• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

Does anyone know if Uncle Ben's Ready Rice(long grain white) is gluten Free. I know the regular Uncle Ben's Long Grain White Rice says gluten free right on the box. When I checked the Ready Rice package it didn't say gluten-free. Ingredients are : Long grain white rice, sunflower oil, water, salt. Anyone have any thoughts on this. I love the convenience of microwaving the rice in just 90 seconds!

thanks-

Cali

Well, just reading the ingredinets listed on thier web page....

INGREDIENTS

PRECOOKED LONG GRAIN RICE; WATER; PRECOOKED WILD RICE; HYDROLYZED SOY/CORN/WHEAT PROTEIN; CANOLA OIL; SUNFLOWER OIL; VEGETABLES (GARLIC*, ONION*, PARSLEY*, SPINACH*, CELERY*, TOMATO*, CARROT*); SUGAR; AUTOLYZED YEAST EXTRACT; SALT; ACETYLATED MONOGLYCERIDE; SPICES; DEXTROSE; SMOKE FLAVOR; NATURAL FLAVORS. *DRIED.

I would say its not at all safe.

There are different varieties in the 90 second pouches - some flavored some plain. I have had a couple of them and experienced slight reactions to the brown rice. For me, the plain white rice in the 90 second pouch was fine.

If you have a Trader Joe's near you, you can get frozen cooked rice (brown or white) that is *nothing* but rice that you can heat in the microwave (granted, it takes 150 seconds, not 90...).

I was just asking about the Long Grain White Ready Rice. I know that some of the flavored ones have obvious wheat in the ingredients.

Yep and thats the one I got the ingredients from ..

http://www.unclebens.com/rice/nutrition_info.aspx?prod=88

Says wheat in the ingredients, so cant be safe. Unless you ment this one

http://www.unclebens.com/rice/nutrition_info.aspx?prod=89

If so it looks it might be safe, but with out calling them I couuld not commennt beyond that.

Does anyone know if Uncle Ben's Ready Rice(long grain white) is gluten Free. I know the regular Uncle Ben's Long Grain White Rice says gluten free right on the box. When I checked the Ready Rice package it didn't say gluten-free. Ingredients are : Long grain white rice, sunflower oil, water, salt. Anyone have any thoughts on this. I love the convenience of microwaving the rice in just 90 seconds!

thanks-

Cali

I'm on a healing diet that does not allow rice. I also do not microwave much now due to the enzimes(sp) that say microwaving distroys. I need all of those I can get. LindaLee

I love the flavored spanish style rice. It is great for a quick mexican dinner. However, it is one of the few that seem to be gluten-free.

Hez