This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

dlp252 Apprentice

Regarding the coffee question...I'm not sure what it is for me, but this tested badly in BioSET for me. It's something in the coffee itself or the way it's processed or maybe even the mold. Decaf and regular...didn't matter I don't think. I had some on Saturday though...couldn't help myself. :ph34r: I was waiting in Target for my mom and aunt and the Starbucks was just staring at me. So I had one...iced vente sugar free vanilla soy latte...take your pick as to what did me in this week. :lol:

Undigested food in the stool is bad! Is it normal for it to float sometimes even when you are gluten-free? Can anything else cause it to float? I know I have been gluten-free, so I was wondering about this the other day. I hope you do better soon.

I don't know if it's normal, but mine do sometimes. I've been about 4 times today so far and half of those floated...the one with the undigested food, no. (That was the first) I know, TMI, TMI Donna! :lol:

Great news about the possible cruise! Hope you can work that out B)

Yeah, me too...haven't heard yet whether we can use our credits...if so, it's a great deal.

I have that undigested food issue about twice a week. I have no idea what causes it, but it makes things awfully crampy and I have mental unease about it. I think I'll spark up my food journal again, because at this point, it's really my only indicator of how my digestion is going. I've gone so far as to blend my food so that won't happen, but it doesn't really work.

I'm excited for your quit date too!

Crampy is a good word for how I feel today, lol. Crappy is descriptive too. :lol:

Do you think your nut butters are starting to have an effect on you or have you eaten something else recently that your body doesn't like?

Actually cut the nut butters out again...ate the last of what I had a few days ago. I ate a carrot yesterday, but I had one on Saturday too with no ill affects. What was undigested was either the carrot or the tomatoes (or maybe both) from yesterday...haven't had either one of those things since Saturday. I have had a couple of new things...I increased my flax meal from 1/4 tsp to 1/2 tsp once a day, had goatein yesterday (a whole scoop instead of half a scoop, only one time), along with a goat milk yogurt for breakfast, and some fruit (one day it was a banana, one day an orange and yesterday an apple (peeled). Everything else is stuff I always eat, all the time. Oh, with the exception of garlic...I've been having a clove or a clove and a half per day at dinner.

I don't know, maybe it's still the soy/coffee/sugarfree vanilla syrup from Saturday.

I've also been having abdominal pain (which I haven't mentioned here cuz so many people are going through so much and it seemed rather minor in comparison), for about a week...happens just once a day, and seemingly after I eat fruit (doesn't seem to matter which kind of fruit).

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AndreaB Contributor
I've also been having abdominal pain (which I haven't mentioned here cuz so many people are going through so much and it seemed rather minor in comparison), for about a week...happens just once a day, and seemingly after I eat fruit (doesn't seem to matter which kind of fruit).

I get some sharp abdominal pains once in awhile. Hasn't happened for the last week though and I haven't nailed down the cause.

I don't know what would be the culprit of the foods you've been eating lately. I would think the soy could have had a part. Aren't you soy intolerant?

jerseyangel Proficient

It's not minor :) I was getting stomach pain more frequently and it dawned on me that I had been eating brown rice cakes for breakfast lately w/almond butter and fruit spread. They are Lundberg, so I didn't really think about them.

Well, after I thought of it, I didn't eat them for a few days--and no pain. I had one as a snack to see what would happen--stomachache.

It could be anything that you're eating most days. Rice cakes never bothered me before, then all of a sudden. Maybe the increased flax, the veggies, or the garlic? Garlic bothers my MIL's stomach--and she can eat literally anything.

dlp252 Apprentice
I don't know what would be the culprit of the foods you've been eating lately. I would think the soy could have had a part. Aren't you soy intolerant?

Yeah I think I am. It definitely tested badly in BioSET, but even before that I noticed that I had "issues" whenever I had soy...at least soymilk...don't have many other forms of it.

It could be anything that you're eating most days. Rice cakes never bothered me before, then all of a sudden. Maybe the increased flax, the veggies, or the garlic? Garlic bothers my MIL's stomach--and she can eat literally anything.

Well, haven't had any fruit today yet, so today will be a good day to test that theory. I haven't had the flax yet either, so maybe I'll just not put that in my even supplement shake today. I thought about the garlic too...maybe I won't have any for a few days. Then I'll make sure to only have one of those at a time to see.

