Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Im trying to find out if fruit jell is gluten free. I have some friends of the family that are making me lots of jelly and stuff, but im not sure the stuff is gluten free. I have tried doing an search to see if it is safe, but i do not have a brand name so im having trouble.

So I just wanted to know if anyone cans using fruit jell and if it is safe. I am going to ask the people again next time i talk to them to see what the brand is but i probably wont be able to talk to them til monday.

paula

gluten, casein and soy free

on low carb/low sugar diet

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I use Pomona's Pectin, which is gluten-free, if you can't find your answer :)

Gluten-free, Vegan

I second the use of Pamonas, It's very good.

We produce hundreds of types of tropical fruit jellies commercially and found it to work the best as well as being gluten-free

Ken

Im trying to find out if fruit jell is gluten free. I have some friends of the family that are making me lots of jelly and stuff, but im not sure the stuff is gluten free. I have tried doing an search to see if it is safe, but i do not have a brand name so im having trouble.

So I just wanted to know if anyone cans using fruit jell and if it is safe. I am going to ask the people again next time i talk to them to see what the brand is but i probably wont be able to talk to them til monday.

paula

"Ryo tatereba mi ga tatanu"

If we try to serve both sides, we cannot stand our own ground.

Japanese proverb

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

All of Ball's Pectin products are gluten-free. Here is a link to the ingredients. Like other posters, I use Pomona's Universal Pectin for canning. It is gluten-free also.

-Colleen

Dx 8/05 via bloodwork and biopsy (total villous atrophy)

13-year old son Dx 11/05 via bloodwork and biopsy

Daughters (16 and 5) have tested negative via bloodwork

A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt