Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kimber

Perky O's A Bust...any Other Cheeios Like Rec?

Hi everyone

I am looking for a cheerio look-alike but I want something gluten, dairy, soy and CORN free

Do i have any other options?

My kids are pretty open top trying new foods and even my dd who eats everything wouldn't go for the perky O's

Darn!

Kim

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

My son didn't like the Perky-O's either. Thank goodness they were on sale for a bargain $4.99 :o down from $6.99 for a 263g box.

They seemed pretty bland. I suppose I'll try to convince him to eat them and I'll put gobs of brown sugar on them for encouragement. He used to live on Honey Nut Cheerios, so that's what we're looking for.

Linda, Mom to Ty (11 years old)

Ty was diagnosed by blood test June 7/05

biopsy Aug 11/05, diagnosis confirmed Aug 18/05

Mom, Dad and big brother Celiac-free.

I tried them too, thought they were awful, it made me so mad to throw a whole box away, I paid almost 7 bucks :angry:

~Betty

Guest nini

yeah the Perky O's were pretty yuck...

Have you seen the Glutino ones? I don't know if they meet all of your allergen free requirements, but might be worth checking out...

I actually add honey to the perky'os instead of sugar and my daughter likes them :) Have you tried that?

My son didn't like the Perky-O's either. Thank goodness they were on sale for a bargain $4.99 :o down from $6.99 for a 263g box.

They seemed pretty bland. I suppose I'll try to convince him to eat them and I'll put gobs of brown sugar on them for encouragement. He used to live on Honey Nut Cheerios, so that's what we're looking for.

I used to eat 3 bowls of Cheerios a day, and I gave up after struggling through half a box of Perky-Os. No more for me, thanks. I think it was the salt that made Cheerios so good.

Lee

I never liked bread anyway.....

I have yet to find any Cheerio's or CAPT Crunch or Rice Krispies, or Corn Flakes substitue that I can tolerate. Don't know what's wrong with them, but they are awful. I've tried lots of substitutes and no joy.

So, I no longer eat cereal except for CAPT Crunch once in a great while (a bowl once in a while doesn't bother me, but everyday does). Lucky Charms is ok too, but I don't really like them that much - and same deal, once in a while is ok, but not often.

(That's MY sensitivity level - most others can't tolerate ANY amount of Capt Crunch or Lucky Charms).

Good luck, it is NOT easy. I wish Cocoa Puffs would be gluten-free again!

Franceen

Diagnosed DH by Allergist via gluten-free Diet Success

Gluten-free since Dec 2005

Gluten-free works so why keep getting tests?

Neg skin biopsy & Neg bloodwork after gluten-free for 3 months

No Endoscopy - need to eat gluten for good test & won't do it

No other Allergies or major ailments!

Have you tried any of the Envirokids cereal's?

I find them quite tasty. I know they are gluten free, but I cannot verify if they would meet the rest of your

dietary requirements.

Shelli

I finally found Perky-Os and I only bought the Apple Cinnamon once, those are actually good. they are sweeter if you add sugar. Maybe you should try those?

~ lisa ~

...Flames vs. Panthers, and Lifehouse, were best experiences OF MY LIFE!!...

...26 years old...

...Look in my forum profile for ways to read my public sports articles...

R.I.P. Uncle Gus (Sept. 21, 1971 - Oct. 2, 2004) ... R.I.P. Baba (Oct. 12, 1911 - Feb. 28, 2006) ... R.I.P. Uncle Lawrence (Aug. 7, 1943 - Jan. 4, 2009)

I haven't tried them yet, but I heard the Glutino cereal that looks like cheerios is pretty close. I think they are called Cereal O's.

Jillian

Positive Blood test and Biopsy

Inflamed stomach lining

Gluten free since July 6, 2005

Tarrytown, NY

"Sometimes being a b$tch is all a woman has to hold onto." - Dolores Claiborne

Guest Viola

Gluteno has two ... Apple Cinnamon and Honey Nut, both are fairly good.

Having said that ... Perkyos has a lot more vitamins by far! And I find the Apple cinnamon one not bad.