Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jennandandy

Help! Need Good Tasting gluten-free Food

My daughter was diagnosed with Celiac two years ago. :o We have tried a few products, but she is very picky. I am leary to purchase several brands and they go to waste. Several things we have purchased her response is YUCK! I need help. She beginning to lose weight because all she will eat is some fruit, vegetable and meat. She needs good gluten-free carbs. Help Please.... :(

Guest j_mommy

My son and I like Mrs. Leepers pasta...corn....was great makeing spegetti.

What about pancakes....Bob's red mill is a good mix!

Bob's Red Mill brownies

Cause Your Special Mixes (all that I've tried are really good)

Glutino Cinnamon Raisin Bread

www.glutenchallenge.com has some good ideas for kids

Kids seem to like Wellshire Farms chicken nuggets and Ian's frozen meals (the tv dinner-type ones with fish sticks, gluten-free brownies etc).

gluten-free pancakes

Run a search for "gluten-free" on recipezaar and do some baking :)

Sorry, those aren't the healthiest suggestions, but oh well B)

My daughter was diagnosed with Celiac two years ago. :o We have tried a few products, but she is very picky. I am leary to purchase several brands and they go to waste. Several things we have purchased her response is YUCK! I need help. She beginning to lose weight because all she will eat is some fruit, vegetable and meat. She needs good gluten-free carbs. Help Please.... :(

I am thinking like the others, rice and potato products as well as corn and legumes.

Have you tried the rice pastas?

Kids love the Cascadian Farms Spud Puppies (like tator tots).

Alexia Jullienne fries are an option too.

You can make your own oven fries by just cutting potatoes in strips, tossing with a little olive oil and salt, and then baking them until tender and brown.

Bobs Red Mill has a corn bread mix, and there's popcorn, corn chips, and corn tortillas to use in casseroles.

Refried beans or plain canned beans, or make your own fresh, frozen peas and corn, corn on the cob, winter squashes, sweet potatoes are other healthy sources of good carbs.

If she likes hot cereal Erewhon has a cream of rice cereal that is super easy to mix up in the morning. I stir in a little almond butter and top with sliced bananas and berries but you could add in whatever she likes, yogurt, fruit, etc.

I found this link too that might give you some ideas:

http://www.glutenfreeforum.com/index.php?a...d=27&cat=56