doctors to be concerned. It always makes me go "hmmmm" <_< . That's what I'm taking the Samento Cat's Claw for, not Lyme. So far, no Lyme for me!

Looking forward to hearing about your treatment plan. So funny about the urine test :lol: .

Hi Jin, You're funny! Mostly, I want to dope slap people. Some people take life too seriously. Sheesh :rolleyes: !

Claire

jerseyangel Proficient
OK...my appt. was AMAZING. :D

The brainfog/empty container--too funny! :lol:

I'm so happy it went well and you got on so well with the doctor! Can't wait to hear all about it. I just woke up and headed here to see how you did B)

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

came out with an empty container. I told him "Ummm... so I guess the brainfog is pretty bad today afterall!"

:lol::lol: OH MY GAWD.............!

CAME ON EARLY TO SEE HOW YOU DID YEST

PLEASE ADD ME TO EAMIL LIST RACHEL

HI EVERYONE.

J

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Hi Rachel,

Wow, that was a long post you sent to that other person!

Yeah....she was not really understanding why some people have amalgams and yet appear to be totally healthy. I think people tend to look at that and think they cant possibly be sick because of their fillings because *other* people dont seem to have problems.

You just cant look at it that way....its unrealistic. Some of us can smoke cigarettes for years and not end up with lung cancer....while someone else may develop lung cancer from second hand exposure. It doesnt mean that smoking is SAFE for anyone though.

Most people on that board have been talking about mercury for a very long time now....most of them are aware of this stuff already. I always try to give the most info. that I can when someone is confused about it.

One of the things that seems to be ok with me is the sulfa pathways, so that probably helps me with the mercury detox. In the Asyra testing, it didn't show as a problem for me.

The sulfa thing isnt actually having to do with the pathway....that was never my understanding about it when I read about LED treatments. Its having to do with sulfa residuals being stored in the body...leftover from sulfa drugs...antiobiotics and other sources of sulfa.

The Asyra may have tested your pathway function as well but the sulfa residuals that get treated in LED are actually a toxin themselves. LED doesnt treat pathway function...or anything like that.....the treatments just detox specific toxins from the body.

Sulfa residuals interfere with mercury detox because they are sulfur based and they're stored in the body preventing things like cysteine, garlic, eggs, etc...from having the ability to bind with metals. You accumulate more metals over time because of excess sulfa residuals in the body. In order for chelation therapy or a detox program to be successful they find it works better when they detox the sulfa residuals first.

He talked to me about it last night....stuff like sodium lauryl sulfate in shampoos, soaps, toothpaste, etc. Those sulfa residuals get stored in tissue and affect the body systems...we detox better without having the sulfa residuals.

He told me I should be avoiding sodium lauryl sulfate for life. We're also getting residuals from sulfa antibiotics in dairy, eggs, meat, etc.

I'll be writing all that that he said about that in my email. :)

dlp252 Apprentice

Uggg...been awake since about midnight...had the strangest, oddest dreams.

Undigested stuff in my poo this morning from yesterday. :(

May be going on a cruise afterall!!!! Friend found a cheaper cruise to Mexico which leaves out of Los Angeles. I can't do the long flights to Florida very well any more, so this was fantastic. It's also only 7 days so I'll only have to take 5 days off work. We may go...I'll know later.

Good--then he's on them already? My husband got Lyme last year--rash, fatigue, stiff neck, etc. Luckily his doctor didn't even wait for the blood test results--he put him on Doxy immediately.

I think he is...I don't know him at all really....we "know" each other because of who we are, but I've never really talked to him...have to make sure it isn't awkward.

OK...my appt. was AMAZING.

Okay, add me to the email list please! :):lol: on the brain fog lack of pee fest.

We are of those whose scales haven't been tipped yet, but I believe we were on the way. Talitha and Seth's food intolerances have kept building over the last year. Micah's have too, although his haven't been manifesting obviously, aside from D.

I think this way too. I was sick, but not nearly as sick as some, but I was definitely heading there.

As for infections, viruses are a problem for me. We don't talk about them much here in OMGville, but I think they are a huge problem, especially with autism, as you mentioned. And I seem to have a genetic disposition for autism in my family. I have a nephew who has Asperger's syndrome and a brother with autistic tendencies (didn't talk till he was 3, and then it was in full sentences!).

I have a lot of viral and bacterial issues too...they always show up in ART and BioSET. :( We may have some mildly autistic tendencies in our family, but none outright that I know of.

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Rachel,

I am so glad your appointment was great! :) I knew it would be! The treatment plan must be wonderful! Add me to the e-mail list, please! I cannot wait to read more!

That was hilarious about the brain fog! :lol: I think we all have done something like that. The other day, when I was in the store, I totally missed the restrooms sign and asked where it was. Dad replied "Right over there, where that big sign that says restrooms is!" :lol: My promethazine makes me really dopey. People probably think I am stoned when I go out, because I have taken it.

