Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

confusedks

Kettle Chips And Icing

I have never heard of the brand of chips you are asking about but I know UTZ and Wegmans kettle chips are gluten free and both marked that way on the packaging.

I always used home made frosting too.

I spoke to someone with Kettle chips and they said that the only flavor that is NOT gluten free is the cheddar beer flavor. It is the only gluten chip in their facility and it, for reasons unknown, does not even test positive for gluten when they batch test. I consider Kettle chips much safer than Lays, except for maybe the Stax. I like to give my son baked kettle chips.

I'm not so sure about the frosting. I know that the only flavor that was not considered gluten free was the coconut pecan--but that was a couple of months ago. You can always call them if in doubt.

Yes, pure Kettle, their potatoe chips have been manufactured in a completely gluten-free facility since January of this year.

They have! That's great news. We stopped buying them because I'd had reactions if I ate too many. It will be nice to have a snack once in awhile of chips.

They have! That's great news. We stopped buying them because I'd had reactions if I ate too many. It will be nice to have a snack once in awhile of chips.

As I mentioned above, when I called them I got a call back from someone who sounded very knowledgeable. She said that the only gluten chip made in their facility is the cheddar beer flavor. Although that chip is made with beer, it tests negative when ELISA tested for gluten. Theoretically, that chip should test positive, but it does not. I consider their chips much safer than the Frito-Lay variety.