This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Had My 1st Follow Up Endoscopy

jkmunchkin

jkmunchkin Rising Star

I had my 1st follow up endoscopy yesterday since being dx'd almost a year and a half ago. My doctor wanted to do a colonoscopy at the same time, since I've never had one.

The colonoscopy showed a slight hemroid, no suprise and no big deal. Although the prep was super fun!! I had to go to my primary doctor today for another appointmet (thyroid), and he was making fun of me (in a nice way), that I was so lucky to have a colonoscopy at my age. LOL!

The endoscopy showed definite signs of celiac, but my villi are growing back. The doctor said there were some that were laying down flat, but she expects them to come back aswell. I had total flattening of the villi (doctor said I was one of the more severe cases they've seen when diagnosed), so I have / had a lot of healing to do.

Overall the results where good. She seemed happy with my progress, and almost as importantly I feel great.

I kinda wish I'd been more healed, but I have to remember how bad my damage was to begin with.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Ursa Major Collaborator

I am very glad you're healing, even if it takes quite a while. And you're right, a hemorrhoid is no big deal, knowing that you could have things a lot worse. I hope you keep healing as steadily as you have, and will have complete healing soon!

jerseyangel Proficient

That is really such good news, Jillian! You are well on your way to being completely healed :) I'm glad that you're feeling well--you obviously are doing a great job with the diet.

My colo also showed internal hemorrhoids--I would have never known they were there! :D They are common, and nothing to worry about.

dlp252 Apprentice

Wonderful news!!! :)

Mtndog Collaborator

That's awesome!!!!! Grow villi, grow! :rolleyes:

happygirl Collaborator

Yes, like Bev said, grow villi!

Jillian, happy to hear the good news that you are healing. That is really encouraging!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for posting and letting us know. We all need to hear great news of recovery! :) :)

My colonoscopy showed internal h. as well. We must be special or something!

jkmunchkin Rising Star
That's awesome!!!!! Grow villi, grow! :rolleyes:

LOL!! That was to funny! Thanks for the laugh.

My colonoscopy showed internal h. as well. We must be special or something!

Wait, you mean every 29 year old doesn't have an internal h. and takes a higher dose of calcium daily than a senior citizen!!! Hehe!! (No but seriously, the recommended dose on the bottle says 2 pills a day and my doctor wants me to take 3). What can you do but laugh, I mean none of it is life threatening. There are certainly worse things. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

Great news!

Mtndog Collaborator
LOL!! That was to funny! Thanks for the laugh.

Wait, you mean every 29 year old doesn't have an internal h. and takes a higher dose of calcium daily than a senior citizen!!! Hehe!! (No but seriously, the recommended dose on the bottle says 2 pills a day and my doctor wants me to take 3). What can you do but laugh, I mean none of it is life threatening. There are certainly worse things. :)

I have those lovely h-things too. Yes, Preparation H...isn't not just for under-eye bags and reducing zits. :P

Jillian- You must teach your villi the ways of the Jedi. They must use the force to grow!

nikki-uk Enthusiast
Yes, Preparation H...isn't not just for under-eye bags and reducing zits. :P

:lol: SSshhh!! We don't want the menfolk to know our secret to everlasting youthfullness!! :lol:

Archived