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Patti,

I can relate to the Smart Balance snafu of yours! Sometimes, I catch myself putting things in the wrong place. I am like "What am I doing!?" This is something I think we all have from time to time. These health issues make it more frequent and a lot worse.

The rice cakes are not surprising at all that they bothered you. You know how it is. If you eat the same thing too often, you will end up sensitive to it. The flax is something you might want to go easy on. It can become too much too fast very easily.

I cannot believe Mom forgot or does not know Huey Lewis! You know what? Dad told me he is classified as Jazz. I did not know that. Mom did not go see "Grease" back in 1978, either. John Travolta in tight leather pants, HELLO!

Dear Donna,

Like you said, there were a lot of possibilities here as to what could have messed up your system. The carrots not digesting is a problem I have, too. I ate a whole can one day, and the next day, had D several times. It was awful! Carrots came out the same color as they went in! Oops! We forgot to put up a Scatological Terror Alert!

I am glad your stool floats occaisionally as well. That makes me feel a bit less scared. I knew I had not been glutened. I always get violently ill from that. I heard that Coke was safe, and had been drinking it.

Then I heard it was not, because they still allow 200ppm. However, I would think that if it contained any gluten, I would have gotten ill like usual. I do not drink soft drinks often. Diet or regular are only occaisional treats. Considering I get violently ill from a microscopic amount, it appears Coke is safe.

Coffee does have a number of issues related to it. I would expect the natural molds present in it to be the trouble for you. I know it is not allowed on the Candida Diet. I do not know what to do about that! I am not sure I can give it up! It is the only pleasure I have anymore!

I am not surprised fruit causes you trouble. Most people with a yeast issue do not tolerate it too well. Sometimes you can eat it, but it varies from person to person. I am tolerating it better now. I think I was getting glutened by those stupid stickers!

They do have adhesive. I started peeling them off and taking the peel where the sticker was off, too. I have been doing better, now. I get a little gas and stomach pain, but most of the time it is nothing I cannot deal with. If anything, the pain is more of a nuisance.

Dear Kat,

I am just tired of feeling like it will never get better. Sometimes everything feels so hopeless. It is too much crap to deal with all of the time. Depression just hangs over like a dark cloud. If I was healthy, and not living here, that would go away.

I think coffee has a lot of things. The caffeine is a big no-no for many people. Others do not tolerate the mold naturally present in it. I do not seem to be reacting to it. In fact, I feel worse without it. Green tea is a great alternative, however, the caffeine is much less.

This can cause you trouble. If you do not gradually reduce your caffeine intake beforehand, you could end up with a terrible headache. The withdrawal can make you miserable. When I was off of it before, it made me so useless. I have heard recently that a new study came out and said coffee has more antioxidants than any other beverage, including green tea!

That is so neat you played trumpet and French horn! The guy I used to take violin lessons from played the French horn and a couple of other instruments. I play the piano by ear, but hope to learn acoustic and maybe electric guitar later. I have seen some beauties I would not mind owning! Afterall, they are a form of my expression.

Dear Carla,

I wish I could say I knew how to help! I am afraid I know nothing about was and flutes. Any woodwind probably comes with that trouble. Brass does as well. There is probably something out there that will fix this.

Dear Andrea,

I know, can you believe my mother? She went to the doctor Monday while I was at the dentist. He gave her more pills! Surprise, huh?! This guy is practically a drug dealer. I used to go to him. Thank God I started seeing another doctor last year!

Dear Rachel,

You know how you mentioned the sulfa in foods and antibiotics? Well, I can tolerate foods with sulfa. However, I never could handle taking sulfa antibiotics. I wonder why that is?

Do you have any ideas?

Sincerely,

Jin

UR Groovy Explorer
Do you still play? I didnt for 23 years and picked it up again a couple years ago.

Wow - I can't believe you picked it up again after 23 years. That's pretty coooo.

