Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jvalentine89

Yummy Breakfast/snack

I just discovered my love for greek yogurt! I'm also lactose intolerant and I have no problems with this yogurt (I use fage brand). The consistency kind of reminds me of frozen yogurt so this morning for breakfast I mixed a cup of the greek yogurt with 4 overflowing tablespoons of peanut butter and a banana in it...it felt like i was at coldstone! Tomorrow i'll be eating my greek yogurt again but experimenting with different fruit. The label says "gluten free" and it has no sweeteners, additives, chemicals, etc. SO GOOD!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Where do you buy Greek yogurt...it sounds great - mixed with fruit...yum! Please advise. Thanks for sharing! KarenDianne

I just discovered my love for greek yogurt! I'm also lactose intolerant and I have no problems with this yogurt (I use fage brand). The consistency kind of reminds me of frozen yogurt so this morning for breakfast I mixed a cup of the greek yogurt with 4 overflowing tablespoons of peanut butter and a banana in it...it felt like i was at coldstone! Tomorrow i'll be eating my greek yogurt again but experimenting with different fruit. The label says "gluten free" and it has no sweeteners, additives, chemicals, etc. SO GOOD!

I just discovered the same stuff and love it. I get it at Whole Foods. So thick and creamy, not as sour as Dannon regular yogurt. It's as thick as sour cream. And the kind with the little side cup of honey is an incredible combination. I have a new kitten who tries to dive headfirst into the bowl when I eat this, so I have to lock her up or hold the bowl over my head. This stuff doesn't even compare to any American yogurt. It's strawberry season, so I had Greek yogurt, strawberries, and cashews for breakfast. Mmmmmmmmm.

Lee

I never liked bread anyway.....

Oh my gosh, I love greek yogurt. Even better if you're eating it in Greece. I remember having some for breakfast with honey and fruit when we were in Santorini (almost 14 years ago!) So yummy!

Michelle :)

Yum, sounds like something I have to add to my next shopping list for Whole Foods. Does it actually say Greek Yogurt on the label? Besides Fage, are there any other brands?

Thanks.

I love this too. I used to buy it at Trader Joe's. I fry a banana in a skillet and eat it with my yogurt and some toasted nuts sometimes too. Honey goes really well with it. I have mixed in some berries in syrup and frozen it for a treat.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

The greek yogurt that I use is made from skim milk, but I believe they do make greek yogurt from goats milk. I bought it at Whole Foods but i've also seen it in the dairy aisle of conventional super markets. Also, If you have specialty food stores such as an italian market, you might see it sold there.

I'm so glad you mentioned the brand name! I was at Acme this week looking for plain yogurt. I saw it there, i was shocked to see it in a regular store. It was not cheap though. i'm going to see if it's cheaper at our Whole Foods. SOMETIMES I find they are the cheaper b/c they will buy in more bulk than a store that doesn't sell much of it.