This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Presidants Choice Foods

dally099

dally099 Contributor

hey everyone, anyone know about presidants choice old fashioned dijon is gluten-free, of course their website states nothing, very futrating, im getting conflicting reports on mustard. any help is awsome,

thanks

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

dally099 Contributor
hey everyone, anyone know about presidants choice old fashioned dijon is gluten-free, of course their website states nothing, very futrating, im getting conflicting reports on mustard. any help is awsome,

thanks

hey i read the ingrediants and it states "white vinager" where my generic brand of mustard just stated, "vinager" is there a difference for us? thanks!

ravenwoodglass Mentor
hey i read the ingrediants and it states "white vinager" where my generic brand of mustard just stated, "vinager" is there a difference for us? thanks!

White vinager is often grain derived. It can come from wood or corn also. Just the word vinager, in stuff made in the US is apple cider vinager. I am sensitive to grain derived alcohols and vinagers so I would avoid until I knew for sure what it was from but some seem to have no problem with them.

kbabe1968 Enthusiast

Earlier this year I called French's and they sent me a list. Thier mustards are gluten free - with the exception of the honey mustard (I'm not sure what in the honey mustard is gluten, i haven't picked it up since). I buy thier spicy mustard and have not had any problems with it at all.

lorka150 Collaborator

you have to call them PER product, as they constantly change their suppliers. they will tell you not only if it's gluten-free, but also if the facility is.

gfp Enthusiast

I have a simple rule about which companies I trust...

Any legal Dijon mustard is gluten-free by definition.... it must be made in the appelation and with certain ingredients...

If a company decides to lie about its products or ignore international law then I don't trust that company.

So if it says made in France then it MUST legally be gluten-free.... anyone making a Dijon mustard and calling it gluten-free in Europe would have a very long prison sentence... if it did not follow the recipe or was made outside of the AOC Dijon....

Canada usually follows this.... wheras the US completely ignores it... but since President's choice is Canadian (as far as I know) it would seem likely they follow international law hence a Dijon mustard has to be gluten-free... if they don't then they are obviously not a company you can trust...

dally099 Contributor

well im happy to say that i talked to them today and the mustard is gluten free, still trying to figure out what i ate that bothered me, next im looking into the cheese slices, walmart great value, cant find the original packaging with the ingreadiants on them. ah such fun thanks everyone

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived