Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

angel42

Cafe Baldo, Long Island New York

I was a little hesitant about eating here after I had read mixed reviews on the boards. I went there with my husband last night and it was fantastic. Not only was the food terrific but it was the first time in as long as I can remember that I did not get sick from eating out while still being able to have a normal meal (I went to the Legal Seafood near my apt and ordered off of the gluten-free menu and although I did not get sick the food was awful and I got sick from the Outback gluten-free menu). The owner, Joanne, is a celiac and was incredibly friendly and helpful. She bakes her own gluten-free bread which is quite good. I know someone on the board had mentioned getting sick there. I can tell everyone what I ordered off of the gluten-free menu. I got mozzerella sticks (better than most non-gluten-free that I have had) and veal parm. My husband is not a celiac and he loved the food as well. I had it for lunch again today since there was alot left over and I still feel fine.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I ate there last night too. I had the chicken parm and they made me gluten-free eggplant rolatini. My husband who does not have celiac couldn't tell the difference. We are actually ordering some trays for the holidays from them. Joann served us last night. She is very nice. She was diagnosed over twenty years ago. Another great experience.

Celiac Disease 08/05

Osteoporosis 08/05 (age 38 )

Fibromyalgia, Microscopic Colitis, Elevated ANA (1:1280) 09/07

Mom of three. Daughter with gene marker for Celiac. No signs of disease

Donna

Long Island, NY

i live near cafe baldo's and know joann the place i great and i have never had aproblem eating there. i you feel like traveling a bit try mama's in oakdale equally s good. :P

i love joann and the cafe....there food is amazing...i havent had a chance to get to mama's yet, but hopfully over my winter break from school i will...

but again as for the cafe...

BRILLIANT!!

~*~Mallory~*~

DX Anemic with Iron Deficiency & B12 Deficiency

DX Celiac via Blood Tests/XRays: October 26th 2006

Gluten/Wheat Free: October 26th 2006

:P Had a GREAT Chicken Marsala there last night.

Celiac Disease 08/05

Osteoporosis 08/05 (age 38 )

Fibromyalgia, Microscopic Colitis, Elevated ANA (1:1280) 09/07

Mom of three. Daughter with gene marker for Celiac. No signs of disease

Donna

Long Island, NY

I have been best friends with Joann's daughter, Christina, for 13 years. I never really appreciated the restuarant in the past. I had eaten there a few times with Christina to get some free meals... but now.. I've been diagnosed through blood work with celiac and had my biopsy last Thurs. I find out my results next Thurs. I am pretty confident the results will be positive for celiac. I am so lucky to have cafe baldo 5 minutes away from my house owned by a family I've known for so long. It's just ironic because when I would go over her house... Joann would be baking for the resturant.. and I would think... "that must suck to be celiac" and now its me. But it's true.. you can't tell the gluten free food at cafe baldo from regular food.

Hypoglycemic -since 1993

Hypothyroid- since 2000

Celiac- since 3/10/09