Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2wheels4eyes

Feeling Pretty... Good?!?

I'm coming up on 7 months gluten free and realised the other day... I actually feel pretty *good*!

Either my body's finally adjusted to the new diet (gluten, dairy, soy-free) or I've gotten smarter about what I put in my mouth, or both... but things just feel normal again. Except better.

I've even eaten out a couple of times without incident.

It seemed in the beginning every little thing would set me off. Now? It's been weeks. Have others found that their bodies eventually learn to chill out on the new regimen? Or that they can tolerate a little CC once in a while without consequences?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I've often wondered if I had just gotten better at this, or if I could just handle cc a little better now. My Lyme doc started me on a lot of meds and supplements. I was so overwhelmed just with the schedule of taking them all, I didn't even read if they were gluten-free. It took several days before I had any kind of reaction to the one supplement that had barley, and all it caused was some minor stomach upset.

Since I'm non-celiac, I challenged with the supplement again, and it bothered me again, so I know for sure it was this particular supplement causing the problems.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06