I messed around with wind instruments for a while, but went back to the horns. I actually switched to baratone for a while because of the braces. I don't play anymore - I kind of dropped out of life at 14. Not sure what happened. I loved my music. I even loved "music" camp - trying to avoid future cracks about "band camp" :P

Hey Jin, I'm learning Bass Guitar right now. Love, love, love it. I'm a total brand newbie - I tried to learn electric guitar, but it didn't feel right. Love the bass though. My guy is a guitar nut. We have 6 in the house. He says that if we ever have to evacuate for fire season, he's taking the guitars - uh ... I don't think so. ;)

Hang in there darlin'.

tom Contributor
I cannot believe Mom forgot or does not know Huey Lewis! You know what? Dad told me he is classified as Jazz. I did not know that.

Arrrrrrrgh! If further proof were needed that Pops needs a change in diet, THIS lunacy is it!

Huey is bar-band pop/rock.

If an occasional sax solo makes a band Jazz, then Aerosmith is jazz too! (Michael Brecker was on an early album)

I am glad your stool floats occaisionally as well. That makes me feel a bit less scared. I knew I had not been glutened.

I still have some floaters maybe once/wk or a little more.

Certainly NOT gluten-related here!!

Doesn't really correlate w/ anything yet.

It's supposed to be fat making the density less than water, so I hear.

Coffee does have a number of issues related to it. I would expect the natural molds present in it to be the trouble for you. I know it is not allowed on the Candida Diet. I do not know what to do about that! I am not sure I can give it up!

I don't think mold is in coffee unless ground coffee has sat around awhile.

Re: Candida diet - As I remember reading, and being told by my ND, the issue is the acidity killing good bacteria.

And when the time comes, of course you *can* give it up.

The mindset needs to be "getting better, By Any Means Necessary".

I am not surprised fruit causes you trouble. Most people with a yeast issue do not tolerate it too well.

Ugh the pain when I tested 5 blueberries on day2 of candida diet. Gut went to concrete in a minute.

I get a little gas and stomach pain, but most of the time it is nothing I cannot deal with. If anything, the pain is more of a nuisance.

Oh my - I think u already know how I feel about this.

Green tea is a great alternative, however, the caffeine is much less.

Tea, being leaves, is definitely moldy and not at all an alternative for anyone w/ candida. :)

If I were in upland Indonesia, picking the leaves mySELF, I'd give it a go.

If you do not gradually reduce your caffeine intake beforehand, you could end up with a terrible headache. The withdrawal can make you miserable.

>Temporarily!<

Sure the hdaches aren't fun, but they were regular basic hdaches for me. A general all encompassing grip of dull pain and tightness.

Nowhere near as heinous as the pre-gluten-free ones, which I named several types of.

My fav name (NOT fav hdache! :o ) was "ball-peen-hdache". Way too far past the ignorable.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tom Contributor
Wow - I can't believe you picked it up again after 23 years. That's pretty coooo.

Ditto!!!!!!

Hey Jin, I'm learning Bass Guitar right now. Love, love, love it. I'm a total brand newbie - I tried to learn electric guitar, but it didn't feel right. Love the bass though. My guy is a guitar nut. We have 6 in the house. He says that if we ever have to evacuate for fire season, he's taking the guitars - uh ... I don't think so. ;)

:) I love it too. For a while I got to play elec guit in a 'backyard band' (as opposed to garage band) in an unpopulated part of Monterey County. The drummer's wife learned bass to help him get the band started. It was a blast for them both.

We even did a few gigs in downtown Mntry - some dark med-sized place on Franklin I think. Susie may know of it.

AndreaB Contributor
I can relate to the Smart Balance snafu of yours! Sometimes, I catch myself putting things in the wrong place. I am like "What am I doing!?" This is something I think we all have from time to time. These health issues make it more frequent and a lot worse.

I've put things in the wrong place before as has my husband......you're not alone Patti. :D

Mom did not go see "Grease" back in 1978, either. John Travolta in tight leather pants, HELLO!

I loved Grease! Saw it 13-14 times......most of those were on HBO. I loved Olivia Newton-John though. I loved her singing. I really enjoyed the whole movie though.

I am tolerating it better now. I think I was getting glutened by those stupid stickers!

They do have adhesive. I started peeling them off and taking the peel where the sticker was off, too. I have been doing better, now. I get a little gas and stomach pain, but most of the time it is nothing I cannot deal with. If anything, the pain is more of a nuisance.

I thought those stickers were corn based......pretty sure but not 100% sure though.

