• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

tiredofdoctors!!!

Spelling / Bad Word Filter

Rate this topic

If I am talking about a C D and not celiac disease, I just seperate the two letters. I do the same for D H so that they don't think I am taling about my husband.

Sorry but members' posts can only be helpful if a search here, or at some search engine can find the key words associated with the information that has been posted. People here use C D and G F all constantly, which makes finding their info by others in a search impossible. For this info to help others it must contain important key words (like celiac disease and gluten free).

Take care,

Scott

you can always just put periods between the letters.

c.d.

g.f.

I noticed when I posted last that "G F" (without the space) got changed to "gluten-free." Why is this happening now? Is there a reason that acronyms need to be changed? Is there a list somewhere that outlines which words/phrases will be changed?

Michelle

who's not thrilled about having words "censored." :P

I had a similar thing happen this morning too.

I posted a recipe and one of my ingredients (a tade-name grain) was changed to "Lame Advertisment".

I had typed the word s-a-l-b-a (without the dashes).

Suzie

Guest Viola
:o This is strange, I know if you put a swear word in, it will change, even if it's also a word that could be used normally. I've had that done :lol: We just thought it was funny.

I don't know all the words, but definitely G F will change as will C D...it changes to celiac disease.

I think Lame Advertisement is another...it changes to Lame Advertisement

Lame Advertisement, poop, gluten-free, celiac disease

:lol:

LOL!

I just found it curious, since I don't think this was happening when I first joined. There is one forum I'm a member of that simply links acronyms to a dictionary so if someone doesn't understand it, they can look it up. Hmmm...let's try a couple others to see if they change:

AFAIK

YMMV

ROTFLMAO

Michelle :D

Hmmm...guess it's not a very thorough censor! :P

Michelle

Guest nini

I think it's crazy when you are reading about someone's girlfriend and they keep referring to their gluten free... or when someone is talking about the music on the compact disc in their car player and it comes out, I have the new Madonna celiac disease !!!!!!!!!!! :P

Guest Viola

Let me try something :lol:

My jerk took a poop on the golf course and I had to clean it up...don't want our golf balls to end up in it. :D

Oh, this is too funny :lol: 'jerk' is exchanged for the normal term for a female dog, and of course we all know what 'poop' replaced. :lol::lol:

I think it's crazy when you are reading about someone's girlfriend and they keep referring to their gluten free... or when someone is talking about the music on the compact disc in their car player and it comes out, I have the new Madonna celiac disease !!!!!!!!!!! :P

Is it the same issue with referring to your DH (dear/darned/damned husband) and DH (dermatitis herpetiformis)?

Michelle

Guest nini
Is it the same issue with referring to your DH (dear/darned/damned husband) and DH (dermatitis herpetiformis)?

Michelle

LOL!!!!!

LOL!!!!!

I guess both could be a pain in the @$$! LOL!

Michelle

note: I had to censor "ass" myself, since the program apparently doesn't find it offensive!!!

LMAO!

I wonder what would happen if you put "hole" at the end of it!

Like this jerk :lol::lol::lol:

LMAO!

I wonder what would happen if you put "hole" at the end of it!

Like this jerk :lol::lol::lol:

I used the a word and it changed to jerk