Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guhlia

Pumpkin Pie "cupcakes"

For those of you that don't want to go through the hassle of making a pie crust, this recipe is very simple to make and tastes great.

INGREDIENTS

* 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin

* 1 (14 ounce) can Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)

* 2 eggs

* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

* 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

* 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

* 1/2 teaspoon salt

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2. Put baking cups (liners) into a muffin/cupcake pan.

3. Whisk pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, spices and salt in medium bowl until smooth.

4. Pour mixture into each cup about until about 3/4 full.

5. Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

6. Cool. Garnish as desired.

Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.

Where do I buy a premade gluten-free pie crust?

I find them at Whole Foods & also most gluten-free stores carry them. I think they taste like cardboard but I do use them when I'm lazy..... Lately I just eat the filling!!!!!!Gillian's is one who mfg. a gluten-free crust.

Alot of times for the pumpkin filling I just grease the pie plate & just use the reg. filling ---it comes out great without a crust.

mamaw

Where do I buy a premade gluten-free pie crust?

Oops... I don't know why I put pie crust... This recipe doesn't use a pie crust. My mom's recipe originally used a pie crust and I modified it to be slightly more firm so it didn't need a crust. Sorry about that.

Another question. If after they have been cooled, etc., can you take off the muffin liner and do they still hold their shape. I was thinking like doing a presentation with garnish on a plate.

Another question. If after they have been cooled, etc., can you take off the muffin liner and do they still hold their shape. I was thinking like doing a presentation with garnish on a plate.

After cooling, they hold their shape very well. They are firm enough to go without liner after cooling. They are also delicious. I thought this was a really nice alternative to pumpkin pie. Also, the cupcakes look really cute decorated with whipped cream. I tend to get kind of artsy when I'm serving food. I imagine they would make a beautiful presentation with garnish. The only thing I would tend to warn you about is that, because of the egg, they deflate while cooling and look a little, well, deflated on top. That's why I get creative with the whipped cream. Perhaps someone can offer a suggestion as to how to keep them from deflating.

Thanks. I wrote the additonal suggestions on the print out. I thought that they almost sound like a pumpkin mouse' (sp). I thought that maybe a carmel type something drizzled on the top sounded good.

Cream Cheese Icing..........Yum! They might taste like pumpkin roll (or pumpkin log).

Thanks for posting the recipe - I will try them out and I will frost them with cream cheese icing.

Is there anything special I do to make cream cheese icing. I really thought this would be a great recipe to take to someone's home for Thanksgiving.

They taste and feel exactly like pumpkin pie, but without the crust. They're slightly more firm than a pie, but you really can't tell. They certainly don't have the consistency of a cupcake. IMHO they are better than pumpkin pie. Let me know how the cream cheese icing tastes on them, if it's good, maybe I'll try that next time.

We have used this one before - I found this one on FoodNetwork.com - courtesy of Paula Deen.

1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature

1/2 cup butter (1 stick), at room temperature

1 pound confectioners' sugar, sifted

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

In a bowl, blend together the cream cheese and butter. Gradually add the confectioners' sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla.

I made these today... YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY!!! So easy and a great quick treat for everyone!! Thanks for posting it!! :D

what if you lined the bottom of the cupcake cup with a baked disc of pie dough? or lpace it on top before baking?

what if you lined the bottom of the cupcake cup with a baked disc of pie dough? or lpace it on top before baking?

That sounds delicious. Or a gluten free 'nilla wafer on the bottom. There's a fabulous recipe on topsecretrecipes.com. I just replaced the cake flour with gluten free all purpose flour.

emcmaster, I have no clue how you could make them dairy free. Do you have a pumpkin pie recipe that you use? If so, I would just use that recipe, but cut back on the liquid just a smidge so that it's more solid to stay in cupcake form.

Elizabeth--I'll bet that Vance's made double strength would work with this. Everything I've tried using it in has come out fine.

Deb--Good idea--pie dough cut into a leaf or pumpkin shape would look very nice.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. I think I just drooled on the key board.

A "friend" was just describing a deicious pumpkin pie, not gluten free of course, so all

I can say is BOOYAH.....

Elizabeth--I'll bet that Vance's made double strength would work with this. Everything I've tried using it in has come out fine.

Deb--Good idea--pie dough cut into a leaf or pumpkin shape would look very nice.

Be sure to add sugar to the Vance's. Perhaps someone will know a conversion for amount of sugar per can of sweetened condensed milk?

Be sure to add sugar to the Vance's. Perhaps someone will know a conversion for amount of sugar per can of sweetened condensed milk?

1 1/4 cups of sugar to 1 cup of milk--simmer until dissolved. I would imagine you could play with the amount of sugar if you wanted to. :)

1 1/4 cups of sugar to 1 cup of milk--simmer until dissolved. I would imagine you could play with the amount of sugar if you wanted to. :)

Wow, that's a lot of sugar! So I should make Vance's double strength and then simmer it with the sugar, stirring until it's dissolved? Sounds like a plan.

Wow, that's a lot of sugar! So I should make Vance's double strength and then simmer it with the sugar, stirring until it's dissolved? Sounds like a plan.

It is a lot of sugar--but that's the basic recipe for sweetened condensed milk. For a typical pumpkin pie, the amount of sugar is more like 3/4 cup. This is one of those things where you would have to try it and than make adjustments if necessary. Maybe cut down on the sugar a little bit at first? I'm not completely sure...

I'm going to try this with the Vance's but I have to remember to pick up the pumpkin :D

I was searching, and found this recipe for sweetened condensed milk using powdered milk--this might even work better with Vance's--

http://www.carrieschocolates.com/Recipes/s...ndensedmilk.htm

Anyway, there's a couple of ways to go at this dairy free.

I made them as soon as I got home and OM they were wonderful. I bought some cinnamon/brown sugar cream cheese swirls and mixed in some :o marshmellow cream and made a wonderful icing. Thank you

For those of you that don't want to go through the hassle of making a pie crust, this recipe is very simple to make and tastes great.

INGREDIENTS

* 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin

* 1 (14 ounce) can Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)

* 2 eggs

* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

* 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

* 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

* 1/2 teaspoon salt

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2. Put baking cups (liners) into a muffin/cupcake pan.

3. Whisk pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, spices and salt in medium bowl until smooth.

4. Pour mixture into each cup about until about 3/4 full.

5. Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

6. Cool. Garnish as desired.

Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.

I am so excited about this! I can't wait for thanksgiving, but I have one question. Do you have to use liners in the muffin pan? Will they still hold without them?

I made them as soon as I got home and OM they were wonderful. I bought some cinnamon/brown sugar cream cheese swirls and mixed in some :o marshmellow cream and made a wonderful icing. Thank you

Jenny - what is cinnamon/brown sugar cream cheese swirls? Sounds yummy - I just don't know what that is.....

• Forum Discussions

Hey!  I found this article and I wondered if.... https://www.thehealthy.com/nutrition/medical-mystery-scurvy-2012/ It's about a man with scurvy, yep, Vitamin C deficiency!  Do you think your symptoms are similar? And this a...
    Not sure if this article will help...it's about when antibodies develop in children predisposed to Celiac and diabetes, but it discusses the different antibody tests and the ages different antibodies appear.   https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.g...
    Have you been checked for a vitamin B12 deficiency?  B12 deficiency can cause diarrhea, bloating, migraines, vision problems like your flashes of light, skin rashes, itching,  hallucinations, and mental problems like mania, bipolar, depression, ...