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Kat,

The bass guitar sounds good. I do not like the idea of cutting my nails, though. I feel naked without them. I have always had long nails! :lol: I do not know what I could do without them.

The acoustic I already have. I want to have a good electric when I do get one. I found a couple of really cool places online that sell them. One of them is local, called The Musician's Den. Their selection is pretty nice.

That is hilarious about your husband! :lol: You would be like "Help, honey! I am trapped!" He would be rushing out carrying the guitars gallantly! :lol: The firemen would get there, and they would ask him where you were. I can see the headline now "Woman Dies From Man's Stupidy". :lol:

Dear tom,

I thought Huey was pop! Dad does need to eat healthier. That will never happen. He would rather die than give up all of the crap. It beats the hell out of me why. :huh:

I had heard something about fat doing that to stool as well. I had my gallbladder out. As a result, I cannot digest fat. If I eat something high in fat, I literally poop oil. Scat warning! I am glad others get this symptom as well.

Oh, why can't there be water that tastes like coffee that has no acid or mold? I never thought the acid was a problem. I knew it could aggravate reflux, but figured mold was the more substantial issue for Candida. I wish I could keep drinking it. However, I have a bad feeling that will not be possible. The woman at the healthfood store said green tea was allowed, but you said it is not.

That was scary about the blueberries. You have to watch them anyway. The mold very quickly.

Even if you do not have Candida, mold is not tasty! Let's just say I accidentally bit into a moldy blueberry a while back. Puh-too-ey!

Yes, I know what your view is on the little pain. I get it periodically. I am careful, but sometimes any little thing sets off my stomach. This tends to be cyclical. That is why I think some of it is Lyme and Babs related.

Do you think if you grew the tea yourself it would be safe? I wonder if you could take it, grow it fresh, and then freeze it? I think it could work? How about you? I think it would be worth a go!

I know Rinne drank coffee for many years like I have. She was able to stop. I am just going to miss the taste and buzz so much! It is like abandoning a best friend. Me and coffee have been together for so long. He has always been loyal and cheered me up.

Dear Andrea,

I think we do those goofy things because we get distracted. We are thinking of something else. I am always thinking about what all needs done. Sometimes, I notice before I do something really goofy. You know how you go into a room when you are not paying attention and then be like "Why did I go in here?" I think everyone does that.

Olivia is such a great singer! I do not know how many times I have seen "Grease". Probably at least three. You saw it a lot more than I did! It does help to have HBO! They air it more often than other networks.

Maybe the stickers are corn-based. I do not know. I was worried about that. Since it could be in adhesives, I thought maybe I better be careful about the stickers to be safe. You just never know, they sneak into so much!

Sincerely,

Jin

P.S. tom - you little fart! I see you posting again already! :lol:

UR Groovy Explorer
That is hilarious about your husband! :lol: You would be like "Help, honey! I am trapped!" He would be rushing out carrying the guitars gallantly! :lol: The firemen would get there, and they would ask him where you were. I can see the headline now "Woman Dies From Man's Stupidy". :lol:

:lol::lol: TOTALLY !

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Dear Rachel,

You know how you mentioned the sulfa in foods and antibiotics? Well, I can tolerate foods with sulfa. However, I never could handle taking sulfa antibiotics. I wonder why that is?

Do you have any ideas?

Jin...the "sulfa" in sulfa drugs are not the same as other sulfur containing foods or additives like sulfites and sulfates.

The sulfa in antibiotics comes from the "sulfonamide" group....they are unrelated to the stuff thats in food....chemically they are not the same.

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Kat,

You know, I bet a lot of women have died from man's stupidity. There still seem to be more male doctors...coincidence? I don't think so! They would be like "Sir, why didn't you help your wife out of the house?" He would reply "Because, I had to save the children!" He will say that while hugging the guitars. That is a typical guy for you.

Dear Rachel,

I thought that might be why the sulfa drugs made me ill. I never could take them. Even when I was a little child, they made me very sick. I think that is the trouble. They get to chemically ecstatic and that is what happens. They ruin all that is natural.

Sincerely,

Jin

tom Contributor

Lisa,

It was great to see your post w/ u sounding better. Sure wish they would've done some IV though.

How are you today?

Carla! Kat!

