Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ptkds

Is Grain Alcohol Safe?

I was reading the Pam spray label again, and I got to wondering about the grain alcohol. Is it safe?? I wound up getting the Mazola cooking spray that was more "natural" and pure.

Thanks!

ptkds

I was reading the Pam spray label again, and I got to wondering about the grain alcohol. Is it safe?? I wound up getting the Mazola cooking spray that was more "natural" and pure.

Thanks!

ptkds

That depends on your system, some of us react to distilled gluten grains but some are fine with them. The only way to really tell if you react or not is to challenge a for sure gluten grain derived vinager and/or alcohol to see if you react. It does seem folks with neuro damage and DH are more likely to react.

Thanks!

ptkds

Pam is gluten free. To my knowledge it is corn derived. Anything that is more natural and pure will always be my first choice also.

If a product lists grain alcohol, you should always call the manufacturer to identify the source.