This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Spelling / Bad Word Filter

tiredofdoctors

tiredofdoctors Enthusiast

Is there a way to remove the filter that turns the letters C D, when put together, into "celiac disease" every time????? Thanks! . . . Lynne

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

celiac3270 Collaborator

I don't think so. Sorry....

VydorScope Proficient

There is, but Scott has to do it and I already asked, and he already ingored the request :) Same goes for G,F

mouse Enthusiast

If I am talking about a C D and not celiac disease, I just seperate the two letters. I do the same for D H so that they don't think I am taling about my husband.

Mango04 Enthusiast

you can always just put periods between the letters.

c.d.

g.f.

Scott Adams Grand Master

Sorry but members' posts can only be helpful if a search here, or at some search engine can find the key words associated with the information that has been posted. People here use C D and G F all constantly, which makes finding their info by others in a search impossible. For this info to help others it must contain important key words (like celiac disease and gluten free).

Take care,

Scott

you can always just put periods between the letters.

c.d.

g.f.

• 5 months later...
Michi8 Contributor

I noticed when I posted last that "G F" (without the space) got changed to "gluten-free." Why is this happening now? Is there a reason that acronyms need to be changed? Is there a list somewhere that outlines which words/phrases will be changed?

Michelle

who's not thrilled about having words "censored." :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Suzie-GFfamily Apprentice

I had a similar thing happen this morning too.

I posted a recipe and one of my ingredients (a tade-name grain) was changed to "Lame Advertisment".

I had typed the word s-a-l-b-a (without the dashes).

Suzie

Guest Viola
:o This is strange, I know if you put a swear word in, it will change, even if it's also a word that could be used normally. I've had that done :lol: We just thought it was funny.
dlp252 Apprentice

I don't know all the words, but definitely G F will change as will C D...it changes to celiac disease.

I think Lame Advertisement is another...it changes to Lame Advertisement

Jestgar Rising Star

Lame Advertisement gluten-free cf

This is kind of fun

Guest melannen

poop, Lame Advertisement, gluten-free

hahahaha

you're right, it is fun :D

2kids4me Contributor

I wonder if they will correct all the acronyms? ds dh dd DH "D" "C" BIL SIL ....

will they correct typos too? :P

Mamato2boys Contributor

Lame Advertisement, poop, gluten-free, celiac disease

:lol:

Michi8 Contributor
Lame Advertisement, poop, gluten-free, celiac disease

:lol:

LOL!

I just found it curious, since I don't think this was happening when I first joined. There is one forum I'm a member of that simply links acronyms to a dictionary so if someone doesn't understand it, they can look it up. Hmmm...let's try a couple others to see if they change:

AFAIK

YMMV

ROTFLMAO

Michelle :D

Hmmm...guess it's not a very thorough censor! :P

Michelle

Jestgar Rising Star

maybe we should run the list of "forbidden" words and see what gets changed

Guest nini

I think it's crazy when you are reading about someone's girlfriend and they keep referring to their gluten free... or when someone is talking about the music on the compact disc in their car player and it comes out, I have the new Madonna celiac disease !!!!!!!!!!! :P

Guest Viola

Let me try something :lol:

My jerk took a poop on the golf course and I had to clean it up...don't want our golf balls to end up in it. :D

Oh, this is too funny :lol: 'jerk' is exchanged for the normal term for a female dog, and of course we all know what 'poop' replaced. :lol::lol:

Michi8 Contributor
I think it's crazy when you are reading about someone's girlfriend and they keep referring to their gluten free... or when someone is talking about the music on the compact disc in their car player and it comes out, I have the new Madonna celiac disease !!!!!!!!!!! :P

Is it the same issue with referring to your DH (dear/darned/damned husband) and DH (dermatitis herpetiformis)?

Michelle

Guest nini
Is it the same issue with referring to your DH (dear/darned/damned husband) and DH (dermatitis herpetiformis)?

Michelle

LOL!!!!!

Michi8 Contributor

LOL!!!!!

I guess both could be a pain in the @$$! LOL!

Michelle

note: I had to censor "ass" myself, since the program apparently doesn't find it offensive!!!

Canadian Karen Community Regular

LMAO!

I wonder what would happen if you put "hole" at the end of it!

Guest Viola
LMAO!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Rikki Tikki Explorer
LMAO!

Like this jerk :lol::lol::lol:

LMAO!

Like this jerk :lol::lol::lol:

I used the a word and it changed to jerk

Scott Adams Grand Master

For bad words it is obvious why the filter is there. Some companies' names are changed to "Lame Advertisement" because they have broken our rules and used this forum to advertise their products.

For the rest like G.F. or C.D. Open Original Shared Link.

Take care,

Scott

Archived