We've got all the wind instr type covered right? Brass, reeds, non-reed woodwind? (What's the word I wanted?) (and don't bring up double-reeds as separate category dangit!!)

And 3 types of emboucheres w/ diff waxishnesses.

Sax might work best since there's neither mouthpiece pressure straight on braces nor the need for sich subtle lip control.

It'd feel weird but only bottom lip bulge would ever possibly interfere w/ playing.

<annnnnnnnd some other catching up>

Dear tom,

. . . . That is interesting you sister is an attorney. I want to be one. My father hates them, but oh well.

She was to be an Environmental Advocate, but ended up doing other things so far.

She started law school at ~ age 35.

Alright, goat cheese! So, did you get to have an omelette or other gourmet treat? What all did it consist of? How about a dip? That would probably be quite tasty in a wrap.

Mmmmmm I did have the greatest omelet ever. (To me it's not a real omelet w/out cheese) 2 yrs w/out makes it PRETty special! :)

Just onion and bell peppers and goat FETA!!!

Dear Lisa,

I wonder if Q'i Gong could help. It is a type of energy healing. Ancient Chinese Medicine uses it all the time. One woman's heart condition was healed by it. I know we have people practicing here, so surely someone near you could do it.

That's a great idea!!

I had Q'i Gong done to me for a while and it was quite amazing. I can't possibly understand how it does what it does but I am sure it did some good.

I have a question for you guys.

COFFEE.

I'm addicted to coffee. I'll be switching to tea next week (green tea?) as part of my plan. Is the problem with coffee mostly about how harsh it is or is there something else? I'm just wondering because I can't see myself ever living without it. I'm trying to get it in my head before I do it if it'll be a permanent change or if I'll go back to it after I break the addiction to cigarettes.

Not a big deal - if anyone feels like throwing any info. my way, I'd be curious about your opinions of it.

I think tea is a bigger candida no-no than coffee, tho both certainly bad.

While coffee kills good bacteria, tea (yes even green) feeds the beasties.

So I had one...iced vente sugar free vanilla soy latte...take your pick as to what did me in this week. :lol:

Everything else is stuff I always eat, all the time. Oh, with the exception of garlic...I've been having a clove or a clove and a half per day at dinner.

I don't know, maybe it's still the soy/coffee/sugarfree vanilla syrup from Saturday.

I pick vanilla latte.

Mmmmmmm garlic!!

Bah vanilla syrup

Bah fruity pain - I know you have much more going on, but that was me and fruit and candida.

I guess I was pretty lucky to only have candida (as far as I know) when I started the strict diet.

jerseyangel Proficient

I'm allergic to sulfa drugs (hives) and I always used to get confused about sulfa, sulfer, sulfates, etc. :blink:

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear tom,

Wow, your sister did not go to law school until 35! That gives me some hope. I thought I was old. Maybe I will be able to find a way to get a Bachelor's. Then, I can take the LSATs and go to law school! They have a special program for helping you do well on the test at Kaplan.

That omelette sounds great! It is like the perfect Greek omelette! I agree that omelettes are made with cheese. None of that fake crap! It is all about real food!

Q'i Gong really is about energy. Practitioners can sense where the blockages are and everything. One woman did not even tell the person that was performing it on her about her heart condition. She had a blockage, and they sensed it, and healed it! Energy healing is not spoken of as much as it should be. Witches often do these things.

Dear Patti,

Sulfa drugs were not kind to me at all. They gave me nausea, hives, and D. It was quite unpleasant. I react that way to Cechlor and a lot of other antibiotics. There are a select few I tolerate.

Sincerely,

Jin

Rachel--24 Collaborator
CAME ON EARLY TO SEE HOW YOU DID YEST

PLEASE ADD ME TO EAMIL LIST RACHEL

HI EVERYONE.

J

JUDY.....OF COURSE. :)

PLEASE TELL ROBBIN I'LL BE WRITING BACK....JUST REALLY TIRED AND ONLY 4 HOURS SLEEP EACH NIGHT THIS WEEK. I WILL HAVE TO CATCH UP WITH EVERYTHING ON THE WEEKEND.

THERES SO MUCH I'M EXCITED TO SHARE BUT ABSOLUTELY NO ENERGY! TONIGHT I'M GOING TO BED EARLY FOR SURE. ;)

Rachel,

Everyday, I learn something new here.

KAT...I'm so glad. :)

Its great that you were able to find the info and I'm happy that you're feeling confidant in what you're doing. Despites the laziness I happen to think you are very motivated and I have no doubts you will succeed with whatever you put your mind to.

Yay for quitting smoking! :D

Did I tell you I smoked a pack a day for 14 years?? :o

I'll be interested in seeing how your LED stuff goes. You sure are busy.

I'm very excited but also a little nervous still. I'll be doing a treatment once a week...either Friday's or Saturday mornings. I cant work the day after a treatment so I can only do them over the weekend or if I'm on vacation.

I still have 3 weeks left to take...was supposed to be on vacation next week but postponed it now for the second time this month. I cant decide. :rolleyes:

I used to want to pin my illnesses on one specific thing, but as time goes on, I'm beginning to understand that there are so many factors that go into it - not just gluten - or dairy - or metal - or virus. It's a culmination of a lot of factors.

Yup....it really is....like my Dr. said last night...its a "stew".....so many things begin to pile on top of each other......especially if the problems have been there for a long time.

I'm pretty sure we've all done the same thing with trying to pin it all on one thing. I think its probably the biggest mistake we make....but going into it....none of us could have had any ideas about the complexity of all this. Its been a learning process. :)

Okay - and, about the urine sample - :lol::lol: .

Yeah...my brain-fogged lack of pee-fest. :lol::lol:

Who said that anyway?? Was it Jin? Too funny. :P

I hope you do go on the cruise. It'll be a nice break for ya.

DITTO Donna......you are the QUEEN of cruises here in R-Ville!! You travel the world and just make sure you check in and let us know what its like wherever you're at!! ;)

My doctor told me that Dr. Cowden stresses the importance of doing the sulfa group first even if it doesn't come up on the first ASYRA run. Seth and Micah will be having that done next week even though it didn't show up this time. The SLS's do build up in the body over time and it's in pretty much all personal care products.

Yeah...the sulfa treatment is a must according to Cowden....its supposed to be the first treatment for everyone.

tom Contributor
. . . . The woman at the healthfood store said green tea was allowed, but you said it is not.

I admit it's controversial. It's not as cut&dried as . .. .. .well .. . . .black tea .. . which IS in fact both cut AND dried and moldy and fermenting.

But my ND and most of the books I've seen put even green tea as a no-no.

That was scary about the blueberries. You have to watch them anyway. The mold very quickly.

I'm real sure my experience was just the sugar. Suddenly my beasties got 0 sugar of any sort for a couple days, then thought it was party-time when little blue berries showed up.

Do you think if you grew the tea yourself it would be safe? I wonder if you could take it, grow it fresh, and then freeze it? I think it could work? How about you? I think it would be worth a go!

Not sure what freezing does to fresh tea leaves.

Sounds like a lotta work for a cup of tea, to me.

Dear Andrea,

I think we do those goofy things because we get distracted. We are thinking of something else. I am always thinking about what all needs done. Sometimes, I notice before I do something really goofy. You know how you go into a room when you are not paying attention and then be like "Why did I go in here?" I think everyone does that.

(Here we go again) Until June, several times a day, when I would get up yet again to refill my water glass, I'd get to the fridge and reach for the filter pitcher and THEN realize I forgot the stupid glass!!

It hasn't happened in a while. It WAS several times/day, every day.

In fact, I'm nowhere near as thirsty as i've been for who knows how many yrs.

P.S. tom - you little fart! I see you posting again already! :lol:

LOL I got called little fart.

And I was pasting in stuff I'd collected since yesterday!!

OK - time for doin' something. It was supposed to be new MesaArtsCenter Art Museum day w/ Mom but . .. . . LOL she just emailed. Looks like it's a go.

Thought I was gonna choose sax or bball.

Hope you're all having a good day!! :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I never drank coffee.....it was all soda for me. Soda for breakfast, lunch and dinner.....and everything in between. :rolleyes:

I dont think I ever needed caffeine....I drank any soda...not necessarily the ones with caffeine.

Right when I got sick I fell in LOVE with Starbucks caramel crappacinos. I always had them make it de-caf though.....cuz of my hyperthyroid.

