Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just thought I would post what I found out from Clinique today.

No Gluten: (all shades/colors in each category)

(a lot of them contain corn or soy though)

Glosswear for lips

Colour Surge Butter Shine

Colour Surge Bare Brilliance

Colour Surge Lipstick

Naturally Glossy Mascara

Quickliner for Eyes

Superfine Liner for Brows

Touch Tint for Eyes Shimmer Formula

Colour Surge Eye Shadow Quad

Colour Surge Eye Shadow Duo

Colour Surge Eye Shadow Soft Shimmer

Gluten:

High Impact Mascara

Repairwear for eyes (they said pretty much all of the gels for the eyes like this have barley in them)

It was really easy to find this out. They were fast and very accommodating. Here is the number incase anyone would like to call - 1-866-707-2100.

Yes, thank you! I'm still going to have to call though because I have been using their Dramatically Different Moisturizer for like ever and I suppose I should find out if it is even safe for me to use any more.. (newly diagnosed.) I hope so!

Yes, thank you! I'm still going to have to call though because I have been using their Dramatically Different Moisturizer for like ever and I suppose I should find out if it is even safe for me to use any more.. (newly diagnosed.) I hope so!

Dramatically Different Moisturizer Lotion is ok but the Dramatically Different Moisturizer Gel is not. The ingredients are very different between the two products. I made the mistake of grabbing the Gel the other day and had to take it back. I have found that a lot of Clinque's face care products contain gluten.

I have a thread on here with all my clinique findings. I use their products exclusively. Biggest thing you have to be careful of is the mild liquid soap they give out as samples for their 3 step program. that has barley extact in it. It sucks that give it out free with purchases quite a bit. I use the bar soap and that is safe.

I just thought I would post what I found out from Clinique today.

No Gluten: (all shades/colors in each category)

(a lot of them contain corn or soy though)

Glosswear for lips

Colour Surge Butter Shine

Colour Surge Bare Brilliance

Colour Surge Lipstick

Naturally Glossy Mascara

Quickliner for Eyes

Superfine Liner for Brows

Touch Tint for Eyes Shimmer Formula

Colour Surge Eye Shadow Quad

Colour Surge Eye Shadow Duo

Colour Surge Eye Shadow Soft Shimmer

Gluten:

High Impact Mascara

Repairwear for eyes (they said pretty much all of the gels for the eyes like this have barley in them)

It was really easy to find this out. They were fast and very accommodating. Here is the number incase anyone would like to call - 1-866-707-2100.

Thanks for this post. I called the Clinique number and inquired about products I regularly use. Just about every product (except Dramatically Different Moisturing Lotion) contains either gluten or SOY! I stopped using Clinique lipsticks long ago after reading that some contained gluten or soy. So I currently used Revlon. Fortunately the Revlon lipstick doesn't contain soy or gluten. The Revlon customer service rep referred me to Almay for other skin care products. The Almay rep recommended several gluten/soy free products I can use to replace the Clinique products which contain gluten or soy. Does anybody use Almay? What other cosmetic lines have you found to be free of gluten and soy? I haven't considered dairy or egg allergens in cosmetics, but would prefer to avoid those as well.

BURDEE