I too, feel getting to the cause of illness is essential for wellness. Mercury certainly is a major contributor in many things. The detoxing is a big issue. I believe I probably have mercury in me, despite having no fillings. That is because of all of the tuna, salmon and shrimp I like to eat. I read Dr. Klinghardt said to eat it with cilantro to avoid absorbing the mercury.

Dear Patti,

What are you up to? You know how we were talking about Huey Lewis and the News last week?

My mother says she does not know who he is! How is that possible? Plus, she says she has not heard his most famous song! :o She never saw "Grease" either.

Something is wrong with this woman. I tell you, it drives you crazy. It is like she has been asleep for the past forty years. There is a good reason not to take all of these pills. Look what they are doing to her! :blink:

Guess what she did yesterday? My mother said she could not find her prescription. She said the pharmacy had to have made a mistake. She had me call the pharmacy to tell them, then midway through the conversation, she found the medication. It was right there in front of her on the table!

Dear Claire,

Viruses are very likely your big trouble. West Nile is really nasty. A few people here have had it.

I am scared to death of getting it. Mosquitos are evil! :angry:

You had Epstein-Barr as well in a short time from West Nile. That I am sure added a lot of stress to your system. I know Epstein-Barr stays in the body once it is in. Cher and Leanne Rymes both have it. They are proof you can still have a life after having it.

I am glad you got a good laugh! :lol: God, relatives suck. I would be much happier as an orphan.

These people are the biggest pain in the a**! I am tired of their crap!

Dear Donna,

Undigested food in the stool is bad! :( Is it normal for it to float sometimes even when you are gluten-free? Can anything else cause it to float? I know I have been gluten-free, so I was wondering about this the other day. I hope you do better soon.

That is wonderful news about the vacation! :) A cruise would be wonderful! Those are very relaxing. My best friend went on one before with her fiance. She said it was terrific!

Dear Andrea,

It is good they caught things before the scale tipped with the kids! It would be much worse later in life to deal with. I have always been sickly. My immune system has been impaired since birth.

I probably was born with the Celiac active.

Dear Judy,

It is great that you popped in! I was hoping we would see more of you! Any progress from your doctor yet? Or is he still being stubborn? Mine has not even checked out that lab yet. They said she has not had time. I have waiting on her for a month! :angry:

Dear Everyone,

Well, I was in tears yet again this morning. Another fight with these idiots. I am so tired of this. They refuse to talk to the doctor, because they do not want to face the fact I have Celiac. They are too lazy and self-centered to deal with it. I hate being trapped here. I would rather blow my head off than be stuck here another year.

Just because she did not do the blood tests and stuff, they feel there is no proof. The blood tests are often wrong. I had them done years ago. I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy, but I am not sure if they did a biopsy. Frankly, I do not think they knew what they were looking for anyway. They missed my gallbladder for God's sake!

Who loses their gallbladder at 20? That is not typical. Something caused it. I have a typical history for a Celiac. I do not buy that this cannot be some of the trouble. However, my pill-popping mother is convinced that it is either Lyme or Celiac, and that there is no way they could both exist at the same time. :rolleyes:

Sincerely,

Jin

jerseyangel Proficient

Jin--

I can so relate to your mom! Sunday, I cleared off the table after dinner and went about my business. Luckily, I went into the pantry for something a little while later--and found I had put the Smart Balance in there :o Good thing I happened to look because it is the large sized tub, almost full--and it would have spoiled if left overnight.

Sometimes I think it's just my age :lol:

But Huey Lewis, I do not forget :D

Donna--

Great news about the possible cruise! Hope you can work that out B)

:lol::lol: You said--"brain fog lack of pee fest" :lol::lol:

UR Groovy Explorer

Hi everyone,

Carla,

I've been wanting to mention this since the whole "wax" discussion started. It took me a while to get used to the wax on the braces. I played Trumpet & French Horn while I had braces. It wasn't easy, but with the wax, I adjusted after a while. It's not the same, obviously as the flute or sax - my biggest problem was that I would cut my mouth with the braces - wax was completely necessary. At first, I couldn't quite hit the stuff I could before, but I got used to it.

Tom,

It's really great to have Rachelville as I go through this. I wouldn't have even really worried about the amalgams without R'ville. I'd probably be at the dentist right now - killing myself.

Rachel,

Everyday, I learn something new here. The burbur information is pretty interesting. In the process of detoxing, I have so much knowledge to fall back on now. I'll be seeing a naturopath or some similar practice when this whole thing gets started, but I haven't gotten that far yet.

I'll be interested in seeing how your LED stuff goes. You sure are busy.