All the diets for candida, leaky gut or any kind of detox...say no caffeine. Its a strong irritant to the gut and it also adds to the "total body burden".

The most important way of strengthening your body
DingoGirl Enthusiast
Starbucks caramel crappacinos.

:lol::huh: crappacino? is that a typo, or is that what you call them? :lol:

just a poop-in, folks. I am not REMOTELY caught up!

in other news.......

I have a hangover that would kill a lesser human, or small farm animal, I am pretty sure. I don't know what happened last night but I do think it had to do with hardly eating anything yesterday and being dehydrated....

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

[please, I do not expect or need any sympathy - - and this day alone has been punishment in itself]

oh, you know what else? my good friend is waiting on Ivanka Trump tonight (poor Ivanka is in FresNO), at the posh little french bistro where she works :lol:

AndreaB Contributor
[please, I do not expect or need any sympathy - - and this day alone has been punishment in itself]

Ok, no sympathy......but I hope you don't do this to yourself again. You need to eat and water is extremely important as you know. :)

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular
I have a question for you guys.

COFFEE.

I'm addicted to coffee. I'll be switching to tea next week (green tea?) as part of my plan. Is the problem with coffee mostly about how harsh it is or is there something else? I'm just wondering because I can't see myself ever living without it. I'm trying to get it in my head before I do it if it'll be a permanent change or if I'll go back to it after I break the addiction to cigarettes.

Not a big deal - if anyone feels like throwing any info. my way, I'd be curious about your opinions of it.

Don't know if this will help at all, but to my knowledge, the only things I seem to have major problems with are gluten and--coffee.

My brother has no food problems, but I remember seeing him try his first cigarette--and he vomited (which is one of the reasons I have never ever ever been remotely tempted to try it). apparently, it happened every time he tried, so he never started, either. I've read since (but can't find the source now) that tobacco can do that to some people, but I never saw an explanation of why.

Do you think it might be possible that coffee and cigs are causing a good part of your problems? It's kind of frightening when you think how many legal addictive substances there are...

mftnchn Explorer

Hi just a pop in for me too...I am totally behind and probably won't catch up as I have too much work to do now that I am functioning somewhat again. Just an update after my phone consultation with my doc:

Food sensitivities: he said try to increase my digestive enzymes when I eat a food that is reactive as this will help.

Sulfur: He said yes on the cysteine (thanks to what I have learned here!!)--it is low enough I would benefit from supplementing. Have ordered for my friends to bring early Aug.

Big C: He is concerned about the high Magnesium--he said try to go higher Vit C and lower Mg. So I am trying this switch gradually. Been regular every day the last 1-2 weeks at least, and we don't want to lose that improvement.

Metals: He said to increase my DMPS, I have enough here to double it--2 days every two weeks. He said max dose is 3 every week so there is room to adjust.

ABX: I will try 10-14 days of flagyl to see if I can "break through" the symptoms that collect around it. Then 2 days a week, with 5 days on azithromycin, both three weeks out of the month with one week off. He says this may be enough for me. Stay on transfer factor and cat's claw all the time.

One other thing that really helped yesterday: He said take the charcoal 30 min before the meal, then take flagyl with the meal. (I was taking the charcoal mid afternoon and evening.)

Salt/C: he said no. His experience is that it isn't very well tolerated and hasn't been that helpful to his patients.

Thanks to all of your ideas that helped me ask good questions!

mftnchn Explorer

One more idea from my doc: Making your own probiotics, not in yogurt. He said open one capsule of probiotic into a couple of quarts of vegetables or juice that you tolerate. Put it in an open air environment for 3-5 days. He said that the good bacteria will really grow well. One capsule then goes a long way. I'm not going to try this right away but thought I would pass on the idea.

I didn't ask about mold in this, but my impression was that the bacteria multiply rapidly and keep that under control.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Hi just a pop in for me too...I am totally behind and probably won't catch up as I have too much work to do now that I am functioning somewhat again. Just an update after my phone consultation with my doc:

Sherry,

Thanks for the update...sounds like the phone consult went really well! :)

From what I've read I would have to agree about the salt/C treatment. I think alot of people react negatively to it. I rememember reading that Dr. Klinghardt uses it only for people who test well for it with ART and only for parasites....not Lyme. Alot of people dont test well for that treatment though.

Archived