Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hi guys, I'm feeling crummy today, like I do when I've been glutened. I've been so careful lately so it really bugs me that I feel bad. Is bacon usually safe? We had Vans gluten-free waffles last night and bacon (that was frozen because it had no nitrites) and I woke up sick. Sometimes if I'm careless, or eating out a lot, this happens and I can accept it, but when I've been "good" it really makes me feel like pouting, it's not fair! :(

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Not sure, It pobably wasn't the bacon, but you never know...

How long have you been diagnosed? Many newly diagnosed Celiacs have tummy troubles and pseudo-glutenings for as long as 12-18 months after diagnoses (sometimes it takes a while to heal and for the body to get back to being normal).

I know I had a real tough time with greasy and fried items for a couple of years after diagnosis.

Were the waffles def gluten free?

Recently, I remember someone here posting about reacting to Vann's. I have no issue with them.

Most bacons are gluten free, but I stick to Oscar Meyer....yum.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Not sure, It pobably wasn't the bacon, but you never know...

How long have you been diagnosed? Many newly diagnosed Celiacs have tummy troubles and pseudo-glutenings for as long as 12-18 months after diagnoses (sometimes it takes a while to heal and for the body to get back to being normal).

I know I had a real tough time with greasy and fried items for a couple of years after diagnosis.

Were the waffles def gluten free?

Yes, the waffles were Vans, and I checked the box, I hadn't bought the wrong ones. I do wish they made the gluten-free box more distinctive though. I've been gluten-free for several years, although I wasn't really strict in terms of hidden glutens and going out to eat until about six months ago when I figured out that I'd been getting glutened every weekend at our favorite hangout. The corn chips we loved were cooked in glutened oil. My health was on a gradual down turn until we stopped going there for few weeks because my husband was sick. My gut got better and the light blub went off! Now we eat out less and when we do we try to go where they have a gluten-free menu so it's safer.