I used to want to pin my illnesses on one specific thing, but as time goes on, I'm beginning to understand that there are so many factors that go into it - not just gluten - or dairy - or metal - or virus. It's a culmination of a lot of factors.

Okay - and, about the urine sample - :lol::lol: .

Claire,

We have (had?) the Bodies exhibit here and I decided that it would be more harmful than motivating. I have a tendency (when I see the black lung things) to absorb the picture of it in my head. I think that constantly thinking about how I'm harming my body would be doing more harm than good. I can see how it would be motivating though. I just think that your thoughts can influence your body. I can't do it.

I always feel so bad for people who have difficulties with getting pregnant. I never wanted kids and so I always thought it was heart-breaking that women have to go through so much to get pregnant. Seemed unfair to me since I (who never wanted kids) probably would have been able to if I had wanted to while there were so many out there that wanted kids so much were having so many difficulties. Good luck .

Donna,

I have that undigested food issue about twice a week. I have no idea what causes it, but it makes things awfully crampy and I have mental unease about it. I think I'll spark up my food journal again, because at this point, it's really my only indicator of how my digestion is going. I've gone so far as to blend my food so that won't happen, but it doesn't really work.

I hope you do go on the cruise. It'll be a nice break for ya.

--------------------------------

I'm actually excited about my quit date. I'm excited !

UR Groovy Explorer

I have a question for you guys.

COFFEE.

I'm addicted to coffee. I'll be switching to tea next week (green tea?) as part of my plan. Is the problem with coffee mostly about how harsh it is or is there something else? I'm just wondering because I can't see myself ever living without it. I'm trying to get it in my head before I do it if it'll be a permanent change or if I'll go back to it after I break the addiction to cigarettes.

Not a big deal - if anyone feels like throwing any info. my way, I'd be curious about your opinions of it.

CarlaB Enthusiast

hi!

I'm on my phone so it'll be shorter posting from me for a few days while we're in nc.

Thanks, Laura,you're so sweet!

Kat, i can totally see how wax could help with horns, but with flute its about lips being in just the right place, there is no pain. The wax isnt helping much. Fortunately, it shouldnt be much longer.

Do you still play? I didnt for 23 years and picked it up again a couple years ago.

UR Groovy Explorer
Who loses their gallbladder at 20? That is not typical. Something caused it. I have a typical history for a Celiac. I do not buy that this cannot be some of the trouble. However, my pill-popping mother is convinced that it is either Lyme or Celiac, and that there is no way they could both exist at the same time. :rolleyes:

Oh, Jin,

I wish you were in a happier situation. She thinks Lyme and Celiac can't exist together?

It's not forever Jin. Try to envision your future of peace and happiness. You'll get there.

I just saw this, so I had to post again.

CarlaB Enthusiast
I have a question for you guys.

COFFEE.

I'm addicted to coffee. I'll be switching to tea next week (green tea?) as part of my plan. Is the problem with coffee mostly about how harsh it is or is there something else? I'm just wondering because I can't see myself ever living without it. I'm trying to get it in my head before I do it if it'll be a permanent change or if I'll go back to it after I break the addiction to cigarettes.

Not a big deal - if anyone feels like throwing any info. my way, I'd be curious about your opinions of it.

There are such mixed opinions on coffee. One study will show health benefits yet another will say its evil.

I think organic and moderation are key. I also think its more important to eliminate the cigs. If you do both at once it might be too hard. Maybe drink one cup then switch to tea. Lattes are my last remaining vice and quite honestly i need the240 calories per day right now.

AndreaB Contributor
One of the things that seems to be ok with me is the sulfa pathways, so that probably helps me with the mercury detox. In the Asyra testing, it didn't show as a problem for me.

My doctor told me that Dr. Cowden stresses the importance of doing the sulfa group first even if it doesn't come up on the first ASYRA run. Seth and Micah will be having that done next week even though it didn't show up this time. The SLS's do build up in the body over time and it's in pretty much all personal care products.

The West Nile Virus is pretty bad from what I've heard. I would have to agree that that threw you for a loop.

He talked to me about it last night....stuff like sodium lauryl sulfate in shampoos, soaps, toothpaste, etc. Those sulfa residuals get stored in tissue and affect the body systems...we detox better without having the sulfa residuals.

He told me I should be avoiding sodium lauryl sulfate for life. We're also getting residuals from sulfa antibiotics in dairy, eggs, meat, etc.

What I want to know about it Sodium Myreth Sulfate. That's the new one in either Jason or Toms of Maine products.....I forget.

May be going on a cruise afterall!!!!

That will be great if it works out for you!

Do you think your nut butters are starting to have an effect on you or have you eaten something else recently that your body doesn't like?

She had me call the pharmacy to tell them, then midway through the conversation, she found the medication. It was right there in front of her on the table!

:lol::lol:

Archived